MeCr of Yred

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 4th March 2011, 05:22

MeCr of Yred

Yred seems to be a great choice for Merfolk Crusaders. The zombies provide great shielding for the character, and the intelligent pets can be useful killing machines. Having so much to hide behind/coordinate with is extremely useful for a character tyoe with naturally low AC, and seems to outshine the other melee with summon support choice (Fedhas) so far.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 4th March 2011, 18:10

Re: MeCr of Yred

Okawaru is better than Yredelemnul for a MfCr, I think. Nemelex Xobeh (if you want melee with summon support) is better than Fedhas or Yred in that regard. I don't like Yred at all. :( Hate him, as a matter of fact.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 4th March 2011, 18:30

Oka doesn't give permanent sidekicks to hide behind though. The gifts are useful but usually you can find a few good res sources on your own.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 5th March 2011, 04:27

The gifts are actually EXTREMELY useful. They provide a guaranteed source of randarts unlike the fickle Crawl generators, and you can fill up your resistances that way. Also, Yred falls behind in power late game because stuff like Bone Dragons get weak. And a MfCr should be a strong melee force, not an assister summoner/zookeeper. Plus, you won't be able to switch easily to TSO later on because Yred has a much tougher wrath than Okawaru. In fact, Oka probably has the easiest wrath out of all gods (except maybe Chei or Xom).
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 5th March 2011, 21:58

Okawaru can give u robe of clouds unrand. Possibility to create water tiles anywhere is Priceless for merfolk thats how i won 1st time.
The flail fails to defends itself.
You open the flail like a pillowcase!!!

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 8th March 2011, 19:39

Yredelemnul is superb. His main thing is decent, while pain mirror and drain life are great equalizers against strong single foes and groups, respectively.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice