Help with wizmode

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2012, 19:32

Help with wizmode

Tried loading a character in wizmode, it loads only my skills and stats, but doesn't load XL, race and equipment. Is that how it is supposed to work or am I doing it wrong? I'm using Windows tiles build 0.12-a0-984-g507c6f2.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2012, 19:59

Re: Help with wizmode

Sar wrote:Tried loading a character in wizmode, it loads only my skills and stats, but doesn't load XL, race and equipment. Is that how it is supposed to work or am I doing it wrong? I'm using Windows tiles build 0.12-a0-984-g507c6f2.

My characters saved in wizard mode are OK. Are you trying to load character from one version to another? Maybe there's a bug there or your save game is not compatible with the game version you're using.
My wins so far - FeBe, KoBe, DsCo, MDFi, DsBe

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2012, 20:02

I think he's using the wizmode command '#' which loads a dump file. It does appear limited to skills and stats.

For this message the author BlackSheep has received thanks:
Sar

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2012, 20:08

BlackSheep is correct. So, I guess I should just copy character's save file, load game, enter wizmode (I was mainly interested in testing some stuff with fsim) and then copy non-wizmode save back after I'm done?

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2012, 20:13

Sar wrote:BlackSheep is correct. So, I guess I should just copy character's save file, load game, enter wizmode (I was mainly interested in testing some stuff with fsim) and then copy non-wizmode save back after I'm done?

If you want to experiment with a character in wizmode, I think this is you only option.
My wins so far - FeBe, KoBe, DsCo, MDFi, DsBe

For this message the author palin has received thanks:
Sar

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice