Does rage stack with Heroism etc.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 11th August 2012, 23:05

Does rage stack with Heroism etc.

Hi,

Playing a DsFi and found an amulet of rage on D2. Was considering going either Okawaru or Makhleb ... just wondering if the "rage" from the amulet stacks with Heroism etc. from Oka, or if with the amulet I'd be better going Mak?

Thanks,
Dez
3-5 rune wins: NaMo of Chei, SpEn of Ash, MiBe, VsBe. 15 rune win: DeFe of Vehumet

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 11th August 2012, 23:42

Re: Does rage stack with Heroism etc.

If I remember correctly, it will stack with Heroism, but not Finesse. An Amulet of Rage is decent, but I don't think you should let it decide your god for you. Okawaru is powerful, and Finesse has uses even with Berserk. In fact, I find Finesse much better then 'zerk. Makhleb is great too, but he is different in that his power ramps up slowly in comparison to Oka's. Heroism is really great, and Oka will give it to you very quickly.

I'd suggest going with Okawaru myself, since he gives a lot more then Makhleb until fairly late. You can switch over to Mak later, since Oka's wrath is quite tame.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 12th August 2012, 02:34

Zerk will stack with both heroism and finesse (sort of). When used at the same time with finesse, you will have the attack benefits of zerk with 2.0x speed when attacking and 1.5x moving (I think). It's usually unnecessary to use rage if you have finesse, but you should still keep the amulet as a panic button to escape by using the haste it provides.
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 12th August 2012, 03:10

Berserk cancels finesse.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 12th August 2012, 03:14

You're probably thinking of haste, which finesse does stack with (that is, you get 2x attack speed and 1.5x everything else speed).

giygas wrote:you should still keep the amulet as a panic button to escape by using the haste it provides.

This is generally a very bad idea, berserk times out incredibly quickly if you're not hitting things, and then you're slowed and dead.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 12th August 2012, 03:45

Not to mention you can pass out for multiple turns.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 12th August 2012, 21:25

zedzed wrote:Hi,

Playing a DsFi and found an amulet of rage on D2. Was considering going either Okawaru or Makhleb ... just wondering if the "rage" from the amulet stacks with Heroism etc. from Oka, or if with the amulet I'd be better going Mak?

Thanks,
Dez

If you're actually planning your god choice around berserk... I guarantee you're going to end up killing yourself with berserk.

At early levels melee characters benefit much more from Oka than Mak. Go Oka, get the drops, use his powers very liberally. If you think you MIGHT need to use hero/finesse, just use it. Piety is no use when you're dead.

You can always switch later if you want.
(p.s. this is stupid some dev please make it not stupid) - minmay

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 13th August 2012, 14:27

MarvinPA wrote:
giygas wrote:you should still keep the amulet as a panic button to escape by using the haste it provides.

This is generally a very bad idea, berserk times out incredibly quickly if you're not hitting things, and then you're slowed and dead.

AFAIK you can get 3 steps in before it expires so it could be mildly useful if you're 3 steps away from the stairs, although I'm not sure if that would let you escape.
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 13th August 2012, 14:48

sardonica wrote:
zedzed wrote:
If you think you MIGHT need to use hero/finesse, just use it. Piety is no use when you're dead.

This! Ever so much this!

It is possible to abuse consumables and lose because you run out. But the VAST majority of deaths are preventable if you just use the tools you have and don't panic or try to eek out not having to use that heal pot. Same goes for hunger. I've lost 1 character to starvation and untold numbers due to hunger related stupidity.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice