God for a Demonspawn Fighter with weak allies mutation ?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 18th February 2011, 10:12

God for a Demonspawn Fighter with weak allies mutation ?

I was thinking going with Oka for the varied gifts but my demonic ancestrors decided differently. Trog or Makleb would work nice i guess, Yredelemnul maybe would be good too...

Any advice ?

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 18th February 2011, 10:15

Re: God for a Demonspawn Fighter with weak allies mutation ?

I'd go with either Trog or Makhleb, really, since both give you even more allies to fight for you. Which one you want is really up to you. One has berserk and gifts, the other has greater demons and healing when you kill things.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 19th February 2011, 08:33

With a demonspawn, I would go with Makhleb. Ds have excellent invocations ability which is useful with Makhleb, and doesn't benefit Trog at all. But Trog is good too. Have you found an altar yet? What weapon school are you using?

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 19th February 2011, 09:41

He was a polearm user.
Ended up with Yredelemnul, more for the curiosity of triying him out. Didn't help too much, undeads are just too fragile.
Definately was my most interesting caracter so far.
Cleaned the gnoll fortress vault on D5or6 (good polearms loot) and ended up banished in the abyss from there too. Escaped abyss in 2000 turns, those weak demons sure are a good cover.
Sadly met Erica on D11 and before i could do anything was confused and blasted from afar... Having no more more potions (imp with wand of cold on D10), i decided to try go for the deep water to not give her the pleasure of finishing me. I suicided thus.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice