Can someone explain me how Zin works?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 24th June 2012, 22:32

Can someone explain me how Zin works?

My currently living HoHe has the potentiality to break my victory record (under 10 millions, I'm a *sloooow* player), or to die ignominiously wandering in Hells or Tomb (I've already got all 5 pan's runes).
To speed up things, I'm thinking to switch from TSO to Zin after I'll cleared Tomb, because I've read the latter is better in Hells and Zot:5.
Anyway, I've never considered seriously Zin, because his powers looks to me underpowered (at least, compared to TSO's ones). Therefore, in what way can I use Zin to clear Hells/Zot.5? :?
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 24th June 2012, 22:45

Re: Can someone explain me how Zin works?

Zin's main draws would be sanctuary and preventing mutations and hell effects.

I would just stick with TSO. Hell effects under TSO are not really that bad (often they just amount to healing you because of the heal-on-kills); for many characters TSO is better in hells than Zin.

For zot really Elyvilon is the best of the good gods but you won't really have time to rebuild piety unless you want to convert to Ely for hells (which is also not really that bad if you have enough food, but probably not worth doing) so I would just stick to TSO. Mutations in Zot:5 don't tend to mean a whole lot, and while sanctuary is good so is TSO's halo + summon A.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 25th June 2012, 23:15

Thanks for the information - so in shorter term, Zin sucks :lol: (at least, for my play stile).

For the record, I've just sticked with TSO, happily completing the game, finally beating my limit of 10 millions of score - except a dreadful moment with 1 (one!) hp left and Antaeus and 2 Ice Fiends in LOS :D
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 21:59

You give Zin money.
Zin gives you protection.

Zin really seems like some kind of political gangster. He's probably from Chicago.

(I think i'll make a thread about this in CYC)
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 01:53

I have however that grey draconian of zin can be very fun in crypt/tomb/hell

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 6th July 2012, 06:16

Recite starts to become deadly (against humanoids) once you get invocations past 9 or so; it's useful for incapacitating rooms full of baddies, if you can sneak up on them for a good position. Make sure to give yourself enough space from enemies since it takes four turns to complete a sermon.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice