How are the new Kobolds?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2022, 11:54

How are the new Kobolds?

Anyone got any experience / advice with the new Kobolds?

Their poor aptitudes (and hp) scare me out of doing a stabby run with them, whilst with ranged weapons they seem to be inferior to the Elves. I mean, Deep Elf has the same ranged aptitude, same hp, better support aptitudes, and more LOS.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 13th August 2022, 05:34

Re: How are the new Kobolds?

petercordia wrote:I mean, Deep Elf has the same ranged aptitude, same hp, better support aptitudes, and more LOS.

There were wisdom that old Kobolds were just worse version of deep elves:

duvessa wrote:As far as I'm concerned Ko in DCSS are just DE with two differences: 1. they're worse, 2. I don't want them to sit on my face.

(from : https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23861&hilit=duvessa+unironic+tier+list )

The new Kobold can be quite strong in my opinion, since limited LOS is really really good (they still have very bad hp though). I have no idea if -3 LOS worths the HP loss or not, but I think they are ok.

Do not try a stabber just because roleplaying if you want a strong character, stabbers are weak. Try an Earth Elementalist for example, and ejoy full LOS earth spells.

(Also, Kobold has better HP than Deep Elf, since she has better XP and Fighting attributes.)

For this message the author sanka has received thanks:
Majang

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice