Same movement speed, but attacked while moving

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2016, 23:06

Same movement speed, but attacked while moving

I am trying to learn the mechanics of the game. Recently I was attacked by a skeletal warrior while playing a deep elf. I assumed, wrongfully, that while I was moving from him at what I thought was the same speed he wouldn't be able to attack me as my health was low and I wanted time for it to regenerate. Is this possible? Was my speed somehow slowed and I wasn't aware of it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. game didn't matter too much anyways as I once again chose Ash and didn't get any remove curse scrolls, I am sucker for this god.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2016, 23:14

Re: Same movement speed, but attacked while moving

There's something called "energy randomization", where every now and then, randomly, enemies will take actions 0.1 aut faster or slower. This means you cannot pillardance enemies right next to you endlessly. On the flipside, it can sometimes mean you get a square between you and them and are able to escape up stairs.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 21st July 2016, 12:28

Re: Same movement speed, but attacked while moving

Yeah, best not to start fleeing when you're one hit from death, because they can always get lucky and get an extra attack in like that.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice