Is Demigod Crusader broken in 0.9?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 25th August 2011, 13:08

Is Demigod Crusader broken in 0.9?

Hi there.

I'm currently playing with a level 5 Demigod Crusader, with INT=17, spellcasting lvl 1 and charms lvl 1. He has a book of War Chants right from the beginning but all of its spells are ranked "useless" - I can't even memorize them.

Is this a bug? This is my 1st play with a Demigod Crusader so I might be missing something here... If not, how am I supposed to memorize and use these spells?

Tks in advance.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 25th August 2011, 13:34

Re: Is Demigod Crusader broken in 0.9?

Crusader has been removed in 0.9. It has been replaced with skald which starts with 2 spellcasting and 3 charms, so I'm not sure what's going on. I tried rolling a DgSk, and first spells are at good. Are you wearing armour or a shield?
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
wayreth

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 25th August 2011, 16:51

The trick is leave on only the charms skill for a few levels (XL5 perhaps) if you want to cast those L2 buffs. Not that I advocate that as a strategy in particular, but for a low-level character it's a better bet than training dodging, armour and stealth.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 25th August 2011, 16:59

galehar wrote:Crusader has been removed in 0.9. It has been replaced with skald which starts with 2 spellcasting and 3 charms, so I'm not sure what's going on. I tried rolling a DgSk, and first spells are at good. Are you wearing armour or a shield?

Damn, I've just noticed that I'm running 0.8.0 on my laptop and 0.9 at home. Sorry for the mix up.

And you were right: I was wearing mail plus a shield and that was lowering my ability to cast/memorize spells.

I'll try not to post more stupid questions :roll:

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 26th August 2011, 08:08

wayreth wrote:I'll try not to post more stupid questions :roll:

better to ask a lot of "stupid" questions than to do a lot of stupid things without knowing!
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice