Transmuter rookie

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 28th July 2011, 13:46

Transmuter rookie

Hey, could anyone tell me what those arrows that the transmuter begins with are for? I have no idea what to do with them! Tks a lot!

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 28th July 2011, 13:53

Re: Transmuter rookie

Transmuters have arrows for the spell Sticks to Snakes (S2S), an excellent pseudo-summoning spell. You must wield the arrows first to use the spell. Most wooden weapons can also be turned into snakes, including magical staves, so be careful what you wield. Cursed weapons turn into hostile snakes.

Use S2S in the early dungeon against anything that could kill you. Also use it for cover against ranged attackers so they can't hit your melee-happy character, or when you need to escape and need distraction/cover.

edit: Also, if you have another short question like this, ask the "Questions too small to need their own thread" thread.
Human kind cannot bear very much reality.
TSE

For this message the author dolphin has received thanks:
GNFR

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 28th July 2011, 16:43

dolphin covered most of it. Just one other thing: Its CTRL-Click on the arrows to wield them. Keep in mind that you can't actually attack very well at all whilst holding arrows, which is why its a rather underused summon; but at high levels its pretty cool. IMHO, its better to use the spell on a club or such and then draw a weapon.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 28th July 2011, 20:24

eharper256 wrote:dolphin covered most of it. Just one other thing: Its CTRL-Click on the arrows to wield them. Keep in mind that you can't actually attack very well at all whilst holding arrows, which is why its a rather underused summon; but at high levels its pretty cool. IMHO, its better to use the spell on a club or such and then draw a weapon.

Or, off the top of my head you can (w)ield + 'letter' them. Or you could bind them to 'b' and use ' to swap to them. But as was mentioned, cursed wood is bad business.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice