Gear

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 00:58

Gear

8.0 Spriggan Berserker. Have just won for the first time. Which is cool, given that I have been playing this stupid game since then late 90s. So now of course I'm trying to get a streak going. My new SpBe is on Level 23
A couple of quick questions.
I have a +9 quick blade which I have just vorpalised. Am I likely to find a better weapon? If so, what would it be? The Captain's Cutlass?
I have also just been given a mottled dragon armour by a scroll of aquirement. +2, AC5 EV-1 Str +5 Int +3 Acc +1. I am strong enough, and my ev is 38 while wearing it, but I am very short on AC. Should I wear it?

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 01:10

Re: Gear

Spriggan Berserker is an odd class, I think. It's going to take some experimentation to decide how much you can stand toe to toe and slug it out with your enemies. I'd say it's worth trying the armor, to see how it goes.

Your 9,9 quickblade of slicing is a very strong weapon. There are certainly weapons that can put out more damage in a single swing, but you're going to hit more often than most any opponent, and your hits will put a lot of hurt on the monster in a hurry. Good luck!

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 01:20

Paging Daydreamer... :D
Annotations
D:3 exclusion: Sigmund

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 01:49

How high is your armor skill? What is the -EV of the armor? You need twice that value, I believe. + Str on the armor helps.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 04:23

Regarding Mackeral, slugging it out is an option with nearly everything, but my slings are up to 14, so I don't need to. Especially with the wicked +8 steel ammo I have.
As to Xuaxuas comment, the armour is only -1EV, and like I said I'm really scratching for AC. I already have Lvl 2 Armour. The difference between this character and the previous one is +14AC from two rings I had, and the jewelry has not been great this time around. I only just got poison resistance for example.
In the meantime, I will go with the armour.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 04:38

Bots say three times the -EV of the armour.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 04:40

It's certainly possible to get a better quickblade than that; freezing, vampiric, or electrocuting quickblades would be in that category.

For this message the author cerebovssquire has received thanks:
blackhatbarry

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 05:57

How to get a quickblade of electrocution, after all? Tough Branches? Neverending Branches?
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 11:07

cerebovssquire wrote:It's certainly possible to get a better quickblade than that; freezing, vampiric, or electrocuting quickblades would be in that category.

Also, Pain quickblades if you're a Necromancer; and Distortion one as well (though thats pretty rare).

cerebovssquire wrote:How to get a quickblade of electrocution, after all? Tough Branches? Neverending Branches?

By worshipping the RNG god. I got one at Orc:1 once with a Scroll of Acquirement.

Also got a +10/+15 Randart Spear of Electrocution in Lair:3 with my first long surviving character. So its just chance, really. Okie and Trog help I guess.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 10th July 2011, 00:57

Well, I got there. Between my evasion and slings (and that quick blade) Zot 5 was really easy. I think that that armour was the right choice, by the time my armour skill came up a little, it was giving me an additional 7 AC. I think that next time I have a character like that I might have to go and visit some of those Hells. Although having read about them they sound horrible.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 10th July 2011, 10:47

blackhatbarry wrote:... I might have to go and visit some of those Hells. Although having read about them they sound horrible.

And despite all the bad publicity, the tourists just keep visiting... :twisted:
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice