[TRUNK] What happens when you carry 2 Stones of Tremors?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 14:07

[TRUNK] What happens when you carry 2 Stones of Tremors?

Is it advantageous to carry more than one of the same summoning evocable (Lamp of Fire, Phial of Floods, Stone of Tremors) type, since they all empty together?

If there is an advantage, it is not listed in the item description. If there isn't one, it might be helpful to add text similar to "All {name of item} are linked; there is no reason to carry more than one of these."
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 14:55

Re: [TRUNK] What happens when you carry 2 Stones of Tremors?

I think the game should only generate one of them in the first place.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 15:00

Well until recently they didnt empty together, so carrying many was totally viable and something I did a lot. I had a couple of winners that had 8-10 evokers on them (once 4 lamps, eat that antaeus). This is likely why theres not currently any note on them.

Now that they discharge together (if you find one on the floor while you carry one thats charging, the one on the floor is charging too) theres no purpose to carrying more than 1 of each.

But if you start checking to see if the player has got one when generating them then you are generating more useful items, we dont check like this anywhere else, the game will happily throw duplicates of standard items at you.

Why special-case it? You might make any elemental evocable already in inventory 'grey' on the floor/shops, much as certain god powers or species intrinsics can do the same thing on the fly (i carry berserk pots on a vamp and they grey as he hungers but come back to white if he satiates, so its not exactly a new mechanic)
Online Wins: MiFi, GrFi, TrMo, HOGl, SpEn, {DEWz, DDNe}, {OgBe, CeHu}, FoFi, VSFi, MfGl, {HaGl, VpEn, HESk}, KoAs, DsFi, TeMo

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 15:22

Well, it's pretty clear that you can't use two plate armours at once. And there are lots of items that don't get repeatedly generated; you'll never ever see two of the same unrand.

The idea that this stone of tremors has somehow depleted all the other stones of tremors is also narratively strange. I'm not huge on simulationism, but this one does stand out for me.

Anyhow, don't check to see if the player has one in inventory, check to see if one exists in the stash tracker.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 15:24

I say if you're doing that, then do the same for Staff of X. I've never found a need for more than one enhancer staff of the same type.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 22:09

njvack wrote:The idea that this stone of tremors has somehow depleted all the other stones of tremors is also narratively strange. I'm not huge on simulationism, but this one does stand out for me.

Anyhow, don't check to see if the player has one in inventory, check to see if one exists in the stash tracker.

Yeah this happened a couple of times to me in runs which Is why I made note of it. It struck me as incongruous. Im not too simmy either, but its eyebrow-raising. I felt I should be able to drop my recharging one and pick up a full one.
Online Wins: MiFi, GrFi, TrMo, HOGl, SpEn, {DEWz, DDNe}, {OgBe, CeHu}, FoFi, VSFi, MfGl, {HaGl, VpEn, HESk}, KoAs, DsFi, TeMo

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 12th May 2015, 23:04

Make it consumable and stackable like phantom mirror.

For this message the author ajon has received thanks: 4
duvessa, nago, Sandman25, Sar

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th May 2015, 16:25

Or, for the really silly approach, make them stackable, and each extra one reduces the recharge time. Something like (recharge time)*(.95^(total stones -1)).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 13th May 2015, 18:11

Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 13th May 2015, 20:10

Make them hats that only rech when you wear them.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 13th May 2015, 22:47

Make them pink.

For this message the author ajon has received thanks:
partial

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice