Leaving Jiyva?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 18:17

Leaving Jiyva?

Hello, this is my first post.

Ive played about 4 long games (and several early deaths) and my current game seems to have a chance of success. I am level 20, have an amulet of resist mutation and a level one resist mutation mutation and good items all around. I was worshiping Fedhas but bad mutations began to outweight good ones, so I drank a cure mutation potion but it only removed the good ones. Thus I started worshiping Jiyva to remove them and did so with success plus about 8 good ones. I am under fedhas penance but my resistances help me against all of his explosions (Oklob are a problem), I don´t have any mutation that forbids armor of any kind and becouse of all this and that I don´t want to loose the use of my items, I want to leave Jiyva and maybe return to Fedhas.

Ive cleared the shoals, lair, orc, elf, levels 1 and 2 of sneak (currently no poison resistance due to equipment mismanage and slimes), and Ice portal and the hole dungeon.

So, my questions are:

How many good mutations should I have for them to outweight bad ones created by jiyva penance?
Will my amulet and mutation of mutation resistance be enough to resist the mutagenic radiation punishment?
Should I wait for a resist corrotion amulet? My main ofence is melee, but I am training to get ice bolt usable.
Wil Fedhas stop the penance if I rejoin him?
Is there another good that is good against Jiyva penance?
Where should I go next?

I may die soon since Fedhas surrounded me with wandering mushrooms and an oklob. I dont have a curing potion or clarity, but have very hi EV, decent AC and some magic buffs. This is the first time I feel I have a chance and thats why I am taking the time to ask for advice.

Thank you in advance

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 19:02

Re: Leaving Jiyva?

why are you having trouble with oklobs, jiyva gives you rAcid
honestly fedhas -> jiyva is really good and what oka -> tso wants to be, just stick with it

For this message the author notcluie has received thanks:
duvessa

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 19:26

I would probably just stick with Jiyva if I wanted to win. (I don't actually like playing with Jiyva, so I might change for that reason.) Slimify and cure bad mutation are very useful abilities.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 19:35

Well, I don´t want to loose my good armor, I have artifact for almost everything. Also, my character is a merfolk and I used the rain ability to very good effect before.

I considered oklobs a problem in theory only since I was allways able to dodge them before. Forgot I had acid resistance.

But yes, maybe I should stick with jiyva, maybe I am to much of a collector and should let go more. It is frustrating to loose the items tough.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 19:37

If you spam 5 less you'll lose pretty much no items

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 20:24

5 less what?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 20:30

the 5 key on your keyboard

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 23:00

Numlock (y/n)?
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 23:18

He mean Slimify I guess.
English is NOT my native language.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 29th December 2014, 23:53

He means rest. You press 5 to rest 100 (?) turns or until you recover all MP/HP. During this time jellies slurp. What he is saying is that you should be faster and then item loss will be minimal.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 2
GlassGo, rockygargoyle

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 30th December 2014, 01:35

I entered the vault and it was very easy (level 3 now), I advanced continually and never had to retreat or rest. Still I found many rooms with doors melted and slimes all around, I was getting Jiyva gifts all the time. Also, lost my hat becouse of antenae 3 but regained it. I am considering leaving jiyva but would like to hear advice on how to do it whether in this or other game.

Thank you for the advice and clarifications.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 30th December 2014, 02:18

Yeah, in my experience Jiyva tends to eat everything. I don't like Jiyva very much. But if you leave Jiyva you're going to get bad mutations and it might result in your death, and it would be a long time before you got piety with your new god. I'd just continue with Jiyva.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

For this message the author Berder has received thanks:
rockygargoyle

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice