Noise of evocables

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 10th October 2014, 15:01

Noise of evocables

I assume that the stone of tremors and disc of storms make a very loud noise but what about the others?

Also what about the Staff of Dispater?

I'm assuming that rods depend on the type of effect (lightning/ignition = loud, clouds & summoning = quiet) but could be wrong.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 13th October 2014, 13:47

Re: Noise of evocables

Stone of tremors: 15, centered at you.

Disc of storms: 25 at you when it makes a lightning bolt, 1 at a monster when a shock hits it, 5 at a monster when a lightning bolt hits it, 6 at a monster when an orb of electricity hits it, then 20/25 at that monster again.

Phial of floods: 6 at the monster that it hits (but monster primal wave makes 25 noise when it hits something).

Fan of gales: 8 where you are.

Lamp of fire: 5 wherever the trails hit something.

Staff of Dispater: 9 where you evoke it, plus 15 (same as all hellfire) where it hits.

As reference, fireballs make 15 noise where they hit, and lightning bolts 25 when you cast them.

For this message the author wheals has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Jeremiah

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 13th October 2014, 15:04

How noisy are the rods? I am pretty sure lightning rod is less noisy than lightning bolt, which is pretty counterintuitive (yes I know the spells are not the same).

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 13th October 2014, 17:47

I think the rod of lightning represents a lot of smaller electical discharges covering the whole area versus a single great bolt of lightning with the accompanying thunderclap.

And I guess when you aim the rod always at the same space, it's like a continuous discharge of energy for the time that it lasts.
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice