I'm stupid

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 14th September 2014, 11:49

I'm stupid

If the last action on a berserk was attack/butchering, you can still pass out from exhaustion (1d4 paralysis).
Because NO_BERSERK_PENALTY is -1, not 0, and is only caused by xom/deck of cards themed berserks. Normal berserks only reset to 0, not -1.

I apologize to anyone who was mislead by my stupid, wrong advice. Whether or not you end a berserk by attacking/butchering or not doesn't matter. It's always 1/10 chance to pass out when your berserk ends.

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks: 3
duvessa, Lasty, rchandra

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 14th September 2014, 13:04

Re: I'm stupid

butchering is still a good way to wait for enemies to come next to you while berserk though (because it doesn't nuke the duration like walking/swinging at air (wtf) does
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

For this message the author Bloax has received thanks:
Sandman25

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 14th September 2014, 23:58

Re: I'm stupid

Bloax wrote:butchering is still a good way to wait for enemies to come next to you while berserk though (because it doesn't nuke the duration like walking/swinging at air (wtf) does

Yea, you still need to pay attention to meleeing enemies and butchering (if you want your berserk to last longer) vs not doing these things (if you want your berserk to end sooner). The advice still holds for CONTROLLING how long your berserk lasts, but 1/10 of the time you pass out at the end and you can't stop that with your actions.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice