Mummies of Sif Muna

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 6th May 2011, 14:36

Mummies of Sif Muna

I am currently running a Mummy Transmuter through the early dungeon. Not having found an altar of Chei, I have joined Sif Muna instead. Now I am wondering - can I just sit in a corner and cast a lot of spells to push my Piety and get a few gifts before proceeding? Or am I missing something?

Barkeep

Post Friday, 6th May 2011, 14:44

Re: Mummies of Sif Muna

You need to actually train skills to please Sif -- so you'll need to be killing things for exp before casting spells.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 6th May 2011, 14:45

Sif piety is mostly (completely?) dependent on training magic skills, not just casting spells. So sitting in a corner casting will only build piety if you have a pile of xp to victory dance with. But it's highly unlikely you would have enough xp sitting around when you first find Her altar to dance all the way up to ****** and get your first gift.

Sif is a pretty low maintenance god- no micromanagement or gaming needed. Just continue on, training skills as normal, and before long (usually mid lair in my experience) She'll start gifting. The only special treatment She needs is to victory dance some invocations to get channel energy somewhere useful- you especially want to do this as a mummy, since the food cost won't effect you. (Almost) free mp!

Edit: ninja-ed. u_u

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks:
Silk

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 6th May 2011, 22:33

With a Mummy of Chei, I have absolutely nothing that urges me forward. No food clock. No piety clock. I can take as much time as I need to test various branches and clear levels one by one. Also I want Step from Time as a backup escape system.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 6th May 2011, 23:06

Just because you see people in ##crawl doing it doesn't make it right. Those are bad people.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 7th May 2011, 00:47

minmay wrote:Out of curiosity, why was Cheibriados your preferred god choice? I can't think of any situation where I'd prefer Cheibriados to Sif Muna on a mummy, but maybe I'm missing something.

rF+ sounds pretty nice. But not nicer than free channeling, unless you prefer a magic-light style and have a ring or wizardry or something.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 7th May 2011, 17:43

I am a huge Chei fan, but I don't play him anymore because I can't use artifact armor. It is SO incredibly frustrating that you can't make artifacts ponderous.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 7th May 2011, 19:52

smeej wrote:Just because you see people in ##crawl doing it doesn't make it right. Those are bad people.

Or people like me who tend to underestimate challenges and/or run headfirst into deadly things. Chei is my training partner to exercise restraint and calm. That being said, my Mummy in question just died :( Lost my retreat to the stairs for a moment and suddenly I am hunted down by uniques.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice