Uncurse my orc's crossbow?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 21st April 2011, 05:15

Uncurse my orc's crossbow?

I seem to have a knack for SpVMs who aquire orcs from crusade cards. My new permanent friend just got promoted to warlord and is a great help all around with what must be the most heavily enchanted bolts I've ever seen. But his Xbow is cursed and I'd love to give him a useful melee weapon too. He doesn't pick up scrolls of remove curse or enchant weapon, is there any way for me to uncurse that thing?

And even with pickup set to all he only takes his bolts when he happens to on the same square anyway, never walks over to get them; this game feels a lot like Nethack's polytrap dancing at times, displacing the orc onto his bolts after each fight. Any ideas from more experienced orc trainers?

And lastly... I want a name for him, not fair that appearently only beogh-priest converted orcs get them! :-(

Edit: Playing release candidate 0.8, windows tiles

For this message the author Rafa has received thanks:
pratamawirya

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 21st April 2011, 14:16

Re: Uncurse my orc's crossbow?

Sadly, no. Your orc is destined to die by ineffectually using his crossbow in melee. Beogh can enchant your orcs' weapons, but I don't think it removes any curses.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 21st April 2011, 15:05

Pretty sure the enchant by Beogh will eventually remove it. Oh, you are not even a Orc Priest? Then you are probably out of luck.

And ya, it's very tedious to fool around with minions. It's not a very fleshed out part of the game on any roguelike really.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 22nd April 2011, 02:08

He died soon after I asked here while I was peeking into the last unexplored corners of an otherwise cleared level. A single(-headed) ogre? What a joke, he beat more than one of them effortlessly :-( If I have a spare ID scroll I still want to know what these impressive bolts were, if mulching works the same for non-players they must be something to drool over with all my next hunters.

Thanks for the answers anyway.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice