Which weapon to corrupt

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 21st February 2014, 17:43

Which weapon to corrupt

Playing as a DsAK with the intention to corrupt a demon whip. But I got to Lair 2, and there's a quickblade lying on the ground. I have 14 levels in maces and flails, but it's not exactly tragic to get the 8 levels needed for short blades to get the quickblade up to minimum delay.

So would you switch to the quickblade for a MUCH earlier distortion weapon, or continue on with M&F until I get the demon whip? I'm currently using a +4+7 flail of draining that Edmund generously gifted to me.

Keep in mind that I'm playing version .13, so there's no easy way to switch weapons once I've equipped it.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 21st February 2014, 17:48

Re: Which weapon to corrupt

qb of distortion is as good as a weapon of distortion can go, probably, but it's a bit sad to not use all those trained M&Fs. I would start with a polearm on an abyssal knight, because I think reaching should be good for blinking monsters.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 21st February 2014, 19:48

Re: Which weapon to corrupt

Definitely corrupt the quick blade, it costs almost nothing to get that to mindelay and it is ideal for the applications where you want disto. You might discover that you don't actually like disto weapons, though, in which case using a dwhip, eveningstar, or dire flail would be preferable. Lugonu allowing disto swapping in .14 is extremely nice for that reason.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice