Sack of spiders?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 29th June 2013, 05:46

Sack of spiders?

Just picked it up on downloadable trunk. How does this work? I think it summons spiders, but is it one time only or does it works like lamp of fire?

And is there a chance of summoned spiders turning up hostile?

Most importantly, would it be useful? If I can use the sack multiple times, I think it could work like summon butterflies-and I'm playing as Djinni berserker so it should be a good asset if I want to run away.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 29th June 2013, 10:40

Re: Sack of spiders?

It is similar to Box of Beasts IIRC. You can use it several times in a row, but it has limited number of "charges". Summons several friendly monsters (not limited to spiders; Knowledge bots say you can get a ghost moth at high Evo, and I think I got a giant mite from it, unless my memory deceives me). It also places some webs nearby. Did not have a chance to use it with high Evocations, so I don't know how powerful it can be, but webs can be occasionally useful even if you do not invest in the respective skill.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 29th June 2013, 19:07

It gives 5-15 uses IIRC, and will distribute webs and some spiders/spider-like things around your position. At about 14-15 Evo I was getting 3-4 redbacks and trapdoor spiders. A pretty useful item at times, just don't get caught in your own webs.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 30th June 2013, 03:24

prozacelf wrote:just don't get caught in your own webs.

Code:
!lg roshnak v:5 -tv

For this message the author mumra has received thanks: 2
prozacelf, rebthor

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 1st July 2013, 15:07

nordetsa wrote:Just picked it up on downloadable trunk. How does this work? I think it summons spiders, but is it one time only or does it works like lamp of fire?

Limited number of charges, but that number seems pretty high.

And is there a chance of summoned spiders turning up hostile?

I don't think so, at least I haven't seen it and I've been using them pretty liberally since they went in.

Most importantly, would it be useful? If I can use the sack multiple times, I think it could work like summon butterflies-and I'm playing as Djinni berserker so it should be a good asset if I want to run away.

Yeah, they're useful. I haven't used it much to cover retreats because webs, but the spiders wreck stuff pretty hard at medium-ish (10-15) evo.
kekekela is my in-game name

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice