Tavern Snacks are Back! (0.30)

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 4th May 2023, 10:34

Tavern Snacks are Back! (0.30)

There is no tournament page as yet, but posts from defs on the DCSS subreddit indicate that the 0.30 tournament definitely starts tomorrow - May 5th - as announced in the April 1 post on this site's front page.

Tavern Snacks will be ready to go with me, sanka, Strat and andrew. We are a casual clan who just like to play and encourage ourselves and each other as much as we feel like. There is a free space for anyone who would like to join us on our freewheeling quest for runes and such.

As soon as it's available I'll link to the tourney page and set up my rc file for the clan.

For this message the author Moanerette has received thanks:
andrew

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 4th May 2023, 18:35

Re: Tavern Snacks are Back! (0.30)

hey hello again! I've just been thinking about playing some crawl again in the last few weeks, what a coincidence that the tournament is starting now. add me add me add me :3

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 4th May 2023, 20:25

Hey hey! This means the Snacks have all five regular members and there is one space available to anyone who wants in. Not many people look at Tavern nowadays but I won't be advertising anywhere else as we are tavern-based snacks and not to be eaten on Reddit or Discord.

The 0.30 tournament page is here - https://crawl.develz.org/tournament/0.30/overview.html

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 4th May 2023, 21:55

Hi Moanerette! Thanks for organising the snacks again!

I have added you as teamcaptain, altough I can not see the team on the tournament page yet.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 5th May 2023, 10:23

We're on the tournament page and everyone is listed as present bar Strat, who I'm sure will be along soon.

I have won a previously unheard of three games already this year, so I have fond hopes of adding a fourth! We'll see. I've been playing Crawl Cosplay Challenges (https://cosplay.kelbi.org/) and am convinced that the (often minor) restrictions imposed by cosplay conducts have helped me focus and improve my game. Been playing a lot this release cycle, the game is in a good place as far as I'm concerned.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 5th May 2023, 15:04

I'm here, and will add the line to my RC soon! Thank you, Moanerette, for getting this rolling again -- didn't mean to shove the team captain role off on you (or anyone), but thanks for picking it up. As always, no idea how many games I'll work in given real life (I seem to squeeze in more than I think just because it's the tourney). Not a good record for me since the last tourney -- not sure I've won any -- but here we go. Good luck all.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 5th May 2023, 19:42

It's no problem, I like that we do this. As usual I'll be playing on CAO if anyone wants to say hi. I will surely start with Nemelex' Choice.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 02:01

If you still have a spot available, I'm interested. I'm terrible at endgame - have only spotted the Orb twice and never reached it - but pretty good at bad combos. I usually play on CBR2

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 09:36

zlionsfan wrote:If you still have a spot available, I'm interested. I'm terrible at endgame - have only spotted the Orb twice and never reached it - but pretty good at bad combos. I usually play on CBR2

Hi zlionsfan, welcome to the team! I've added you as zlionsfan, please say if you play under a different name. All you have to do is add # TEAMCAPTAIN moanerette as the first line of your v0.30 rc file.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 16:33

Hi zlionsfan, welcome to the team! I've added you as zlionsfan, please say if you play under a different name. All you have to do is add # TEAMCAPTAIN moanerette as the first line of your v0.30 rc file.

Thanks, happy to be here! I do play as zlionsfan and have added you as my team captain.

For this message the author zlionsfan has received thanks:
Moanerette

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 16:48

First win report! If I am not mistaken, first win for the snacks!

https://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/sanka/morgue-sanka-20230506-164127.txt

I lost a Nemelex combo (DrCA) in V5 -- this hurt, I liked that dragonformer, but I guess I should not have played that late.

Anyway, I won now a TeRe, another Nemelex combo, I was the first to win in the tournament this combo.

I was lucky to find a +8 ring mail in D2, and this was my armour till the very end. I found the glavie of the guard in an orc shop, and started training polearms. All around I got very good equipment very soon. I went Vehumet and learnt Chain Lighning in the end.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 19:20

zlionsfan wrote:

Thanks, happy to be here! I do play as zlionsfan and have added you as my team captain.

You're not showing up as in the clan. I think this is my fault. You should have added Moanerette not moanerette. I think I've got this wrong before, sorry.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 19:43

Moanerette wrote:
zlionsfan wrote:

You're not showing up as in the clan. I think this is my fault. You should have added Moanerette not moanerette. I think I've got this wrong before, sorry.

lol! I think it's my fault. I actually added Moanerette at first from your forum name, then saw your post and changed it back. I will change it again shortly.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 20:04

I'm in! I updated my CAO rc, I feel like that one gets pulled in more often than the other servers but that may be outdated knowledge, I took a break after 0.22.

Congrats sanka! Always good to get an early win on the board (from what I've heard :D )

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 20:42

good good, welcome aboard.

Sanka, that is such a nice hat you wore for your win.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 6th May 2023, 22:35

Yeah, it was funny that in Elf I found the Crown of Dyrovepreva which is almost the same just worse: only +3 and adds only +2 Int.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 7th May 2023, 03:55

it was going so well… :/ Yeah, lesson learned: don't go to Abyss:4, just don't
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 00-52-37 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.30.0.png
Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 00-52-37 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.30.0.png (496.73 KiB) Viewed 26382 times

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 7th May 2023, 10:45

Dying in the Abyss always feels like a betrayal. "I voluntarily entered your horrible dimension and this is the thanks I get!"

An OgWn wielding Zephyr with a Hep hexer ancestor feels tabbable-strong until the ancestor gets clobbered, at which point it becomes a scramble to stay alive. Cornered by death yaks on Lair 5, going to the shop while I think about this one. I now have large rocks and javs and am wondering whether to switch to them (assuming I survive the current fix).

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 8th May 2023, 01:22

Finally got a character through D/L/O. Of course next he's going to attempt the Lair branches without a good source of rPois or perma-flight, so we'll see how that goes....

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 8th May 2023, 21:28

Think that might be the first time I've died in Zot. Oh well.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 01:54

andrew wrote:Finally got a character through D/L/O. Of course next he's going to attempt the Lair branches without a good source of rPois or perma-flight, so we'll see how that goes....

That is the worst. I feel like for me that's the point where I am just Dead Character Walking and my one choice is to decide where I die.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 04:22

as soon as I say that, I find myself trying to find clarity/flight to brave the Swamp (I have rPois). No rElec so can't poke in the Vaults yet (already tried), poked around in the Depths a little but that nearly went poorly. I'm going to ask the Elves if they can help.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 05:06

zlionsfan wrote:as soon as I say that, I find myself trying to find clarity/flight to brave the Swamp (I have rPois). No rElec so can't poke in the Vaults yet (already tried), poked around in the Depths a little but that nearly went poorly. I'm going to ask the Elves if they can help.

sigh. Elves did have a ring of flight. I got the rune in the swamp but got killed on Swamp:1 trying to get out, too many jerks circling the stairs and I got yanked into the middle of them with no way out.

Ah well. I haven't had a three-rune game in a long time. Getting Jivya early helped for obvious reasons, I can see why it's not a great late-game god but I'd not had this chance in a while and figured I'd see where things went. I did lose a couple of helpful mutations along the way, I missed those.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 13:56

Oh well. And I did get the Shoals rune (and made it out) but died in Snake to too many nagas spitting too much poison.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 16:54

I see that Nemelex has Chosen a VpHW. I played 36 Vp games without doing better than XL11 - couldn't work them out at all - and it became the one species I never play. Dare I have another go?

Currently have two combo high scores, OgWn and DrBr. Hopefully I'll keep the first of those. Dying in Zot 5 was a sickener (and avoidable) but it was my best Ogre and best Wanderer (and best Hep worshipper) to date, so i choose to be encouraged rather than downhearted.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 17:36

Yeah I've never won with Hep either. I suspect I'm missing something.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 9th May 2023, 19:02

It's great. I rolled through V5, D4 and Z 1-4 using the hexer ancestor and javelins/large rocks, it was only a whole gang of OOFs on Z5 (and me not retreating in time) that messed things up. But you need to have an escape route for if your ancestor gets killed (it comes back pretty soon, but that's no use when OOFs are on your tail).

andrew

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 11th May 2023, 12:52

Sorry to have been AWOL to the party here so far, team, but it has been a pretty sad party for me so far. I just can't seem to win in 0.30, probably because I don't really know the game well and just keep doing the things that worked for me before (not that I ever was winning a ton!). My first game I actually had the orb and died on the orb run -- since then I've had a couple close ones but can't get over the hump and out the exit. I am obsessively playing VSFE right now on the obviously mistaken theory that I used to be half-way decent at VS. Congrats to sanka on the win and to everyone on pushing ahead.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 11th May 2023, 20:34

CBR2 looks like it needs a break - I'm hopping over to CAO for now. Glad to see they got the disk replaced, wonder if that was the cause of the lag for me. (Columbus is a lot closer but generally I hadn't noticed lag from US servers in the past, not until somewhat recently)

EDIT: it's 6:45 PM EDT or so (22:45 UTC) and CBR2 is back. Just as well, my OpDe work was not going well over on CAO.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 11th May 2023, 23:14

My first game I actually had the orb and died on the orb run

Owww, I have not yet had that happen to me, thank goodness. But if it's really making you sad then don't be shy about taking a break, we're all about having fun and those tasty tasty snacks. And please don't apologise, the cool thing is that we come together to do this :)

We're doing well with a win and some other high scoring games, and plenty of games played. I do find the new scoring system hard to work out, it is much less transparent than the old one.

Currently having fun with an AtFi of TSO. I've tended to avoid this god but decided I'd like to get some exploration points by getting to extended if I can - I normally avoid it like the plague. Two runes now, the first from the Abyss at XL17 or something, TSO's summons are excellent and last for ages. Using a +7 whip of elec, which is starting to fall off against the tougher enemies, hopefully I'll find a demon whip to bless.

andrew

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 12th May 2023, 00:38

I like TSO. And agreed, the new scoring system is weird.

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 12th May 2023, 02:26

Yeah, I find myself clicking through multiple times and filtering to see me or us just to try to figure out where points are coming from, and even then sometimes (combos) it's not clear.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 12th May 2023, 21:04

I agree -- while I think that the new system might be better in that it doesn't reward winning early games, I have a hard time figuring out what might help my score (not that I am that concerned about it anyway). Well, at last a win, and this version is definitely tougher for me. I did give up on Nemelex Choice and just went VSMo of Zin, my old standby.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 13th May 2023, 00:33

Very pleased for your win. My character has become a monster and cleared the Vestibule of Hell with little trouble. Some nice randarts. The armour and ring came from the same ridiculously hard to kill high priest in Elf 3.

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.30.0-5-g1a98f26 (webtiles) character file.

Moanerette the Tortoise (Armataur Fighter)         Turns: 49500, Time: 06:00:50

Health: 206/206    AC: 53    Str: 28    XL:     22   Next: 39%
Magic:  43/43      EV: 17    Int: 16    God:    the Shining One [******]
Gold:   6025       SH: 24    Dex: 12    Spells: 17/29 levels left

rFire   + . .        a - +9 eveningstar (holy)
rCold   + + .        D - +2 tower shield {rPois}
rNeg    + + +        E - +14 plate armour "Lumurhai" {rC+ Will+ Int+5}
rPois   +            I - +2 helmet
rElec   .            n - +2 cloak {Will+}
rCorr   .            K - +0 pair of gloves
SInv    .            c - +4 barding {Fly}
Will    +++..        k - amulet "Boibesomn" {Reflect Regen+ MP+9 SH+5}
Stlth                q - ring "Hohe" {rF+ rC+ EV+5 Stlth-}
HPRegen 1.34/turn    y - +5 ring of evasion
MPRegen 0.28/turn

%: reflection, roll
@: flying, glowing, studying 4 skills
A: large, rugged brown scales 3, deformed body, armoured tail, roll, long
tongue, awkward tongue
}: 3/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, abyssal
a: Renounce Religion, Divine Shield, Cleansing Flame, Summon Divine Warrior

You are on level 2 of the Vaults.
You worship the Shining One.
The Shining One is exalted by your worship.
You have visited 9 branches of the dungeon, and seen 37 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 3 times.
You have also visited: Ossuary, Bailey, Ice Cave and Desolation.

You have collected 7097 gold pieces.
You have spent 1072 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 a - a +9 eveningstar of holy wrath (weapon)
 b - a +8 heavy eveningstar
Missiles
 m - 3 boomerangs (quivered)
 o - 8 boomerangs of dispersal
 S - 4 silver javelins
 U - 10 atropa-tipped darts
 X - a curare-tipped dart
Armour
 c - a +4 barding of flying (worn)
 n - a +2 cloak of willpower (worn)
 D - a +2 tower shield of poison resistance (worn)
 E - the +14 plate armour "Lumurhai" (worn) {rC+ Will+ Int+5}
   (You took it off a deep elf high priest on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

Int:       It affects your intelligence (+5).
   rC:        It protects you from cold.
   Will:      It increases your willpower.

If you remove this armour, your AC would decrease by 29 (53 -> 24).
 I - a +2 helmet (worn)
 K - a +0 pair of gloves (worn)
Jewellery
 k - the amulet "Boibesomn" (around neck) {Reflect Regen+ MP+9 SH+5}
   (You took it off a deep elf demonologist on level 2 of the Vaults)   

[amulet of reflection]

It reflects blocked missile attacks.
   MP:        It affects your magic capacity (+9).
   Regen:     It increases your rate of health regeneration.
   SH:        It affects your SH (+5).
 q - the ring "Hohe" (left hand) {rF+ rC+ EV+5 Stlth-}
   (You took it off a deep elf high priest on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of evasion]

EV:        It affects your evasion (+5).
   rF:        It protects you from fire.
   rC:        It protects you from cold.
   Stlth:     It makes you less stealthy.
 y - a +5 ring of evasion (right hand)
 R - the amulet "Nikkem" {Spirit rElec}
   (You found it in the Desolation of Salt)   

[amulet of guardian spirit]

It causes incoming damage to be divided between your reserves of health and
   magic.
   rElec:     It insulates you from electricity.
Wands
 h - a wand of mindburst (21)
 r - a wand of flame (82)
 w - a wand of iceblast (19)
 O - a wand of digging (1)
 T - a wand of light (11)
Scrolls
 d - a scroll of silence
 g - 3 scrolls of blinking
 i - 3 scrolls of fear
 t - 19 scrolls of teleportation
 x - 5 scrolls of summoning
 B - 3 scrolls of magic mapping
 G - 7 scrolls of vulnerability
 L - 3 scrolls of poison
 M - 3 scrolls of immolation
 Q - 5 scrolls of fog
 Y - a scroll of enchant armour
Potions
 e - 18 potions of curing
 f - 8 potions of mutation
 l - 4 potions of magic
 p - 2 potions of berserk rage
 u - 4 potions of cancellation
 v - 2 potions of heal wounds
 A - 4 potions of resistance
 C - 2 potions of might
 H - 5 potions of ambrosia
 P - 6 potions of attraction
 W - 2 potions of haste
Miscellaneous
 s - a condenser vane
 F - a box of beasts
 N - a phial of floods
 V - a phantom mirror
 Z - a lightning rod (4/4)

Skills:
 - Level 15.5 Fighting
 - Level 16.0 Maces & Flails
 - Level 12.0 Throwing
 - Level 20.9 Armour
 - Level 11.7 Dodging
 - Level 12.3 Shields
 + Level 4.0 Spellcasting
 + Level 9.4 Hexes
 + Level 4.9 Translocations
 + Level 6.4 Air Magic
 - Level 16.2 Invocations
 - Level 10.0 Evocations

You have 17 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power      Damage    Failure   Level
a - Apportation           Tloc           38%        N/A       24%         1
i - Inner Flame           Hex/Fire       18%        N/A       63%         3
q - Silence               Hex/Air        14%        N/A       89%         5
s - Swiftness             Air            23%        N/A       36%         3

Your spell library contains the following spells:

Spells                   Type           Power      Damage    Failure   Level
 Lesser Beckoning         Tloc           38%        N/A       36%         2
 Cause Fear               Hex            16%        N/A       36%         4
 Ensorcelled Hibernation  Hex/Ice        36%        N/A       38%         2
 Shock                    Conj/Air       52%        1d6       45%         1
 Vhi's Electric Charge    Tloc/Air       42%        N/A       47%         3
 Gell's Gravitas          Tloc           19%        N/A       58%         3
 Teleport Other           Tloc           19%        N/A       58%         3
 Dazzling Flash           Conj/Hex       36%        N/A       63%         3
 Cigotuvi's Dreadful Rot  Necr/Pois/Air  20%        N/A       75%         2
 Airstrike                Air            11%        2d(2-18)  78%         4
 Beastly Appendage        Tmut           6%         N/A       88%         1
 Foxfire                  Conj/Fire      12%        2x1d4     88%         1
 Sandblast                Erth           6%         2d5       88%         1
 Volatile Blastmotes      Fire/Tloc      22%        2d11      90%         3
 Passage of Golubria      Tloc           19%        N/A       94%         4
 Passwall                 Tmut/Erth      2%         N/A       95%         2
 Scorch                   Fire           6%         2d5       95%         2
 Wereblood                Tmut           3%         N/A       95%         2
 Anguish                  Hex/Necr       9%         N/A       95%         4
 Frozen Ramparts          Ice            6%         1d1       99%         3
 Ignite Poison            Fire/Tmut/Pois 3%         N/A       99%         3
 Ozocubu's Armour         Ice            3%         N/A       99%         3
 Spider Form              Tmut/Pois      3%         N/A       99%         3
 Stone Arrow              Conj/Erth      6%         3d7       99%         3
 Ice Form                 Ice/Tmut       3%         N/A       100%        4
 Iskenderun's Mystic Bla  Conj/Tloc      11%        2d4       100%        4
 Petrify                  Tmut/Erth      3%         N/A       100%        4
 Sticky Flame             Conj/Fire      3%         2d3       100%        4
 Summon Ice Beast         Ice/Summ       3%         N/A       100%        4
 Alistair's Intoxication  Tmut/Pois      2%         N/A       100%        5
 Arcjolt                  Conj/Air       6%         1d16      100%        5
 Borgnjor's Vile Clutch   Necr/Erth      1%         N/A       100%        5
 Fireball                 Conj/Fire      1%         3d3       100%        5
 Freezing Cloud           Conj/Ice/Air   5%         6-21      100%        5
 Iskenderun's Battlesphe  Conj           3%         2d6       100%        5
 Yara's Violent Unravell  Hex/Tmut       9%         3d6       100%        5
 Conjure Ball Lightning   Conj/Air       6%         3x3d6     100%        6
 Eringya's Noxious Bog    Tmut/Pois      1%         N/A       100%        6
 Iron Shot                Conj/Erth      1%         9d1       100%        6
 Plasma Beam              Fire/Air       6%         2x1d18    100%        6
 Starburst                Conj/Fire      1%         6d3       100%        6
 Statue Form              Tmut/Erth      2%         N/A       100%        6
 Enfeeble                 Hex            16%        N/A       100%        7
 Ozocubu's Refrigeration  Ice            1%         4d7       100%        7
 Spellforged Servitor     Conj/Summ      1%         N/A       100%        7
 Discord                  Hex            16%        N/A       100%        8
 Disjunction              Tloc           9%         N/A       100%        8
 Ignition                 Fire           1%         3d3       100%        8
 Lehudib's Crystal Spear  Conj/Erth      1%         10d2      100%        8
 Maxwell's Capacitive Co  Air            11%        ∞         100%        8

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (0/1) D:6            Lair (5/5) D:11       
  Swamp (4/4) Lair:3        Snake (4/4) Lair:3        Slime (0/5) Lair:4     
    Orc (2/2) D:12            Elf (3/3) Orc:2        Vaults (2/5) D:13       
  Crypt (1/3) Vaults:2     Depths (0/4) D:15           Hell (visited)         
    Geh (0/7) Hell        Ossuary (visited)          Bailey (visited)         
  IceCv (visited)         Desolation (visited)     
   Dis: Hell:1         Coc: Hell:1         Tar: Hell:1     

Altars:
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Gozag
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Qazlal
Sif Muna
Uskayaw
Vehumet
Wu Jian
The Shining One
Jiyva

Shops:
Orc:1 (   Orc:2 [!::   Snake:2 (   Snake:3 !   Vaults:1 [?

Portals:
Hell: Lair:5
Trove: Vaults:2 (give 7 scrolls of fear)

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are completely covered in rugged brown scales. (AC +3, +7% HP)
Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body.
You have a long armoured tail.
You roll when moving toward enemies. (Rampage)
Your long tongue fully drains potion bottles. (2x potion effects)
Your tongue gives you trouble enunciating. (1.5x scroll delay)

Message History

The boggart simulacrum completely misses you.
You block the deep elf high priest simulacrum's attack.
Your Spellcasting skill increases to level 4!
You bludgeon the boggart simulacrum!!
The boggart simulacrum vaporises!
You block the deep elf high priest simulacrum's attack.
You block the wizard simulacrum's attack.
You impale the deep elf high priest simulacrum!!
The deep elf high priest simulacrum convulses!!
The deep elf high priest simulacrum vaporises!
You bludgeon the wizard simulacrum!! The wizard simulacrum convulses!!
The wizard simulacrum vaporises!
No target in view!
Things that are here:
a +1 dagger of draining; an elf corpse
z - a +4 ring of slaying
You now have 6025 gold pieces (gained 122).
You see here a +0 scimitar.
You drop a +4 ring of slaying. x2
The sphinx shouts!
You block the sphinx's attack. x3
You impale the sphinx!!
The sphinx is moderately wounded.
The sphinx misses you. You block the sphinx's attack. x2
You sock the sphinx!
You tail-slap the sphinx, but do no damage.
The sphinx is heavily wounded.
The sphinx hits you but does no damage. x2; You block the sphinx's attack.
You flatten the sphinx like a pancake!!!
You kill the sphinx!
No target in view!
No target in view!
Found a transporter.
Partly explored, unvisited transporter.
There is a transporter here.
You enter the transporter and appear at another place.
Saving game... please wait.
Welcome back, Moanerette the Armataur Fighter.
The Shining One says: Lead the forces of light to victory!
Press ? for a list of commands and other information.

...#####'##.#......#.#........#..
............#......#.#........#..
............#......#.#........#..
............#......#.##########..
............#......#.............
............#......#.............
............####'###.............
......#########...#########......
......#.........@.........#.....#
......#.#################.#.....#
......#.#8..8..♣⌠♣..8..©#.#....##
......#.#...............#.#....#.
......#.#..#.##...##.#..#.#...##.
......#.#.##..#8.8#..##.#.#...'..
......#.#.....#...#.....#.#..##..
#####.#.##.)).#8)8#....##.#..#...
....#.#.#...#.#=..#.#...#.#..#...

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  the Lernaean hydra (Swamp:4)
  Nikola (Snake:1)
  A bone dragon (Vaults:2)
  Rupert (Lair:4)
  A lich (Vaults:1)
  A deep elf master archer (Elf:3)
  2 deep elf blademasters (Elf:3)
  Murray (Hell)
  3 sphinxes
  Agnes (Snake:1)
  An ancient champion (Hell)
  4 tentacled starspawn (Abyss:2)
  The ghost of bookman the Warrior, a journeyman OgDe of Ru (Lair:5)
  Frances (Swamp:1)
  The ghost of Razfen the Cruncher, an adept GnWn of Ashenzari (Snake:4)
  A shadow dragon (Hell)
  2 thorn hunters (Swamp:4)
  7 nagarajas
  A fenstrider witch (shapeshifter) (Elf:1)
  A fenstrider witch (Swamp:4)
  A frost giant (Vaults:1)
  3 deep elf sorcerers
  Aizul (Snake:1)
  8 vault wardens
  An iron dragon (Elf:1)
  Louise (Swamp:3)
  3 orc warlords
  An imperial myrmidon (Desolation)
  5 deep elf elementalists
  A war gargoyle (Hell)
  3 very ugly things
  5 ironbound preservers
  4 reapers (Hell)
  2 eleionomae
  6 deep elf demonologists
  A stone giant (Vaults:1)
  7 deep elf annihilators
  A vampire knight (Hell)
  5 ironbound thunderhulks
  A caustic shrike skeleton (Hell)
  2 dire elephants
  A halazid warlock (Desolation)
  4 bunyips
  Azrael (Snake:1)
  2 crystal guardians
  A green death (Hell)
  8 deep elf death magi
  An entropy weaver (shapeshifter) (D:14)
  4 yaktaur captains
  Josephine (D:10)
  5 deep elf high priests
  A fire dragon (Elf:1)
  Fannar (Lair:3)
  An entropy weaver (Vaults:1)
  7 ragged hierophants (Desolation)
  The ghost of FishCar7 the Cleaver, a journeyman MiFi of Uskayaw (D:9)
  10 servants of whispers (Desolation)
  4 great orbs of eyes
  A great orb of eyes (shapeshifter) (D:13)
  3 ogre magi
  15 peacekeepers
  5 ironbound frosthearts
  A rakshasa (Vaults:2)
  19 hydras
  16 anacondas
  10 vault guards
  A catoblepas (Lair:4)
  Erica (Lair:1)
  5 boulder beetles
  8 centaur warriors
  8 alligators
  25 dancing weapons
  The ghost of verid the Cleaver, a novice DrBe of Trog (D:9)
  The ghost of Titivilis the Basher, a novice MiFi of Okawaru (D:9)
  4 two-headed ogres
  A tengu warrior (D:15)
  4 hell hogs (Hell)
  6 death yaks (IceCv)
  The ghost of Haxasaurus the Nimble, a novice DjFE of Ashenzari (D:9)
  3 orc high priests
  13 naga sharpshooters
  14 naga warriors
  4 hell knights (Hell)
  2 soul eaters (Hell)
  4 thrashing horrors
  9 shock serpents
  27 deep elf knights
  3 sun demons
  Sonja (D:10)
  2 skysharks (Lair:5)
  2 fire crabs
  2 wretched stars (Abyss:2)
  Nergalle (D:10)
  5 salamander mystics
  13 swamp dragons
  9 skeletal warriors
  A spriggan druid (Swamp:4)
  16 deep trolls
  2 goliath frogs
  A goliath frog (shapeshifter) (Abyss:4)
  6 sea snakes (Snake:1)
  A naga ritualist (Snake:4)
  9 ironbound convokers
  13 orc knights
  Pikel (D:5)
  6 bog bodies
  5 lindwurms
  14 deep elf archers
  9 wizards
  3 necromancers
  22 deep elf zephyrmancers
  23 ugly things
  3 phantasmal warriors
  4 mana vipers
  30 deep elf pyromancers
  5 orc sorcerers
  A mana viper (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  9 cyclopes
  4 will-o-the-wisps
  10 salamanders
  An elephant (shapeshifter) (Elf:1)
  An apocalypse crab (Abyss:2)
  A rust devil (Hell)
  16 naga magi
  12 elephants
  An ice statue (IceCv)
  8 guardian serpents
  A torpor snail (Lair:1)
  Joseph (D:10)
  30 black mambas
  2 molten gargoyles (Desolation)
  6 vault sentinels
  A dire elephant zombie (Hell)
  18 cane toads
  Maurice (D:8)
  3 naga skeletons
  2 smoke demons
  3 centaur skeletons
  Maggie (D:6)
  5 large abominations
  5 unseen horrors (Abyss:4)
  A freezing wraith (Abyss:2)
  4 kobold demonologists
  6 rime drakes
  A tengu conjurer (D:13)
  7 yaktaurs
  An efreet (D:13)
  8 komodo dragons
  5 ice devils
  2 bloated husks
  12 polar bears
  6 trolls
  6 hornets
  16 blink frogs
  10 tyrant leeches
  Grinder (D:3)
  2 raiju (Abyss:2)
  70 saltlings
  A dream sheep (Lair:5)
  An ettin zombie (Hell)
  21 slime creatures
  3 air elementals
  7 spriggans
  A culicivora (Vaults:1)
  Sigmund (D:6)
  2 wyverns
  8 starcursed masses (Abyss:4)
  4 wraiths
  A centaur simulacrum (D:15)
  3 shadows
  A water elemental (Elf:1)
  4 fire elementals
  2 basilisks
  57 yaks
  2 redbacks (Vaults:1)
  11 vampire mosquitoes
  Edmund (D:6)
  13 wargs
  38 nagas
  17 swamp worms
  5 hell hounds
  An acid dragon (D:14)
  17 water moccasins
  31 orc warriors
  2 sky beasts
  12 swamp drakes
  5 ice beasts
  2 black bears
  71 wolves
  10 centaurs
  5 boggarts
  8 ogres
  A phantom (D:5)
  3 lemures (D:5)
  10 bullfrogs
  8 kobold brigands
  4 earth elementals
  A two-headed ogre simulacrum (D:13)
  3 wights (D:8)
  4 small abominations
  4 killer bees (D:9)
  5 howler monkeys
  9 electric eels
  A crimson imp (D:6)
  19 orc priests
  A jelly (D:6)
  5 hounds
  A gnoll bouda (D:8)
  5 iguanas
  An iron imp (Abyss:2)
  A boggart zombie (D:15)
  26 orc wizards
  A sleepcap (D:6)
  4 hell rats (Hell)
  A spriggan simulacrum (D:13)
  5 troll simulacra (D:13)
  A boggart simulacrum (D:15)
  2 mummies (Ossuary)
  5 adders
  13 gnolls
  2 naga simulacra
  2 shadow imps (D:9)
  3 white imps
  An ufetubus (D:6)
  4 adder zombies (Ossuary)
  3 worms (D:4)
  A dart slug (D:3)
  90 orcs
  4 bats
  3 endoplasms
  2 giant cockroaches
  12 goblins
  9 hobgoblins
  5 quokkas
  13 ball pythons
  4 frilled lizards
  3 gnoll zombies (Ossuary)
  4 hobgoblin zombies (Ossuary)
  43 kobolds
  6 kobold skeletons (D:9)
  16 kobold zombies
  8 orc zombies (Ossuary)
  3 rats
  A creeping inferno (Hell)
  3 fire vortices (Hell)
  A starspawn tentacle (Abyss:2)
1631 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Vashnia (Snake:2)
  Geryon (Hell)
  A deep elf master archer (Elf:3)
  An ancient champion (Hell)
  A tentacled starspawn (Abyss:2)
  A thorn hunter (Swamp:4)
  Roxanne (Swamp:2)
  3 iron dragons
  An ironbound preserver (Vaults:1)
  A very ugly thing (Abyss:4)
  A vampire knight (Hell)
  A halazid warlock (Desolation)
  A deep elf demonologist (Elf:1)
  A caustic shrike skeleton (Abyss:2)
  A bunyip (Swamp:3)
  A green death (Hell)
  2 blizzard demons (Hell)
  An ettin (Orc:1)
  A crystal guardian (Abyss:4)
  A great orb of eyes (shapeshifter) (Abyss:4)
  4 vault guards (D:13)
  An ice dragon (Elf:1)
  A salamander tyrant (Snake:4)
  A servant of whispers (Desolation)
  A jorogumo (shapeshifter) (Abyss:4)
  2 anacondas (Snake:4)
  5 thrashing horrors
  A dancing weapon (Elf:1)
  A shock serpent (Snake:4)
  A hell hog (Hell)
  3 naga sharpshooters (Snake:2)
  2 sun demons
  A soul eater (Hell)
  A titan skeleton (Hell)
  A shadow demon (Abyss:4)
  A deep troll (Vaults:1)
  2 swamp dragons
  A deep elf archer (Elf:1)
  An orange crystal statue (Elf:1)
  An ironbound convoker (Vaults:1)
  A necromancer (Hell)
  A manticore (shapeshifter) (Abyss:4)
  A will-o-the-wisp (Swamp:3)
  4 large abominations
  A black mamba (Snake:4)
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (Abyss:4)
  A guardian serpent (Desolation)
  A naga mage (Snake:4)
  6 rust devils (Hell)
  3 smoke demons
  An orange demon (Lair:5)
  3 unseen horrors (Abyss:4)
  3 ice devils (Lair:5)
  A troll (Orc:1)
  2 tyrant leeches
  3 hornets (Swamp:3)
  A hellwing (Abyss:2)
  A stone giant simulacrum (Hell)
  3 spriggans (Swamp:3)
  A fire elemental (Elf:1)
  A warg (Orc:1)
  A naga (Snake:4)
  4 orc warriors (Orc:1)
  A hell hound (Lair:5)
  An ogre (Orc:1)
  2 starcursed masses (Abyss:4)
  A small abomination (Abyss:4)
  3 hell rats (Hell)
  A white imp (Abyss:2)
  4 orcs (Orc:1)
  A fire vortex (Hell)
114 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  An ironbound preserver (Vaults:2)
  A war gargoyle (Hell)
  A naga warrior (Snake:4)
  A hell knight (Hell)
  A spriggan druid (Swamp:4)
  A goliath frog (Swamp:1)
  An ironbound convoker (Desolation)
  A deep elf zephyrmancer (Elf:2)
  A komodo dragon (Lair:5)
  A tengu conjurer (D:13)
  3 bloated husks
  A hornet (Swamp:1)
  2 vampire mosquitoes (Swamp:1)
  A swamp drake (Swamp:4)
  An ogre (Orc:2)
  A boggart (Vaults:1)
  18 foxfires
  2 lurking horrors (Abyss:4)
  13 starspawn tentacles (Abyss:2)
52 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 1797 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
-------+----------+-------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Moanerette the Armataur Fighter began the quest for the
                  | Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 1/1
   247 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 26/26 MP: 2/2
   824 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 32/32 MP: 3/3
  1093 | D:2      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  1443 | D:3      | Found a faded altar of an unknown god.
  1747 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 39/39 MP: 4/4
  1767 | D:3      | Noticed Grinder
  1772 | D:3      | Paralysed by Grinder for 3 turns
  1779 | D:3      | Paralysed by Grinder for 2 turns
  1786 | D:3      | Killed Grinder
  1787 | D:3      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  1787 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 28/44 MP: 5/5
  1995 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 53/53 MP: 6/6
  2202 | D:3      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  2202 | D:3      | Found an opulent altar of Gozag.
  3104 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3125 | D:5      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 56/59 MP: 7/7
  3183 | D:5      | Noticed Pikel
  3887 | D:5      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  3897 | D:5      | Became a worshipper of the Shining One
  3959 | D:5      | Killed Pikel
  3960 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 42/66 MP: 8/8
  4245 | D:5      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  4337 | D:5      | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
  4650 | D:6      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  4651 | D:6      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  4686 | D:6      | Found a hide-covered altar of Uskayaw.
  4692 | D:6      | Noticed Sigmund
  4703 | D:6      | Killed Sigmund
  4835 | D:6      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 72/72 MP: 9/9
  5018 | D:6      | Found a sand-covered staircase.
  5028 | Ossuary  | Entered an ossuary
  5107 | Ossuary  | Reached * piety under the Shining One
  5158 | Ossuary  | Reached ** piety under the Shining One
  5263 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5273 | D:6      | Noticed Maggie
  5287 | D:6      | Noticed Edmund
  5301 | D:6      | Killed Maggie
  5305 | D:6      | Killed Edmund
  5993 | D:7      | Found a stormy altar of Qazlal.
  6377 | D:8      | Noticed Maurice
  6399 | D:8      | Killed Maurice
  6400 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  6481 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 76/79 MP: 13/13
  6528 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
  6689 | D:8      | Paralysed by a hornet for 3 turns
  7341 | D:9      | Found a runed translucent gate.
  7348 | D:9      | Noticed verid's ghost (novice DrBe)
  7350 | D:9      | Noticed Titivilis's ghost (novice MiFi)
  7350 | D:9      | Noticed FishCar7's ghost (journeyman MiFi)
  7350 | D:9      | Reached *** piety under the Shining One
  7350 | D:9      | Noticed Haxasaurus's ghost (novice DjFE)
  7419 | D:9      | Reached skill level 1 in Dodging
  7453 | D:9      | Noticed a two-headed ogre
  7461 | D:9      | Noticed a two-headed ogre
  7469 | D:9      | Killed a two-headed ogre
  7478 | D:9      | Killed a two-headed ogre
  7948 | D:9      | Reached **** piety under the Shining One
  7997 | D:9      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  8179 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  8265 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 80/86 MP: 17/17
  8336 | D:10     | Found a flagged portal.
  8406 | Bailey   | Entered a bailey
  8429 | Bailey   | Noticed an orc warlord
  8576 | Bailey   | Found a runed translucent gate.
  8577 | Bailey   | Found a runed translucent gate.
  8578 | Bailey   | Found a runed translucent gate.
  8660 | Bailey   | Killed an orc warlord
  8661 | Bailey   | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  8675 | Bailey   | Identified the +0 plate armour of Layliod {rCorr}
  8680 | Bailey   | Reached skill level 10 in Throwing
  8680 | Bailey   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 94/94 MP: 18/18
  8680 | Bailey   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 99/99 MP: 19/19
  8840 | D:10     | Noticed Sonja
  8871 | D:10     | Killed Sonja
  8901 | D:10     | Noticed Josephine
  8908 | D:10     | Killed Josephine
  8934 | D:10     | Noticed Joseph
  8956 | D:10     | Killed Joseph
  9262 | D:10     | Noticed Nergalle
  9267 | D:10     | Killed Nergalle
  9630 | D:11     | Reached ***** piety under the Shining One
  9712 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 10378 | D:12     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 10575 | D:12     | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 10593 | D:12     | Identified the +9 scimitar "Ugioxan" {flame, rElec}
 10826 | D:12     | Identified the orb of Horidiz {guile, rPois Regen+}
 10869 | D:12     | Identified the +7 plate armour of the Mangosteen {rPois
                  | Will+}
 10978 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 10984 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 4 in Armour
 10984 | Orc:1    | Noticed an ettin
 10995 | Orc:1    | Killed an ettin
 10996 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
 11014 | Orc:1    | Found Hokuh's Weapon Emporium.
 11085 | Orc:1    | Reached XP level 14. HP: 107/115 MP: 20/20
 11091 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 6 in Armour
 11401 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 11518 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 7 in Armour
 11558 | Orc:2    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 11733 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 8 in Armour
 11734 | Orc:2    | Found Dois's Book Boutique.
 11887 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 9 in Armour
 11920 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 11921 | Orc:2    | Found Kithreupp's Armour Shoppe.
 11931 | Orc:2    | Found Duumap's Distillery.
 11937 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 70 gold pieces
 11937 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of lignification for 42 gold pieces
 11937 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 70 gold pieces
 11937 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of curing for 42 gold pieces
 11937 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of curing for 42 gold pieces
 12128 | Orc:2    | Found Qeomnao's Book Shoppe.
 12656 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 11 in Armour
 12767 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 13059 | Lair:1   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 13060 | Lair:1   | Acquired a manual of Armour
 13144 | Lair:1   | Noticed Erica
 13156 | Lair:1   | Killed Erica
 13157 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 12 in Armour
 13401 | Lair:1   | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
 13770 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 13 in Armour
 13961 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 14 in Armour
 14172 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
 14700 | Lair:3   | Reached ****** piety under the Shining One
 14713 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 16 in Armour
 14872 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 14976 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 17 in Armour
 15379 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 18 in Armour
 15381 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 15569 | Lair:3   | Noticed Fannar
 15599 | Lair:3   | Killed Fannar
 15696 | Lair:3   | Reached XP level 15. HP: 101/123 MP: 21/21
 16267 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 16354 | Lair:4   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 16355 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 16543 | Lair:4   | Noticed Rupert
 16559 | Lair:4   | Killed Rupert
 16832 | Lair:5   | Entered Level 5 of the Lair of Beasts
 16847 | Lair:5   | Noticed bookman's ghost (journeyman OgDe)
 16850 | Lair:5   | Found a transporter.
 16933 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 17255 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 17613 | Lair:5   | Found a transporter.
 18243 | Lair:5   | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 18293 | Lair:5   | Found a gateway to Hell.
 18300 | Lair:5   | Identified the +6 scale mail of Xaxes {Str+3 Int-2}
 18611 | D:13     | Found a frozen archway.
 18639 | IceCv    | Entered an ice cave
 19550 | D:13     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 19580 | D:13     | Reached XP level 16. HP: 129/130 MP: 18/25
 21176 | D:14     | You fall into a shaft and drop 1 floor!
 21176 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 22150 | D:15     | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 22522 | D:15     | Found a runed translucent door.
 22697 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 22697 | Abyss:2  | Cast into level 2 of the Abyss (a wizard)
 22703 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 22739 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 22744 | Abyss:2  | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 22763 | Abyss:2  | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 22768 | Abyss:2  | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 22780 | Abyss:2  | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 22856 | Abyss:2  | Paralysed by you for 2 turns
 22928 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 22988 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 23041 | D:15     | Escaped the Abyss
 23113 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 23249 | D:15     | Found an ornate altar of the Wu Jian Council.
 23568 | D:15     | Noticed a sphinx
 23754 | D:15     | Killed a sphinx
 24117 | D:9      | Killed Titivilis's ghost
 24132 | D:9      | Killed Haxasaurus's ghost
 24141 | D:9      | Killed verid's ghost
 24162 | D:9      | Killed FishCar7's ghost
 24303 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 24331 | Snake:1  | Noticed Aizul
 24384 | Snake:1  | Killed Aizul
 24494 | Snake:1  | Noticed Agnes
 24496 | Abyss:2  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 24496 | Abyss:2  | Cast into level 2 of the Abyss (Agnes)
 24516 | Abyss:2  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 119/158 MP: 26/26
 24841 | Abyss:4  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 24860 | Abyss:4  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 24862 | Abyss:4  | Got an abyssal rune of Zot
 24862 | Abyss:4  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 24900 | Snake:1  | Escaped the Abyss
 24914 | Snake:1  | Killed Agnes
 25029 | Snake:1  | Noticed Azrael
 25088 | Snake:1  | Noticed Nikola
 25101 | Snake:1  | Killed Nikola
 25467 | Snake:1  | Killed Azrael
 25948 | Snake:1  | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 26400 | Snake:2  | Noticed Vashnia
 26429 | Snake:2  | Killed Vashnia
 27274 | Snake:2  | Found Vobad's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 27874 | Snake:2  | Reached XP level 18. HP: 119/166 MP: 27/27
 28226 | Snake:3  | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
 29233 | Snake:3  | Found Hittept's Distillery.
 29237 | Snake:3  | Bought a potion of curing for 48 gold pieces
 29237 | Snake:3  | Bought a potion of magic for 128 gold pieces
 29237 | Snake:3  | Bought a potion of haste for 160 gold pieces
 29237 | Snake:3  | Bought a potion of magic for 128 gold pieces
 29237 | Snake:3  | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 80 gold pieces
 29713 | Snake:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Snake Pit
 29713 | Snake:4  | Found a runed translucent gate.
 29713 | Snake:4  | Found a runed translucent gate.
 29720 | Snake:4  | Noticed Razfen's ghost (adept GnWn)
 29730 | Snake:4  | Found a runed translucent gate.
 29865 | Snake:4  | Killed Razfen's ghost
 31022 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 15 in Invocations
 32167 | Snake:4  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 32426 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 32452 | Elf:1    | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 32541 | Elf:1    | Paralysed by an air elemental for 1 turns
 33486 | Elf:1    | Paralysed by an air elemental for 1 turns
 33823 | Elf:1    | Reached XP level 19. HP: 115/174 MP: 31/31
 34415 | Elf:1    | Found a runed translucent gate.
 34417 | Elf:1    | Found a runed translucent gate.
 35246 | Swamp:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Swamp
 35251 | Swamp:1  | Noticed Frances
 35269 | Swamp:1  | Killed Frances
 35318 | Swamp:1  | Identified the +2 quarterstaff "Maguept" {vamp, Fly rC+}
 35594 | Swamp:1  | Identified the +3 short sword of Maatiud {freeze, *Slow
                  | +Blink Int+2}
 35992 | Swamp:2  | Identified Roxanne's Compilation of the Caves
 35992 | Swamp:2  | Noticed Roxanne
 36015 | Swamp:2  | Killed Roxanne
 36517 | Swamp:3  | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 36935 | Swamp:3  | Noticed Louise
 36959 | Swamp:3  | Killed Louise
 37251 | Swamp:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Swamp
 37302 | Swamp:4  | Identified the +3 rapier "Reemna" {drain, Int+3 Stlth+}
 38447 | Swamp:4  | Noticed the 27-headed Lernaean hydra
 38478 | Swamp:4  | Killed the 26-headed Lernaean hydra
 38561 | Swamp:4  | Got a decaying rune of Zot
 38894 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of ambrosia for 112 gold pieces
 39205 | Elf:2    | Reached XP level 20. HP: 96/189 MP: 32/32
 39984 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
 40180 | Elf:2    | Found a runed translucent gate.
 40181 | Elf:2    | Found a runed translucent gate.
 40181 | Elf:2    | Found a runed translucent gate.
 41020 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 41145 | Elf:3    | Acquired 1165 gold pieces
 42052 | Elf:3    | Identified the +14 plate armour "Lumurhai" {rC+ Will+
                  | Int+5}
 42052 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring "Hohe" {rF+ rC+ EV+5 Stlth-}
 42312 | Abyss:4  | Cast into level 4 of the Abyss (a deep elf demonologist)
 42344 | Elf:3    | Escaped the Abyss
 42557 | Elf:3    | Identified the +1 robe "Abbu" {Regen+ Stlth+}
 42898 | Elf:3    | Identified the staff of air "Sutity" {rElec Will+ Stlth+}
 42913 | Elf:3    | Identified the staff of cold "Yllich" {*Corrode rElec rC+
                  | Int+4 Dex+3}
 42921 | Elf:3    | Got the Incunabulum of Anemomancy and Incandescence
 43298 | D:14     | Learned a level 3 spell: Inner Flame
 43364 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 43399 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 43412 | Vaults:1 | Found Fosubar's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 43424 | Vaults:1 | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon for 150 gold pieces
 43481 | Vaults:1 | Found Etish's Armour Boutique.
 43487 | Vaults:1 | Identified a +9 eveningstar of holy wrath (a +9 eveningstar
                  | of flaming blessed by the Shining One)
 43487 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from the Shining One
 43579 | Vaults:1 | Found a crumbling gateway.
 43592 | Desolati | Entered the Desolation of Salt
 43716 | Desolati | Reached skill level 19 in Armour
 44169 | Desolati | Got the Octavo of Kindling
 44181 | Desolati | Identified the +1 pair of boots "Affont" {rC+}
 44219 | Desolati | Reached XP level 21. HP: 177/197 MP: 33/33
 44347 | Desolati | Reached skill level 20 in Armour
 44905 | Desolati | Identified the +2 spear "Hamam" {heavy, Int+2}
 44905 | Desolati | Identified the ring "Hiat" {Int+6 Dex+2}
 45025 | Desolati | Identified the amulet "Ixeupte" {RegenMP Str+5}
 45027 | Desolati | Identified the ring "Kunaeq" {rN+ Will+ Int+6}
 45155 | Desolati | Got the Enchiridion on Warped Terra Firma
 45161 | Desolati | Identified the amulet "Nikkem" {Spirit rElec}
 45163 | Desolati | Identified the +1 ring mail of Lugonu's Esteem {Rampage
                  | Int+2}
 45253 | Vaults:1 | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 45257 | Vaults:1 | Learned a level 3 spell: Swiftness
 45263 | Vaults:1 | Learned a level 5 spell: Silence
 45678 | Lair:5   | Killed bookman's ghost
 45683 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 1 in Hexes
 45757 | Hell     | Entered the Vestibule of Hell
 45757 | Hell     | Noticed Geryon
 45766 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the ashen valley of Gehenna.
 45768 | Hell     | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
 45775 | Hell     | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 45810 | Hell     | Killed Geryon
 45877 | Hell     | Noticed Murray
 45890 | Hell     | Killed Murray
 45897 | Hell     | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
 46730 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 46779 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting
 47013 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 5 in Air Magic
 47346 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 164/206 MP: 27/34
 47874 | Vaults:2 | Identified the amulet "Boibesomn" {Reflect Regen+ MP+9
                  | SH+5}
 48404 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 48449 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
 48861 | Vaults:2 | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 49005 | Vaults:2 | Found a shimmering blue altar of Sif Muna.
 49009 | Vaults:2 | Found a transporter.
 49413 | Vaults:2 | Identified the +0 pair of boots "Piwir" {Drain Int+3 Dex+4}
 49494 | Vaults:2 | Found a transporter.

Illustrated notes

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 |
---------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Maces & Flails |  2  3     5     7  9 11 12                            14 16       | 16.0
Invocations    |                          4  8  9          12       16             | 16.2
Shields        |                          5  6              9                12    | 12.3
Dodging        |                             4  5     6          11                | 11.7
Throwing       |                               10    12                            | 12.0
Fighting       |                                      5       12    13 15          | 15.5
Armour         |                                      5 18                19 20    | 20.9
Evocations     |                                            6             10       | 10.0
Hexes          |                                                              7  9 |  9.4
Air Magic      |                                                              5  6 |  6.4
Translocations |                                                              2  4 |  4.9
Spellcasting   |                                                              1  4 |  4.0

Action                     |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
---------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
  Melee: Flail             |   115 |   134 |    80 |       |       |       |       |       ||   329
         Tailslap          |    13 |    13 |    38 |    43 |   388 |   514 |   408 |    72 ||  1489
         Whip              |       |       |   192 |   262 |  1738 |  2284 |   318 |       ||  4794
         Eveningstar       |       |       |       |       |       |       |  1355 |   299 ||  1654
  Throw: Dart              |     8 |     1 |    14 |     6 |    28 |       |    24 |       ||    81
         Boomerang         |       |       |    25 |    39 |   180 |   207 |   173 |       ||   624
         Javelin           |       |       |       |       |       |       |     9 |       ||     9
 Invoke: Divine Shield     |       |       |     1 |     1 |     2 |     7 |     5 |     1 ||    17
         Summon Divine War |       |       |       |       |     3 |     7 |    10 |       ||    20
         Cleansing Flame   |       |       |       |       |     2 |    18 |    27 |     1 ||    48
         Brand Weapon With |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
  Evoke: Wand              |       |     2 |    14 |     7 |    13 |    15 |    21 |       ||    72
         Lightning rod     |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       ||     2
         Phantom mirror    |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
         Condenser vane    |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
    Use: Potion            |       |     2 |     1 |     3 |     3 |    15 |    12 |       ||    36
         Scroll            |       |     4 |    10 |     2 |    12 |     6 |    23 |     1 ||    58
   Stab: Paralysed         |       |     2 |     4 |       |       |       |       |       ||     6
 Armour: Scale mail        |    64 |    67 |    58 |       |       |       |       |       ||   189
         Acid dragon scale |       |       |    12 |    28 |       |       |       |       ||    40
         Troll leather arm |       |       |       |    36 |    64 |       |       |       ||   100
         Plate armour      |       |       |       |       |   628 |   857 |   872 |   107 ||  2464
         Ring mail         |       |       |       |       |     4 |       |       |       ||     4
  Dodge: Dodged            |    36 |    32 |    60 |    38 |   339 |   366 |   690 |    99 ||  1660
  Block: Buckler           |    23 |    20 |    35 |    19 |   221 |   591 |   414 |       ||  1323
         Kite shield       |       |       |       |       |   118 |       |       |       ||   118
         Tower shield      |       |       |       |       |       |       |   429 |   258 ||   687

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 13th May 2023, 14:25

Haha, I am so bad at extended. Perished in Tomb 1, trapped by hordes of royal mummies, unable to drink potions, finding that the resistance provided by rN**** and silence isn't that great after all but it means I can't read scrolls, with TSO heal-on-kills seemingly having completely deserted me. I didn't even get to Hells or Pan!

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 14th May 2023, 03:54

Congrats Strat on winning! I'm not expecting great things from my TrEE^Chei; I've never won with Chei (as I recall), and I'm bad at trolls. Re the new scoring system --- my main issue with it is that, unless you can get a combo high score, the value of a win doesn't seem to depend on whether it's an easy or hard combo.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 15th May 2023, 19:19

Congrats on a second win, Strat! Looks like you might still be halfway decent at VS. :D (I know the more recent one wasn't a VS but just wanted to call out the first one since I'd missed it)

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 16th May 2023, 03:32

Congrats sanka! 4 for the clan now.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 17th May 2023, 14:19

Congrats to sanka on both wins -- I'm a little behind on that. I've been a little luckier, though I had one GrGl with 10 runes get surrounded by SIX orbs of fire and 2 liches rounding the corner of the lung in Zot:5! I suspect that I had shoutitis at that point, so my fault I'm sure, but frustrating because I had to do my 10-runer again with a HO. Anyone with any advice on new Hells -- I cannot stand them (too bad a player, I know), but I'd like to get those runes ...

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 18th May 2023, 04:49

Congrats on your third, Strat! I have no advice on endgame stuff - you're beyond anything I've done. (I don't think I've been to the Hells since somewhere around 0.20)

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 18th May 2023, 20:42

Ok, that was truly frustrating - dragged a MfFE (Nemelex Choice) of Qazlal through the whole game, got the Orb, then got bounced around by the densest pack of blink traps until I was petrified by a lich and dismantled. Sometimes this game ...

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 19th May 2023, 11:44

Congratulations for the wins, Strat, and sorry for your loss. Crawl is this game.

I played DgEn a few times, In one of those I found Rift! ... and then died immediately. In the next try, I found Zaphyr, in D2! Of course, I died soon after... I play very badly sometimes. Finally I won a DgEn, with long bows (I acquired a +12 drain longbow).

Last time some of you wanted to hunt down uniques collectively. What uniques are left for the group (it only shows individual uniques harvested, but unfortunately, not for the team). I know that these uniques are those that I have not killed in the tournament:

Code:
Antaeus, Asmodeus, Ceomat Feuw,  Cerebov, Dispater, Dissolution, Ereshkigal, Geryon, Gloorx Vloq, Khufu, Lom Lobon, Mnoleg, Murray, Parghit, Ummopp,  the Enchantress, the Lernaean hydra, the Serpent of Hell

Do you happen to know which of these have not killed by the group yet? Also, I have no idea what Ceomat Feuw or Ummopp is, or where to find them.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 19th May 2023, 13:00

Thanks, sanka -- you are killing it with the N.C. combos, seems like. I know only too well that Crawl is Crawl, and I often play very badly! On uniques, I have no idea who/what those two are, but I have got Gloorx, L. Hydra, Lom Lobon, Mnoleg, Parghit, and the Enchantress of of that list. Anyone else pick up some of the others?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 19th May 2023, 13:16

So from these 12 uniques, somebody killed 3:
  Code:
Antaeus, Asmodeus, Ceomat Feuw,  Cerebov, Dispater, Dissolution, Ereshkigal, Geryon, Khufu, Murray, Ummopp,  the Serpent of Hell,

The rest is to collect for us!

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 19th May 2023, 16:15

In the unlikely event anyone besides me was wondering this too, slimifying a unique does count.

For this message the author andrew has received thanks:
zlionsfan

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 19th May 2023, 19:49

The character I splatted in Tomb killed Murray.

My current character will likely be my last, it's a MfSu of TSO and it's got the Lair branch runes. Won't go to Tomb this time.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 21st May 2023, 01:37

I did not succeed killing the hell lords. My character died in the first hell -- I do not know the new hells, and they indeed seems dangerous (and more fun that they were before).

I am very bad at hells :-(

I killed all the unique Pan lords, tough -- maybe they have not all been killed by Strat.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 21st May 2023, 04:26

3 fails in a row, that's also a kind of a streak! :D

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 01-24-30 Tavern Snacks.png
Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 01-24-30 Tavern Snacks.png (35.17 KiB) Viewed 26011 times

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 21st May 2023, 09:59

Yeah, I crashed her. Not sure why I chose a Summoner when I was already a bit Crawl fatigued, managing summons is tiring and I eventually succumbed to 'can't be arsed to play properly any more' syndrome. Still, that makes a total of ten runes gathered for me this tournament, decent by my standards.

TSO is good for Su, as all the Bless Allies stuff applies to spell/evoc summons as much as to TSO's holy summons and not much in the mid-game survives the standard array of Su summons PLUS a daeva.

Many thanks to everyone for coming together and making another fun tournament. I'll message you again for the next one unless you say otherwise. zlionsfan, would you like to be on the message list for next time as well?

andrew

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 21st May 2023, 14:02

I'll add to the list of failed Hell attempts -- had a GrFi of TSO that got to Tomb 3, then ducked out when that seemed unlikely and got to the bottom of Dis only to get overwhelmed. And I just played my final game for this tourney. Thanks to Moanerette again for setting it up. I'll be there for Tavern Snacks 0.31 -- I enjoy the tourneys more with the clan (it's like a tradition now!).
Next

Return to The Dart Board