Depth first challenge

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 12th March 2018, 19:53

Depth first challenge

So I came up with a challenge I've been playing it for myself and it's been fun so far (Without being tedious or stupidly hard), so I am posting it:

Depth first challenge:

Rules are:
If you see a down staircase, or branch entrance, for the first time you must take it. Act as if you are mesmerized, (You can't move away from the stairs, but you can do anything else, but unlike mesmerize, clouds and the like don't break your line of sight with the staircase letting you escape from it.)
You can only ascend a staircase that is not the one you *most recently* descended (So you can ascend other stairs to go back up and finish a level for example)

This means that (for example) in order to leave a branch you discover, you must descend to (at least) the next level, ascend a different staircase, then finally exit the branch.
Exemption applies for the temple (Which is only one level, and the only way out is the way you came in)

Bonus challenge level:
Act as if shafts also mesmerize you.

Any other
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
nago

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 13th March 2018, 06:13

Re: Depth first challenge

Sounds like fun, until you end up in V5.
Maɟaŋ

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 13th March 2018, 08:04

Is it allowed to use Ash to avoid stairs?
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 13th March 2018, 23:34

VeryAngryFelid wrote:Is it allowed to use Ash to avoid stairs?

Hm, I would say that kind of negates the spirit of the challenge, but it's your game, you do you :)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 14th March 2018, 05:51

Someone proposed something similar here.

There's also the ironman challenge, which is much harder.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 14th March 2018, 07:05

bel wrote:Someone proposed something similar here.

There's also the ironman challenge, which is much harder.

Yes, that is kind of similar, the details are different enough that it plays out differently.

Return to The Dart Board