Casual League Gritty Reboot - Week 3 - GrEn

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th May 2017, 10:21

Casual League Gritty Reboot - Week 3 - GrEn

Welcome to the third week of Casual League Gritty Reboot!

The Casual League is pretty simple. Each week, you'll receive a challenge, consisting of either a race and a background, or a race and a god to worship. You play the character during that week and get a number of points depending on what tier you reach. You can even finish late and you'll still get points as long as you started during the week of the challenge. As this is a casual competition, you can play online or offline. There are no signups, you just play whenever you feel like it - all you need to do to qualify for the points is to report on your progress with either a morgue file/link, a short story of your adventures, or both!

This week, we will have a background challenge once again. Furthermore, due to the tourney, this challenge will also be kept open for at least two weeks, i.e. until the end of the tourney.

Points go as follows:

Tier 1 - 1 point
Tier 2 - 2 points
Tier 3 - 4 points

For simplicity's sake, you'll get points only for the highest tier you reach this time around.

Results so far: (This might get converted into a handy spreadsheet format off-site later on, whenever I get around to doing it.)

Spoiler: show
Leszczynek - 1 point from 1 weekly challenge (avg. 1 point/week)
NhorianScum - 4 points from 1 weekly challenge (avg. 4 points/week)
pedritolo - 8 points from 2 weekly challenges (avg. 4 points/week)
Moanerette - 2 points from 2 weekly challenges (avg. 1 point/week)
Fingolfin - 2 point from 2 weekly challenges (avg. 1 point/week)
Malevolent - 6 points from 2 weekly challenges (avg. 3 points/week)
stoneychips - 5 points from 2 weekly challenges (avg. 2.5 points/week)
stickyfingers - 8 points from 2 weekly challenges (avg. 4 points/week)

This week's challenge:

Brittle - Your Gargoyle has been constructed out of a particularly brittle and fragile material. This means you get as little HP as possible. Do not train any Fighting, ever.

(Important: be sure to switch to manual skill training straight away if it is on automatic by default!)

Combo: Gargoyle Enchanter (GrEn)

* Tier 1: Enter Lair while having Fighting at level 0.0.
* Tier 2: Get your first rune while having Fighting at level 0.0.
* Tier 3: Win the game OR get 15 runes while having Fighting at level 0.0.

Good luck everyone!
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 7th June 2017, 16:06

Re: Casual League Gritty Reboot - Week 3 - GrEn

I believe this is a T3 win
http://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/pedritolo/morgue-pedritolo-20170607-153846.txt

Not much to say about it. Gargoyles are pretty strong, regardless of hp's. I'm usually happy when my ac is greater than 35, and this guy had 65 even with deformed body. Even though I learned them, I ended up casting very few spells once the early game was behind me.
make food great again

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 11th June 2017, 12:53

Malevolent wrote:This week, we will have a background challenge once again. Furthermore, due to the tourney, this challenge will also be kept open for at least two weeks, i.e. until the end of the tourney.

Btw, you should probably extend its duration for an extra week, since everyone else's too busy playing the tourney and quite a few will be burned out shortly afterwards
make food great again

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 12th June 2017, 10:05

Yeah, that's what I was planning to do - I have a character in progress too, but haven't finished it yet. We're going for one more week on this one.
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

For this message the author Malevolent has received thanks:
stickyfingers

Return to The Dart Board