"Tactics does not matter, I use OP combo" challenge

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 13th September 2016, 13:44

"Tactics does not matter, I use OP combo" challenge

Kind of the opposite of optimal play, don't try with Felids.
1) The only allowed ways to move are autoexplore, autotravel and tab. Since the first two don't work with monsters in view, only tab works in fight. The only exception is for getting to altar (autoexplore does not stop there, as far as I remember). Also you cannot use autotravel with Ctrl+f functionality for fighting purpose (so you cannot search for "stair" or item which is on stairs hoping to fight a new monster near stairs). Don't try to game the system, I maybe forgot something but hopefully you have an idea what I am trying to prevent here so treat the missed things as present in limitations list.
2) For entering a new level you can use only autotravel (for example, "Gd2" enters D2).
3) You cannot shout, use loud direct damage wands (for example, wand of lightning) or loud direct damage spells (for example, fireball) without monsters in view. You cannot rest while already at full HP/MP. It is supposed to prevent you from luring monsters into view while you are on/near stairs. If I missed some ways of luring, treat them as present in the list. Using scrolls of noise is ok, it's a very limited consumable.

Overall you can either kill everything you see (because of autoexplore, autotravel and tab limitation) or use a consumable like scroll of teleportation to escape. Scroll of blinking is not that great unless you landed with no monsters in view and can use autotravel to run to stairs (hopefully the nearest stairs are in the safe direction).
You cannot stairdance: autotravel does not work with monsters in view and you can never press > or <.
Make sure you have a ranged attack or crazy AC/EV!
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 13th September 2016, 13:48

Re: "Tactics does not matter, I use OP combo" challenge

Check out braverobin.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 13th September 2016, 13:57

stickyfingers wrote:Check out braverobin.

LearnDB says "Just play normally and the lua will handle all the annoying fighting for you! You might want to pick a strong melee character, though..." and I assume it always uses tab with monster in view.
It is quite different from what I had in mind: hunters, conjurers, hybrids, smart use of consumables.

Also you are allowed to pick monster for attacking in my challenge, no need to press tab.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 19th September 2016, 11:45

what about picking up armour or weapons or other things autopickup doesen't deal with?
Memento mori

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 19th September 2016, 12:46

It is ok to move to a tile to pick up something but you should use ctrl+f or ctrl+g for that. No manual movement ever.

Return to The Dart Board