Bcadren Banners

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 13th November 2015, 23:58

Bcadren Banners

Just some challenges anyone is welcome to attempt.

• the Bat - Vp--; upon gaining the ability to turn into a bat do so and never turn back.
  • the Ugly Thing - Any living race. You must quaff all potions of mutation and eat all chunks of mutagenic meat. You cannot worship Zin or Jiyva. You may not quaff cute mut. You cannot kill Shining Eyes.
  • the Meltdown - Survive Dark Red Contam.
  • the Apostate - Survive having active wrath from ALL gods at once.
  • the Impoverished - Wear nothing (including Jewelry).
  • the Humble Cudgel - Kill any Unique Hell or Pan Lord, using a Club.
  • the Assassin - Kill any Unique Hell or Pan Lord, without waking them up.
  • the Volcano - Drown all Hell and Pan Lords, except Lom Lobon (who flies).
  • the Maze Destroyer - Cast Shatter in a Labyrinth.
  • the Annihilator - Finish a game having ALL kills be Conjurations. (No Melee or Ranged allowed. No Summoning allowed. Invocations and Evocations allowed, but non-attack effects only.)
  • the Charlatan - Finish a game having ALL kills be using Evocations. (No Melee or Ranged; Spells Allowed, but no Conjurations or Summonings, Effect Needles [Paralysis, etc.] Allowed).
  • the Barricade - Ascend a DDMo of Zin. You are not allowed to worship any other gods; you must take Zin before entering any branch (Depths counts as a Branch for this Challenge). [If multiple people manage to complete this; scores will be compared by remaining HP and MP; not by normal score system.]
  • the Cave Diver - Fo--. You must dive to the last floor of a branch (Shaft Self) when you first enter the branch. If it is a Rune branch, you must get the rune before you leave the floor.
  • the Cliff Diver - All except Fe--. Enter a Ziggurrat before XL 18. Attempt to reach Zig:27.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 14th November 2015, 00:15

Re: Bcadren Banners

I don't think Charlatan would be possible. You have to start as Ar but when your wands are depleted you can't kill anything. Even if you get D:2 Nemelex you wouldn't gain decks fast enough.

Unless you really mean to allow non-Conjurations attack spells, then it's a different case.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 14th November 2015, 00:30

I've seen charlatan-esque characters posted, where someone had no melee skill or magic schools trained, and killed everything with a disc of storms. Obviously you don't start with a disc of storms in inventory, and they probably did some normal kills on the early floors, but they found it fairly early in the dungeon. I think I asked but don't remember what they said when I asked about rElec monsters - probably avoided them? It was a naga, so I'm not sure.

So if you granted an exception for early floors, and got lucky to find a disc of storms, it might be possible. I think the disc is the only evocable without a usage limit - although if you got enough rods to last through a fight and recharge them they're effectively unlimited... One way you could possibly word this is that you may not train any damaging skill except for evocations over your starting value for that skill. Fighting is allowed. Then while you could start with a weapon or spell, it'd wear off in usefulness very soon, and you'd have to use evocations. This will of course require you to actually find that D:3 disc of storms, but hey.

I'm not sure why you'd ban Felids from the zig at level 18 challenge. They wouldn't even be the best choice. You could either level to 20 and die down to 18 for a bit more exp, or you go in at 18 and have two chances to die while finishing the zigg. Neither are really that challenge-breaking, and you could just reword it to prevent the first case: "enter a ziggurat before ever reaching level 18". Maybe the original wording works too, this is really just being overly clear.

Probably the best races for this would be undead - Necromutation is very important in ziggs, and while you can do your first zig without it, I'd think being immune would help. But mummies are weak and ghouls are terrible casters, so dunno, vampire? Might be better off doing a gargoyle and taking half damage in exchange for actually being able to get shatter online, unless you want to melee a zigg. I can't really see anyone picking felid as their first choice for this, though. There's nowhere to run to take advantage of their speed and -40% hp isn't zigg-friendly.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 07:44

the Meltdown - easy. Dark red contam is not that hazardous for a 27-lvl player. You just stack invis and haste up until you get it and then quaff a lot of !cancel and 1-2 !curemut. Btw once I survived dark red contam by winning the game, lol!

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 18th November 2015, 12:33

BTW a new banner:
Traveller - Find Donald and lure him through all the branches that has been generated this game.

For this message the author ololoev has received thanks:
Pollen_Golem

Return to The Dart Board