CSDC S3 Week 3 - CeFi

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 00:11

CSDC S3 Week 3 - CeFi

Please use this thread for discussion of all things pertaining to Week 3 of Crawl Sudden Death Challenges Season 3.

Week 3: CeFi (Centaur Fighter)

Tier I Bonus: Reach the end of any branch (includes D or Abyss) before entering Lair.
Tier II Bonus: Enter Tomb before entering Lair.

Week 3 Gods: Fedhas, Yredelemnul, Dithmenos, Zin

*Note: For the purpose of bonuses, "branch" means "multi-level branch, not including the main Dungeon".
Unless otherwise specified, you do not need to win the game to get points for the bonus challenges.

CSDC Season 3 Results and Standings

For a list of all currently running Week 3 games, go to ##crawl or ##csdc and type "!games csdc wk3".
To view a player's current score for Week 3, go to ##csdc and type "#points <playername>" (minus the <>).

For this message the author WalkerBoh has received thanks:
dasbeiler

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 06:14

Re: CSDC S3 Week 3 - CeFi

Woot! Good luck everyone.

Edit: Just peeked at the scoreboard. Something is not adding up with my score. Not sure where 3 points are coming from (Div 5).

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 06:54

dasbeiler wrote:Edit: Just peeked at the scoreboard. Something is not adding up with my score. Not sure where 3 points are coming from (Div 5).

You have the division highscore.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 08:26

Splat haha.

Had a lot of fun with fedhas, died in mines in a no guts no glory moment that failed haha. Having a lot of fun though! :D

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 13:52

Weird, second character in a row with distortion before Temple. At least now I know I don't want Trog/Oka and 1h vs 2h weapon problem is solved too.

Edit. Cursed skulls are unbelievable, speed 15 is crazy, I wasted all 3 scrolls of blinking on Crypt 1 and Crypt 2 and barely escaped to Vaults without tier 2 bonus. Now I need to clear Vaults and Depths for switching to glaive because trident of distortion seems to deal almost no damage to them :(

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 26th October 2014, 17:36

Bleh. First lethally poisoned by a lone adder, then killed at XL 6 by escaping upstairs into the middle of an orc priest + 2 orc wizards pack that was not there before. How ignoble.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 26th October 2014, 23:20

I`m confused, does getting to d:15 count for the tier one bonus? it says right below in italics that the main dungeon doesn`t count as a branch
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 04:05

I made sure to specifically say that the Dungeon counts for the Tier I:

OP wrote:Tier I Bonus: Reach the end of any branch (includes D or Abyss) before entering Lair.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 20:17

Another round, another embarassing poison death. I'm still not used to being faster than everything.
"No one should have two lives / Now you know my middle names are wrong and right / But baby there's no guidance / When random rules"

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 20:27

Missed week two. :(

Had to polish my ToME4 game, yo. DLC being out and all.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 21:56

Splatted, very disappointed. CeFi was one of the easiest CSDC build I ever saw... It was also really good to get the no Lair bonus along with Tier II...

I forgot that the weapon I had wielded wasn't to min delay and got attacked twice when I thought I had plenty of time to escape... Good luck all !
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 23:25

mopl wrote:Splatted, very disappointed. CeFi was one of the easiest CSDC build I ever saw...

Well, CeFi is certainly a good combo, especially compared to last week's TeEE nonsense. But it is not insanely good or anything.
I think Fi is the third worst background in Crawl (after CK and Wn). Reasons: no book, no god, bad distribution of attribute points.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 28th October 2014, 07:22

Magipi wrote:
mopl wrote:Splatted, very disappointed. CeFi was one of the easiest CSDC build I ever saw...

Well, CeFi is certainly a good combo, especially compared to last week's TeEE nonsense. But it is not insanely good or anything.
I think Fi is the third worst background in Crawl (after CK and Wn). Reasons: no book, no god, bad distribution of attribute points.

You must be kidding.
Potion of might, decent defenses, high HP and good weapon makes this class an excellent survivalist on the first few levels of dungeon. What's so better about starting as a warper or a skald? The book they often don't even have time to make use of?

CeFi is powerful in the beginning and somewhat weak in the middle game. Poor defenses keep melee combats far from trivial, especially once running is not so much of an advantage. Personally I dislike centaurs, but if I had to continue a streak, the species would be on the list of favorites.

(Yet I splatted my CeFi. Turns out Deep Elves don't give a shit about being almost dead after beating with antimagic and send CeFis to abyss even if these wear rings of protection from magic. And abyss... well, sometimes tier 1 demons spawn there in groups, nothing new).

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 28th October 2014, 09:18

As someone who has yet to play many different races even, this one was my first centaur game and I liked it. I did notice the same thing as others above with the low defensive capabilities. But the running away part makes up for it in the early game.

Still not enough guts to try tier 2 and nolair bonuses :oops:

Good luck everyone and hope to see more Div 5 players finish this week

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 28th October 2014, 12:53

I'm so mad at myself!
I had found ~12 scrolls of enchant weapon at character level 5, so had a +9 trident and a +5 Bardiche, killed Nessos, so had a barding, and even some decent secondary gear. Strolled through most of what came up, got overconfident and got electrocuted by Nikola.

Bleh, i really should know better by now...

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 28th October 2014, 15:45

Couldn't find a scroll of tele for my life. Stupid orc priests.
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
~380,000 (with wrapper on)

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 29th October 2014, 15:28

Man, this CeFi is going great. Lairless and Tier II seem like no problem. Hey, a cyclops. I'll just shoot it with a blowgun from the edge of los. Ouch, my health is a bit low, but there's no way it can hit me for 44 damage. Oh, that dealt 44 damage.

Another easily-prevented death.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 1st November 2014, 17:27

Level 1 dungeon, 3rd monster I meat is a giant mite - - no problem right? it bites, I'm poisoned, swing and a miss, bites again, more poisoned -- gah, retreat one step and kill it, -- ok. hmm lethally poisoned, drink my 4 unidentified potions, confusion, resistance, haste or something ... and I die of poison :(

Should have retreated after the first swing and miss ...

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 1st November 2014, 17:38

Ugh, tried to get away from Louise immediately upon spotting her, but was banished anyway. Tried to use speed to my advantage in Abyss to find an exit, just trying to keep ahead of everything. Instead the Abyss decided to put me in corners repeatedly. I don't think I have ever found myself cornered so often there. Used consumables and god powers, but was slowly losing HP faster than I was getting it back. I hate the Abyss.
Official Online Wins and Streaks
Experimental Wins: 1xImHu (Imps) 1xTrBe (chunkless)
Offline Wins: 2xTrCK 1xFeBe 1xHuWn 1xKoAr 1xMiFi

Return to The Dart Board