Short challenge: Octopode constriction challenge!

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th May 2014, 05:28

Short challenge: Octopode constriction challenge!

Time for a somewhat more light hearted challenge!

You don't have to win the game, but you'll probably have to level up somewhat to become durable enough: Constrict as many monsters at once as you can and survive the fight! I don't think it's going to be possible to constrict a full 8, but I think 6-7 mobs at once is possible. Plants don't count, and you get bonus points for surviving the fight. Screenshot it for proof, post it here. We'll take your word on if you survived or not.

Monsters dying before you can constrict the other mobs makes this especially hard - maybe using a fast weapon like a quickblade would be best? I suppose that if you could survive being surrounded and had a quickblade it wouldn't be too hard to constrict 8 semi-durable mobs...

Good luck out there, and enjoy using terrible tactics!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th May 2014, 06:05

Re: Short challenge: Octopode constriction challenge!

Code:
fff
f@f
fff

done

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
tedric

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 16th May 2014, 08:48

duvessa wrote:
  Code:
fff
f@f
fff

done

What is f?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 16th May 2014, 13:08

Fungus.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 16th May 2014, 16:32

tasonir wrote:...Plants don't count...
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th May 2014, 19:36

I'm aware that screenshots can be faked - the main reason was to see what situation you were able to get yourself into and out of. Fungus presents no threat, and it's not included. They have to be real monsters :)

Screenshots from console are fine, show your entire game, though.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 17th May 2014, 03:30

First Entry!

Spoiler: show

I'm actually constricting all of the valid targets - the rest are all large monsters, waaaa....I'll see if I can get more than 4 next.

I'm thinking of a scoring system, something like 3 points per constricted enemy, 1 point for a non-constricted enemy adjacent to you? Maybe something like 1 point per 3-4 monsters in LOS not adjacent? Dunno, we'll see if anyone else even bothers to enter :)

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
rockygargoyle

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 02:06

tasonir wrote:I suppose that if you could survive being surrounded and had a quickblade it wouldn't be too hard to constrict 8 semi-durable mobs...

7 is actually the maximum. 6 with a shield. (your weapon tentacle (even if it's UC) doesn't constrict. STR stat also helps get more Constriction damage and makes you more likely to constrict on hit (since Op has no armour, it and ranged is their only use for STR).
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th May 2014, 03:13

I should probably double check this, but you can press @ in game on an octopode and it will tell you how many things you can constrict. If you wield nothing, it's 8. If you have a shield, it goes down to 6, and a shield + weapon is 4. I didn't check a two handed weapon. Assuming this doesn't lie and I'm not wrong about it saying 8, I think you can get 8.

I think this is actually a harder challenge than I thought, my 4 above is still my record. I understand a lot of people aren't suddenly going to play octopodes, and because there's only one race you can do this challenge with not many people have posted, but come on, someone else needs to try :) Post a picture of your horrible death after trying, we'll take it as a warning!

Return to The Dart Board