CSDC Week 4 - GhHu, CLOSED

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 07:12

Re: CSDC Week 4 - GhHu

WalkerBoh wrote:ChaseCapener: Just wanted to make sure you're aware that your GhHu was played in 0.13, so it doesn't count. You need to play it in trunk for the game to count for points. You still have a couple days!

Thank you for informing me.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 07:17

This GhHu thing goes until when? Saturday?

I had to take 5 days off because of a trip to Colorado. If I don't have the character done exactly then will it not count? I finished Orc and I'm working on it, but it's a busy week. This character has the right stuff, I've just gotta keep it together.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 07:22

Charos: looks like RHF is down for good. If you haven't started a new game on another server you probably should.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 08:37

finally did it :)
http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/mo ... 221937.txt

Because of an early Ossuary, and then an IceCave in Lair I did not rush to Lair:8 and was unable to complete Tier I.
Carefulness prevented me from trying Tier II...

I really wanted more runes and felt like this one could get 15, but I almost had stat death twice (those mutating stars) in Abyss. I also really wanted my first streak and decided not to take more risks...
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 15:49

There is no direct stat death anymore, but having 0 or negative str, int, or dex causes really bad effects that could readily cause death in a place like Abyss.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Thursday, 27th February 2014, 07:50

2 runes down. Cleared through V:4. Just gotta do Depths, V:5 and then Zot. I'm finding this build very powerful and I'm considering extended. Problem is, I have no spells and even some level 1 spells have 100% fail rate. Is it worth trying extended without spells?

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 27th February 2014, 08:13

Such a nice combo got wasted by a set of challenge levels and reluctant to blink prince ribbit, whom I could not escape. After I checked through all my consumables, I had to surrender to him and jelly who also took a part in this slaughter. Ribbit, new fun spoiler.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 00:23

diviton wrote:2 runes down. Cleared through V:4. Just gotta do Depths, V:5 and then Zot. I'm finding this build very powerful and I'm considering extended. Problem is, I have no spells and even some level 1 spells have 100% fail rate. Is it worth trying extended without spells?

"Ghoul might maybe be the best species for doing extended with no spells and also no god, but I don't think that matters very much. " (c) duvessa

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 07:04

Sandman25 wrote:
diviton wrote:2 runes down. Cleared through V:4. Just gotta do Depths, V:5 and then Zot. I'm finding this build very powerful and I'm considering extended. Problem is, I have no spells and even some level 1 spells have 100% fail rate. Is it worth trying extended without spells?

"Ghoul might maybe be the best species for doing extended with no spells and also no god, but I don't think that matters very much. " (c) duvessa

Yes but that really does not mean that doing extended without spells (unless Trog) and/or without divine support (unless Demigod) is a good idea.... Hence the "I don't think that matters very much."

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th March 2014, 15:12

and into wrote:
Sandman25 wrote:

Yes but that really does not mean that doing extended without spells (unless Trog) and/or without divine support (unless Demigod) is a good idea.... Hence the "I don't think that matters very much."

No, I think he meant quite the opposite, for him ghoul is not the best species for extended because no Death's Door and no Revivification. I disagree of course but "I don't think that matters very much" ;)

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Wednesday, 5th March 2014, 02:31

My GhHu died on Zot:5 steps away from the Orb. I was dominating and using some scrolls of summoning and my Moth of Wrath zerked an Orb Guardian. I was at low health before it happened, but I had things under control until then. Despite my 38(?) AC, it hit me for some crazy damage when I tried to haste and I died. Blegh.

That would have been the first time I've ever won a combination the very first time trying it. Oh well.
Previous

Return to The Dart Board