Crawl Challenge: Hero of Heretics

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 16:27

Crawl Challenge: Hero of Heretics

The Hero of Heretics Challenge

Story

You were once a faithful and loyal follower of a powerful diety, however, they chose to abandon you in your time of need, and they let the unholy forces of darkness overtake you. But you survived, and you are determined to spite all the gods of this world.

You have heard talk of a place known as the tomb, where all the victims of a cruel deities desertion rest in eternal agonizing undeath, unable to accept their tragic fate. They have suffered the same fate, but unlike you, they did not survive. Your quest is simple: Betray the gods whom have betrayed you and so many others, acquire the orb of zot, then use it's power to liberate your brethren in the tomb and acquire their sacred relic.

Rules and Restrictions

• You may not choose a species unable of following a god(besides beogh). You also may not choose hill orcs(they are far too loyal to abandon their leader, beogh).
  • Upon reaching ******, you must leave your god and may not follow him again for the rest of the game. This is the only way you are aloud to lose your god.
  • You may not enter the tomb until you have Spited every single god in crawl and have picked up the orb of zot.
  • You must be following a god at all time until you have spite every god. Follow the first god you find an alter to.

How to win

You are on a quest to Spite the god of this world, and over time, you will have to bear the burden of wrath that the gods will lay upon you. In order to win, you must abandon every god in crawl and destroy at least one idol of beogh, then ascend after acquiring the golden rune of zot.

Spiting a god is defined as gaining ****** status and abandoning them.

Good luck, and happy heresy!
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 14:23

Re: Crawl Challenge: Hero of Heretics

well, If someone can manage it, I'll send it a framed certificate of "master of Crawl". but it has to be someone from the tavern.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 14:29

Problem: Not every god accepts undead worshippers, and being a mummy is the only way to win this even in theory.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 15:13

Actually, it isn't quite as hard as you make it sound, I was going to give this a shot with a Merfolk Transmuters, or maybe a lava Orc. :)

I just need to find the time for it.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 20:41

Pan has infinite food so running out of food is not a problem. Zot (and hell, I guess, since some potential hell spawns are living) has infinite spawns so you can't run out of opportunities to gain piety, either.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 21:22

Also Pan now has demonspawns who leave delicious delicious demonspawn corpses.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 22:57

I dont know, it still tasted terrible to me. :lol:
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 23:35

Starting a game now on http://crawl.akrasiac.org:8080/#lobby if anyone is interested. I'll be playing an octopode transmuter this game and see how it goes. :)

Currently my strategy is going to be going for the good gods them get wrath from them since they seem to have the easiest wrath to deal with. Ill be playing as Tiktacy since Altacy is currently running the batty challenge.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 8th February 2014, 00:37

Ended up finding xom as my first god, but he gave me a bunch of awesome mutations including the spike. I have blade hands online and have already found a few nice rings.

Taking a break for tonight though, got a lot of homework to get started on. Thanks to anyone who came to spectate. :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 8th February 2014, 02:18

I thought all branches close off once you've picked up the orb.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 8th February 2014, 03:04

Code:
commit 298e3e9e4b6005a2e507c43a8d288de83165b18c
Author: Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl>
Date:   Wed Jan 15 02:40:39 2014 +0100

Don't close portals upon picking up the Orb.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
savageorange

Return to The Dart Board