CSDC Week 2 - DrCK, CLOSED

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 18:18

CSDC Week 2 - DrCK, CLOSED

The Week 2 challenge is now closed.

Please use this thread for discussion of all things pertaining to Week 2 of the Crawl Sudden Death Challenges competition.

Week 2: DrCK

Tier I Bonus: Enter Abyss:5 at any time during the game.
Tier II Bonus: Collect the abyssal rune as your first rune.

NOTE:
For both bonus tiers: You must not abandon Xom during the game.
Unless otherwise specified, you do not need to win the game to get points for the bonus challenges.

CSDC Season 1 Results and Standings

Week 2 Challenge Wins
Spoiler: show
1. MrPlanck - 151,829 turns with 15 runes.
2. ackack - 113,370 turns with 4 runes.
Last edited by WalkerBoh on Monday, 17th February 2014, 03:25, edited 3 times in total.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 19:12

Re: CSDC Week 2 - DrCK

Xom roars with laughter!

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 19:24

Wonderful.
take it easy

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 19:38

Wow, was doing awesome until xom summoned a ynoxinul. I was trying to escape and then was suddenly surrounded, then I died, then xom revived me, then I was killed by the ynoxinul who came around the corner and hit me the moment I entered LOS.

Talk about bad luck, ive run plenty of xom runs before, but ive never gotten such a bad roll of the dice.

Oh well, its to be expected when you follow xom i guess. Just wish I could have lived long enough to see my color...
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 19:43

I don't think the contest starts until 7P EST ... so you are still in the game, I think!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 20:14

Here the tier 2 challenge does not seems to depend on the first. Is it sill enough for maximal point alone? Because it may be easier than the first actually.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 20:37

Moose wrote:I don't think the contest starts until 7P EST ... so you are still in the game, I think!

Well, no. I was asking people to wait until 7pm EST so I wouldn't have to change my score queries. A few people didn't see my note, so I had to change them anyways. But the score stands.

sanka wrote:Here the tier 2 challenge does not seems to depend on the first. Is it sill enough for maximal point alone? Because it may be easier than the first actually.

You're correct. Completing the Tier I challenge = 1 pt, completing the Tier II challenge = 3 pts, and you do not need to complete the Tier I to get Tier II. I think the Tier II challenge is quite a bit tougher than the Tier I (remember, you cannot abandon Xom as part of the challenge), but I'm curious to see if I'm wrong. :)

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 20:54

I never played a CK seriosly. Can someone give me some baseline guide to not splat in the first 1k turns? (like how keep xom entertained enough and so on)
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 20:59

WalkerBoh wrote:You're correct. Completing the Tier I challenge = 1 pt, completing the Tier II challenge = 3 pts, and you do not need to complete the Tier I to get Tier II. I think the Tier II challenge is quite a bit tougher than the Tier I (remember, you cannot abandon Xom as part of the challenge), but I'm curious to see if I'm wrong. :)

You clear out everything and just don't pick up the runes. You can't enter the Vaults that way, but who can manage vaults can also manage the Depths. Then you enter the Abyss and scum level 3 until you find the rune... The only real challenge here is that you have to do it with Xom.

But I think the two tiers are fine. That way you can still get a bonus through Abyss 5 while being able to visit the Vaults beforehand. However Abyss 5 could be pretty easy if you get the abyssal rune beforehand (since it spams you with exit portals).

nago wrote:I never played a CK seriosly. Can someone give me some baseline guide to not splat in the first 1k turns? (like how keep xom entertained enough and so on)

Resting is boring ;) Other than that, it doesn't look like it's possible to prepare for a run like that. You will have to follow the flow Xom dictates...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:01

The best way to win with Xom is to play like you have no god. Trying to keep him amused will have little effect other than putting you in danger. (Exception: if you're a mummy then you really want to find a way to deal with confusion, but otherwise play normally.)

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:05

nago wrote:I never played a CK seriosly. Can someone give me some baseline guide to not splat in the first 1k turns? (like how keep xom entertained enough and so on)

I'm not extremely experienced with CKs having only two wins with them, but everything seems to work out fine if you don't waste time and transloc scrolls and just play smart. Quaff IDing potions in the middle of combat and other things like that are best saved for actual desperate moments and not appeasing the god who could hate you again in a few turns.

Also, watch out for Xom's inner flame. I would put a line in your rc file that warns you when it happens.
take it easy

For this message the author Cheibrodos has received thanks:
nago

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:08

So, challenge's points aside, is better to get a serious god to have higher chances to win? (I really don't care to have a win with him)
Last edited by nago on Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:09

Tedronai wrote:You clear out everything and just don't pick up the runes. You can't enter the Vaults that way, but who can manage vaults can also manage the Depths. Then you enter the Abyss and scum level 3 until you find the rune... The only real challenge here is that you have to do it with Xom.

But I think the two tiers are fine. That way you can still get a bonus through Abyss 5 while being able to visit the Vaults beforehand. However Abyss 5 could be pretty easy if you get the abyssal rune beforehand (since it spams you with exit portals).

In my mind Tier I is pretty easy (relatively, and assuming you make it far enough), because you can just go do it very quickly near the end of the game, especially if you have the rune already. Tier II imposes a more significant challenge, in that you have to enter Depths earlier than usual. Not an easy proposition with Xom.

I considered having Tier II require finding the abyssal rune on Abyss:5, but that would have potentially created situations where you accidentally find the rune before stairs on Abyss:3 or 4 and would have to leave it. That certainly isn't desirable to me.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:12

nago wrote:So, challenge's points aside, is better to get a serious god to have higher chances to win? (I really don't care to have a win with him)

Nago, I would say abandoning Xom gives you the surest chance to win. But Xom will still be punishing you during the part of the game you're weakest and least equipped for it. So in a game where you abandon Xom or don't, I'd say your chances of getting past the early game are slightly better with Xom. And in the mid-game, you are more prepared to deal with Xom.

So if you want to abandon Xom, I would only do it for a god that immediately improves your survival chances (i.e., Oka, Trog, Fed). That's my 2 cents.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:14

I have tried it just to see how it goes (Ihope it does not count - it's still not 7 PM in EST, right?). I gone maces, found a whip of pain, a book of Necromancy, and Xom gave me about 15 useful mutations. Then she decided to send me to the Abyss at level 8. I could not escape (I'm not good at escaping), altough I did not tryed really seriously (I never remember to be able to escape without a means to teleport, and I did not want to torture myself).

For players of my level I think that a Xom challenge is more of a rulette than a matter of skill. I remember when she killed my Mummy from max HP at level 7 with sticky flame. She also killed me with a sun demon (!) at level 1 of the dungeon.

For other challenges I understand the under level 4 retry option, but for Xom it seems a little bit funny. It just means he will kill you when you reach level 4.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:20

sanka wrote:I have tried it just to see how it goes (Ihope it does not count - it's still not 7 PM in EST, right?). I gone maces, found a whip of pain, a book of Necromancy, and Xom gave me about 15 useful mutations. Then she decided to send me to the Abyss at level 8. I could not escape (I'm not good at escaping), altough I did not tryed really seriously (I never remember to be able to escape without a means to teleport, and I did not want to torture myself).

Hm, I'm sorry if this confused anyone. I did not mean to give people the impression they could practice the character until 7pm - that is entirely against the spirit of the competition. But since I apparently confused several people, I will not count any game that has ended up to this point. To be extra clear...

The challenge is officially beginning as of 4:20pm EST. Any games that end after this time will count for your score in the challenge.

So for the two people who have finished games so far (Tiktacy and sanka), I will not consider your scores so far. Sorry again for the confusion.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:29

WalkerBoh wrote:So if you want to abandon Xom, I would only do it for a god that immediately improves your survival chances (i.e., Oka, Trog, Fed). That's my 2 cents.

I tried his wrath offline... Keep in mind that he can just surround you with Tier-4 demons (which include Blue devils, Iron devils, Orange Demons and Sixfirhy). If you have not quite a few good escape methods I'd say early abandoning is nearly as deadly as Trog. However later on it should not really matter, you just need to reach a state where you can defy him.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:41

WalkerBoh wrote:Hm, I'm sorry if this confused anyone. I did not mean to give people the impression they could practice the character until 7pm - that is entirely against the spirit of the competition. But since I apparently confused several people, I will not count any game that has ended up to this point. To be extra clear...

The challenge is officially beginning as of 4:20pm EST. Any games that end after this time will count for your score in the challenge.

So for the two people who have finished games so far (Tiktacy and sanka), I will not consider your scores so far. Sorry again for the confusion.

Maybe to avoid confusion next time, why about removing the starting time and just open the competition as soon as you announce the combo?

Tedronai wrote:
WalkerBoh wrote:So if you want to abandon Xom, I would only do it for a god that immediately improves your survival chances (i.e., Oka, Trog, Fed). That's my 2 cents.

I tried his wrath offline... Keep in mind that he can just surround you with Tier-4 demons (which include Blue devils, Iron devils, Orange Demons and Sixfirhy). If you have not quite a few good escape methods I'd say early abandoning is nearly as deadly as Trog. However later on it should not really matter, you just need to reach a state where you can defy him.

Nice.
Probably I'll still take my chance if I have enough teleport scroll when I find a Trog altar - or maybe I'll die on D:1 against a giant newt, who knows.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 21:55

So that was quick. Xom sent me on several rounds of teleport fun, the last one of which landed me in an Orc castle, surrounded by orc warriors and a warlord. Nowhere to blink to, and was splatted before !tp could kick in. Plus frail, degenerating. OTOH, pale.

But confused on 7PM ET time thing -- does this one not count or count? I'm fine either way...

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... 214752.txt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 22:02

For some stupid reason I decided we cannot abandon Xom similar to Xom games during 0.13 tournament. "For both bonus tiers: You must not abandon Xom during the game". The bold statement missed my mind.
Not that it would save me though, killed by overconfidence as usual.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 22:07

HenryFlower wrote:So that was quick. Xom sent me on several rounds of teleport fun, the last one of which landed me in an Orc castle, surrounded by orc warriors and a warlord. Nowhere to blink to, and was splatted before !tp could kick in. Plus frail, degenerating. OTOH, pale.

But confused on 7PM ET time thing -- does this one not count or count? I'm fine either way...

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... 214752.txt

Pale is one of the best dr color. Red is overpowered damage-wise, but semi-unlimited fog is insane from many point of view.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 22:35

Well, I had a very very promising game going, and I had the bad luck to run up against a centaur warrior out in the open, and teleport and fog as I may, I just could not withstand his damage.

Perhaps I should have trained a little stealth beforehand as to not awaken him. Alas!

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/moose/morgu ... 221905.txt

had to spend nearly the entire game running away from things. This draconian was just soooo succeptible to damage unfortunately. Guess they take a while to get off the ground.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 22:41

Thanks, WalkerBoh, altough I seriously doubt I will make to level 8 next time :-)

As of practice going against the challenge: nothing would prevent me to practice offline or with a second account. Actaully I would not consider it cheating (altough for any other combo but Chaos Knights I would not do it). For Chaos Knight I did it to have at least a rough estimate what can I expect from Xom now in trunk. I did not tried to seriously win, I planned to quit if I reach Lair.

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 23:10

nago wrote:Maybe to avoid confusion next time, why about removing the starting time and just open the competition as soon as you announce the combo?

Yes, this is what I planned on doing. But my functions for scoring look for games started after a certain time, which is at 7pm EST of a given day. I was just trying to save myself a little work with having to go change them around to find games started before then. In the end, I caused myself even more work by trying to save work, so lesson learned. Won't be a problem in the future. :)

HenryFlower wrote:But confused on 7PM ET time thing -- does this one not count or count? I'm fine either way...

Yep, your game counts.

sanka wrote:As of practice going against the challenge: nothing would prevent me to practice offline or with a second account. Actaully I would not consider it cheating (altough for any other combo but Chaos Knights I would not do it).

Agreed, there is no problem with practicing offline. Trying to get a feel for the character and determine which strategy to employ is a perfectly valid thing to do in this competition. The situation I wanted to avoid is for someone to start games over and over, until they find something really good on D:1 or D:2 (especially relevant for games with Xom). When you play offline it doesn't matter, even if you find something good the game will not count. ;)

Neither you nor Tiktacy were trying to abuse your opportunity, which is why I'm okay with erasing those games.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 23:59

nago wrote:
HenryFlower wrote: Plus frail, degenerating. OTOH, pale.

Pale is one of the best dr color. Red is overpowered damage-wise, but semi-unlimited fog is insane from many point of view.

That's what I meant by "on the other hand" -- the only positive (well, that and finding a longbow on D3) in that short game. Unfortunately, fog doesn't help much when surrounded by superorcs.
Last edited by HenryFlower on Monday, 3rd February 2014, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 00:03

6270 | D:7 | XOM: 3-stop teleportation journey
6271 | D:7 | Noticed an orc knight
6272 | D:7 | Mangled by an orc warrior

Xom thinks this is hilarious.

Unarmed Combat 27.0

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 04:40

And I'm out.

I experimented with him offline (is this allowed?) because I had never experienced Xom effects. I managed to get to Lair almost immediately and felt like I had a good understanding. So I stopped playing that character and switched to online. D:2 I find Terrance as soon as I come around the corner standing right next to me. I hit him once and he gets hasted. Probably shouldn't be using the starting chaos weapon, but eh.

Second character, at low health and about to kill a Kobold. I hit it and heal it to full. At this point I suicided because who wants to play a Chaos Knight? See you guys next week. -.-

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 06:30

diviton wrote:I experimented with him offline (is this allowed?) because I had never experienced Xom effects.

I don't see anything wrong with training offline. The point is that you need to decide when the time has come for your game to be counted. And this decision has to be made before the game is played and not afterwards (which is imo the point of this challenge).

---

A question regarding the bonus: It is stated that I must not abandon Xom during the game. Does this mean that a cannot switch gods after getting the abyssal rune as my first one? Do I lose the bonus that way?

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 07:19

diviton wrote:Second character, at low health and about to kill a Kobold. I hit it and heal it to full. At this point I suicided because who wants to play a Chaos Knight? See you guys next week.

Yeah, I'm considering going UC from the start to try to avoid this sort of thing… Sucks you had such a rough time of it. Playing offline to practice is completely okay.

Tedronai wrote:A question regarding the bonus: It is stated that I must not abandon Xom during the game. Does this mean that a cannot switch gods after getting the abyssal rune as my first one? Do I lose the bonus that way?

Correct, you can't abandon Xom after getting the rune or you forfeit the bonus points. Part of the bonus this week is playing the entire game with Xom.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 09:06

Grinder + Xom is bad ! And I just leveled up to 4 :(
  Code:
  1990 | D:3      | Noticed Grinder
  1990 | D:3      | XOM: cast spell 'Metabolic Englaciation'
  1992 | D:3      | Paralysed by Grinder for 2 turns
  1996 | D:3      | XOM: mild Tloc miscast
  2006 | D:3      | Paralysed by Grinder for 3 turns
  2008 | D:3      | Slain by Grinder

See you next week
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 10:01

My favorite moment of this week's challenge, for your entertainment:

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 11:14

Ouch, wyvern is speed 15. Let us know if you manage to get away, but that seems unlikely bar act of Xom.

Why are you wielding a club, Implojin? Is this the "drop your chaos weapon at turn 0" advice? I would like to know because I've never gotten very far with CK.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 14:30

My serious try went much better than I expected. I tried to go carefully but also fast (no autoexplore early on), because I figured that the less time you spend low level the less chance Xom get to kill you from max HP.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.14-a0-2400-gb2944a8 (console) character file.

sanka the Nimble (Black Draconian Chaos Knight)    Turns: 34175, Time: 03:28:36

HP 141/141       AC 20     Str 15      XL: 14   Next: 98%
MP  24/24        EV 24     Int 15      God: Xom
Gold 1871        SH  0     Dex 18      Spells:  5 memorised,  8 levels left

rFire  . . .     SeeInvis .     a - +4,+2 dire flail (freeze)
rCold  + + +     Clarity  +     (armour unavailable)
rNeg   . . .     Conserve .     (no shield)
rPois  .         rCorr    .     L - +2 hat
rElec  +         rRot     .     A - +1 cloak
SustAb . .       Spirit   .     U - +2 pair of gloves {Dex+3}
rMut   .         Warding  .     (boots unavailable)
Saprov . . .     Stasis   .     s - amulet of clarity
MR     +++..                    M - ring of regeneration
                                r - +3 ring of protection

@: flying, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, fairly stealthy
A: breathe lightning, able to fly continuously, unfitting armour, large and
strong wings, hooves 3, breathe flames 1, clever 1, cold resistance 3, magic
resistance 3, sense surroundings 1, robust 1, shaggy fur 2, electricity
resistance, evolution 1, AC +8
a: Breathe Lightning, Stop Flying, Renounce Religion, Breathe Fire

You are on level 10 of the Dungeon.
You worship Xom.
You are a favourite toy of Xom.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 3 branches of the dungeon, and seen 24 of its levels.
You have also visited: Sewer and Ossuary.

You have collected 4237 gold pieces.
You have spent 2366 gold pieces at shops.

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You can breathe wild blasts of lightning.
You can fly continuously.
Your glossy black scales are hard (AC +8).
Your body does not fit into most forms of armour.
Your cold-blooded metabolism reacts poorly to cold.
Your wings are large and strong.
You are resistant to electric shocks.
You have hooves in place of feet.
You can breathe flames.
Your mind is acute. (Int +2)
Your flesh is almost immune to the effects of cold.
You are extremely resistant to the effects of hostile enchantments.
You passively map a small area around you.
You are robust (+10% HP).
You are covered in thick fur (AC +2).
You evolve.

Skills:
 + Level 13.3 Fighting
 - Level 14.0 Maces & Flails
 + Level 14.6 Dodging
 - Level 4.0 Spellcasting
 - Level 1.3 Conjurations
 - Level 5.1 Charms
 - Level 4.0 Ice Magic
 - Level 6.0 Air Magic
 - Level 5.0 Evocations

You have 8 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       ###.......   2%          2    ##.....
b - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       ###.....     2%          2    ##.....
c - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ##........   21%         3    ###....
d - Static Discharge      Conj/Air       ##......     14%         3    ###....
e - Ozocubu's Armour      Chrm/Ice       ###.......   10%         3    ###....

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (12/16)            Temple (0/1) D:4             Orc (4/4) D:11
    Elf (0/3) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:9           Swamp (0/5) Lair:3
 Spider (0/5) Lair:6        Slime (0/6) Lair:8     

Altars:
Cheibriados
Kikubaaqudgha
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Zin

Shops:
D:6 }   D:8 *   D:11 [**   D:12 [   Orc:4 ?%}(

Annotations:
Lair:8 Rupert

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - a +4,+2 dire flail of freezing (weapon)
 b - the +6,+2 sling of Bloody Death {venom, Int+2}
   (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)   

It poisons the ammo it fires.

It affects your intelligence (+2).
 O - a +2,+4 orcish flail of protection
 P - the +7,+10 great sword "Vusewuoto" {vamp, rPois SInv}
   (You found it on level 12 of the Dungeon)   

It inflicts no extra harm, but heals its wielder somewhat when it strikes a
   living foe.

It protects you from poison.
   It enhances your eyesight.
 T - a +2 blowgun
Missiles
 f - 7 darts (quivered)
 g - 30 sling bullets
 u - 57 poisoned needles
Armour
 A - a +1 cloak (worn)
 L - a +2 hat (worn)
 U - a +2 pair of gloves of dexterity (worn)
Magical devices
 h - a wand of cold {zapped: 1}
 C - a wand of invisibility {zapped: 1}
 E - a wand of disintegration {zapped: 1}
 S - a wand of fireball {zapped: 2}
Comestibles
 c - 3 bread rations
 G - 12 honeycombs
Scrolls
 e - 2 scrolls of blinking
 i - 7 scrolls of remove curse
 y - a scroll of identify
 z - a scroll of magic mapping
 B - 6 scrolls of teleportation
 J - a scroll of recharging
 Y - 2 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 k - an uncursed ring of poison resistance
 o - an uncursed ring of fire
 q - an uncursed ring of ice
 r - a +3 ring of protection (left hand)
 s - an amulet of clarity (around neck)
 v - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 H - the ring of Surprise {-Cast rF+ Dex+3}
   (You found it on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)   

[ring of protection from fire]
   It affects your dexterity (+3).
   It prevents spellcasting.
 K - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
 M - a ring of regeneration (right hand)
 N - an uncursed ring of sustain abilities
 Q - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
Potions
 d - 11 potions of curing
 j - 2 potions of invisibility
 m - 2 potions of speed
 n - 2 potions of agility
 w - 3 potions of magic
 x - 2 potions of heal wounds
 D - 2 potions of berserk rage
 F - 4 potions of brilliance
 I - 2 potions of resistance
 V - 4 potions of might
 X - a potion of restore abilities
Books
 W - a book of the Tempests   

Spells                             Type                      Level
   *Static Discharge                  Conjuration/Air              3
   Lightning Bolt                     Conjuration/Air              5
   Fireball                           Conjuration/Fire             5
   Tornado                            Air                          9
   Shatter                            Earth                        9
Miscellaneous
 t - a disc of storms
 R - a fan of gales
Rods
 l - a +5 rod of fiery destruction (13/13) {!a}
   (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 p - a +0 rod of frigid destruction (11/11) {!a}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)

.#...#...##.#.#.#
.'...'...##.#.#.#
.#...#...##.#.#.####
###########.#.#.[(<#
          #.#.######
          #.#....#
          #.####.#
          #.#  #.#
          #.#  #@#
          #.####.#
          #......#
          ########

There are no monsters in sight!

Message History

There is a staircase to the Lair here.
You fly downwards. Welcome to the Lair of Beasts!
There is a staircase back to the Dungeon here.
You see here the +7,+10 great sword "Vusewuoto" {vamp, rPois SInv}.
P - the +7,+10 great sword "Vusewuoto" {vamp, rPois SInv}
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Okay, then.
Search for what [Enter for "great sword", or ? for help]? tempest
You fly upwards. Welcome back to the Dungeon!
There is a staircase to the Lair here.
You see here a dagger.
You are near starving!
Eat which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
You finish eating. That bread ration really hit the spot!
(D) Dungeon        (T) Temple         (O) Orcish Mines   (E) Elven Halls   
(L) Lair           (S) Swamp          (N) Spider Nest    (M) Slime Pits     
Where to? (Enter - D:10 @ (x,y), ? - help)
There is a stone staircase leading down here.
There is a stone staircase leading down here.
You fly downwards.
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
Things that are here:
3 darts; a runed whip
Things that are here:
an orcish ring mail; an orcish short sword
HP restored.
You see here a book of the Tempests.
W - a book of the Tempests
Char dumped successfully.
Save game and exit?

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Mace              |    70 |   195 |       |       |       ||   265
       Club              |    79 |       |       |       |       ||    79
       Whip              |    20 |       |       |       |       ||    20
       Flail             |       |   104 |   479 |   252 |    30 ||   865
       Dire flail        |       |       |       |   900 |  1264 ||  2164
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |    11 |       ||    11
 Fire: Sling             |       |    16 |    97 |   139 |    45 ||   297
       Blowgun           |       |       |       |     6 |       ||     6
Throw: Dart              |    54 |    46 |    22 |    13 |    24 ||   159
       Javelin           |       |       |     3 |       |       ||     3
 Cast: Repel Missiles    |       |       |       |     5 |    28 ||    33
       Ozocubu's Armour  |       |       |       |       |    42 ||    42
       Static Discharge  |       |       |       |       |     6 ||     6
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
 Abil: Breathe Lightning |       |       |       |    10 |     2 ||    12
       Fly               |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
Evoke: Rod               |       |       |    11 |    24 |    41 ||    76
       Disc of storms    |       |       |       |    12 |     5 ||    17
       Wand              |       |       |       |     8 |     1 ||     9
  Use: Scroll            |     9 |     5 |    15 |    18 |    12 ||    59
       Potion            |       |     3 |       |     3 |     2 ||     8
 Stab: Sleeping          |     1 |     3 |     2 |     1 |     5 ||    12
       Invisible         |       |     4 |     2 |       |       ||     6
       Distracted        |       |       |     1 |     1 |     1 ||     3
       Confused          |       |       |       |     3 |     4 ||     7
       Petrified         |       |       |       |       |     4 ||     4
       Petrifying        |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | sanka, the Draconian Chaos Knight, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 1/1
   236 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 23/26 MP: 2/2
   339 | D:1      | XOM: harmless Pois miscast
   467 | D:1      | XOM: harmless Trmt miscast
   487 | D:1      | XOM: 2-stop teleportation journey
   506 | D:1      | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey
   562 | D:1      | Reached skill level 4 in Maces & Flails
   598 | D:1      | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
   703 | D:1      | XOM: give mutations
   703 | D:1      | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [Xom's grace]
   703 | D:1      | Gained mutation: Your digestive system is specialised to digest meat. [Xom's grace]
   703 | D:1      | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [Xom's grace]
   833 | D:1      | XOM: harmless Divn miscast
   985 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 27/31 MP: 3/3
   989 | D:1      | XOM is BORED!
   989 | D:1      | XOM: noise
  1185 | D:2      | XOM: silly message
  1244 | D:2      | XOM: mild Conj miscast
  1265 | D:2      | XOM: harmless Ice miscast
  1338 | D:2      | XOM is BORED!
  1338 | D:2      | XOM: medium Hex miscast
  1441 | D:2      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  1525 | D:2      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  1937 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 38/38 MP: 4/4
  1991 | D:3      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  2379 | D:3      | XOM: potion effect (invisibility)
  2416 | D:3      | Found a glowing drain.
  2433 | Sewer    | Entered a sewer
  2454 | Sewer    | Reached XP level 5. HP: 35/45 MP: 5/5
  2664 | Sewer    | XOM: summons friendly quasit
  2907 | Sewer    | XOM: polymorph ooze -> green rat
  2925 | Sewer    | Reached skill level 6 in Maces & Flails
  3024 | Sewer    | XOM: vitrification
  3100 | Sewer    | XOM: silly message
  3300 | D:3      | XOM: confuse monster(s)
  3485 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 44/51 MP: 6/6
  3775 | D:3      | HP: 11/51 [orc/glowing orcish flail (9)]
  3778 | D:3      | Reached skill level 7 in Maces & Flails
  4002 | D:4      | XOM: swap monsters
  4006 | D:4      | XOM: cast spell 'Stoneskin'
  4008 | D:4      | XOM: potion effect (speed)
  4077 | D:4      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  4215 | D:4      | Got a fine sling
  4216 | D:4      | Identified the +6,+2 sling of Bloody Death {venom, Int+2} (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)
  4263 | D:4      | XOM: harmless Tloc miscast
  4654 | D:4      | Reached skill level 8 in Maces & Flails
  4654 | D:4      | Your scales start taking on a glossy black colour.
  4654 | D:4      | Gained mutation: You are resistant to electric shocks. [draconian maturity]
  4654 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 49/57 MP: 7/7
  4745 | D:4      | XOM is BORED!
  4745 | D:4      | XOM: noise
  4812 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4822 | D:5      | XOM: silly message
  4879 | D:5      | Reached skill level 3 in Dodging
  5090 | D:5      | XOM: harmless Ice miscast
  5099 | D:5      | XOM: silly message
  5121 | D:5      | Reached skill level 4 in Dodging
  5309 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  5484 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 50/63 MP: 8/8
  5575 | D:5      | Identified a +0 rod of frigid destruction (11/11) (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)
  5603 | D:5      | XOM: mild Conj miscast
  5692 | D:5      | Reached skill level 6 in Dodging
  5780 | D:6      | XOM: harmless Necr miscast
  5922 | D:6      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  5961 | D:6      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  5977 | D:6      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  6002 | D:6      | Found Psafio's Gadget Shoppe.
  6057 | D:6      | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
  6060 | D:6      | Learned a level 2 spell: Swiftness
  6406 | D:6      | Reached skill level 7 in Dodging
  6546 | D:6      | XOM: harmless Hex miscast
  6564 | D:6      | XOM: potion effect (brilliance)
  6886 | D:6      | XOM: harmless Tloc miscast
  6993 | D:6      | XOM: silly message
  7103 | D:6      | XOM: potion effect (invisibility)
  7107 | D:6      | Reached skill level 8 in Dodging
  7111 | D:6      | XOM: potion effect (invisibility)
  7204 | D:6      | XOM: divination: detect creatures
  7207 | D:6      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  7405 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 65/70 MP: 9/9
  7462 | D:7      | Noticed Sigmund
  7634 | D:7      | Killed Sigmund
  7634 | D:7      | Reached skill level 9 in Dodging
  7647 | D:7      | XOM: harmless Hex miscast
  8045 | D:7      | Noticed a spriggan baker
  8053 | D:7      | Killed a spriggan baker
  8220 | D:8      | Identified a scroll of acquirement
  8266 | D:8      | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
  8445 | D:8      | Found Frodat's Assorted Antiques.
  8527 | D:8      | XOM: polymorph worker ant -> yellow wasp
  8528 | D:8      | XOM: noise
  8588 | D:8      | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
  8624 | D:8      | Found a sand-covered staircase.
  8692 | Ossuary  | Entered an ossuary
  8842 | Ossuary  | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
  9055 | Ossuary  | XOM: harmless Hex miscast
  9064 | Ossuary  | Noticed Menkaure
  9071 | Ossuary  | Killed Menkaure
  9071 | Ossuary  | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting
  9354 | D:8      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
  9363 | D:8      | Reached skill level 2 in Air Magic
  9385 | D:8      | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
  9387 | D:8      | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
  9406 | D:8      | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
  9498 | D:8      | XOM: harmless Pois miscast
  9556 | D:8      | Reached skill level 2 in Charms
  9556 | D:8      | Reached skill level 3 in Air Magic
  9673 | D:8      | XOM: harmless Trmt miscast
  9688 | D:8      | Reached skill level 4 in Air Magic
  9790 | D:8      | XOM: mild Conj miscast
 10267 | D:8      | XOM: medium Trmt miscast
 10625 | D:8      | XOM: give mutations
 10625 | D:8      | Lost mutation: Your digestive system is specialised to digest meat. [Xom's mischief]
 10625 | D:8      | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [Xom's mischief]
 10625 | D:8      | Gained mutation: You are clumsy. (Dex -2) [Xom's mischief]
 10730 | D:9      | Reached skill level 3 in Charms
 10730 | D:9      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 40/77 MP: 13/13
 10800 | D:8      | XOM: noise
 10907 | D:8      | XOM: mild Hex miscast
 10958 | D:9      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 11154 | D:9      | XOM: noise
 11318 | D:9      | XOM: potion effect (brilliance)
 11400 | D:9      | XOM: divination: detect creatures
 11430 | D:9      | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 11431 | D:9      | XOM: 2-stop teleportation journey
 11441 | D:9      | Reached skill level 11 in Dodging
 11608 | D:9      | XOM: swap monsters
 11628 | D:8      | HP: 14/77 [troll (19)]
 11709 | D:8      | XOM: god gift: 1590 gold pieces
 11921 | D:6      | XOM: god gift: runed war axe {god gift}
 11944 | D:6      | Bought a disc of storms for 1742 gold pieces
 12297 | D:9      | XOM: give mutation
 12297 | D:9      | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. [Xom's mischief]
 12460 | D:9      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
 12478 | D:9      | XOM: summons 5 friendly demons
 12551 | D:9      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
 12589 | D:9      | XOM: silly message
 12666 | D:9      | Reached skill level 12 in Dodging
 12821 | D:9      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 12865 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 13008 | D:9      | XOM: mild Pois miscast
 13033 | D:9      | Reached skill level 2 in Evocations
 13107 | D:9      | Reached skill level 3 in Evocations
 13365 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 13372 | Lair:1   | XOM: noise
 13389 | Lair:1   | Noticed a black mamba
 13480 | D:9      | Killed a black mamba
 13480 | D:9      | Reached skill level 4 in Evocations
 13528 | D:9      | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 13562 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 3 spell: Flight
 13566 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 3 spell: Static Discharge
 13714 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 13767 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 72/82 MP: 19/19
 13788 | D:10     | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
 13788 | D:10     | XOM: 2-stop teleportation journey
 13876 | D:10     | XOM: harmless Conj miscast
 14015 | D:10     | XOM: give mutations
 14015 | D:10     | Gained mutation: You are robust (+10% HP). [Xom's grace]
 14015 | D:10     | Gained mutation: You evolve. [Xom's grace]
 14015 | D:10     | Gained mutation: You have large cloven feet. [Xom's grace]
 14265 | D:10     | Noticed Maurice
 14267 | D:10     | XOM: blink monster(s)
 14280 | D:10     | Killed Maurice
 14316 | D:10     | Reached skill level 9 in Maces & Flails
 14562 | D:10     | XOM: severe Summ miscast
 14563 | D:10     | Noticed a blizzard demon
 14570 | D:10     | XOM: summons 11 friendly demons
 14625 | D:10     | Killed an unseen horror
 14674 | D:10     | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 14686 | D:10     | XOM: divine lightning
 14914 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
 14915 | D:10     | Noticed a four-headed hydra
 14916 | D:10     | Noticed a centaur warrior
 14919 | D:10     | Killed a four-headed hydra
 14919 | D:10     | Killed a centaur warrior
 14923 | D:10     | Noticed a cyclops
 14924 | D:10     | Reached skill level 11 in Maces & Flails
 14934 | D:10     | XOM: summons friendly iron imp
 14969 | D:10     | XOM: swap monsters
 14971 | D:10     | Killed a cyclops
 15242 | D:10     | Noticed a harpy
 15297 | D:10     | Gained mutation: You are covered in fur (AC +1). [evolution]
 15434 | Lair:1   | XOM: silly message
 15435 | Lair:1   | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 15448 | Lair:1   | XOM: harmless Ice miscast
 15617 | Lair:1   | XOM: noise
 15629 | Lair:1   | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 15660 | Lair:1   | Killed a seven-headed hydra
 15660 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 12 in Maces & Flails
 15794 | Lair:1   | XOM: harmless Divn miscast
 15943 | Lair:1   | XOM: polymorph shark -> komodo dragon
 15946 | Lair:1   | XOM: noise
 15975 | Lair:1   | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 16044 | Lair:1   | Gained mutation: You have hoof-like feet. [evolution]
 16138 | Lair:1   | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
 16156 | Lair:1   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 16159 | Lair:1   | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 16162 | Lair:1   | XOM: swap monsters
 16175 | Lair:1   | XOM: harmless Hex miscast
 16177 | Lair:1   | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 16185 | Lair:1   | Killed a six-headed hydra
 16185 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 97/97 MP: 20/20
 16195 | Lair:1   | XOM: cast spell 'Dragon Form'
 16198 | Lair:1   | XOM: summons 3 friendly demons
 16200 | Lair:1   | XOM: swap monsters
 16201 | Lair:1   | XOM: divination: detect items
 16210 | Lair:1   | HP: 23/145 [shark (22)]
 16472 | Lair:1   | Noticed a black mamba
 16476 | Lair:1   | XOM: medium Conj miscast
 16479 | Lair:1   | XOM: summons 2 friendly demons
 16482 | Lair:1   | XOM: divination: detect creatures
 16495 | Lair:1   | Killed a black mamba
 16495 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 13 in Maces & Flails
 16647 | Lair:1   | XOM: divination: detect creatures
 16755 | Lair:1   | XOM: harmless Necr miscast
 16892 | Lair:2   | XOM: give mutations
 16892 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You can breathe flames. [Xom's grace]
 16892 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments. [Xom's grace]
 16892 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You can spit poison. [Xom's grace]
 16928 | Lair:2   | XOM: god gift: chain mail {god gift}
 16977 | Lair:2   | XOM: summons 3 friendly demons
 16996 | Lair:2   | XOM: repel stairs
 17007 | Lair:2   | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey
 17018 | Lair:2   | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 17023 | Lair:2   | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
 17152 | Lair:2   | XOM: silly message
 17210 | Lair:2   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 17210 | Lair:2   | XOM: swap monsters
 17293 | Lair:2   | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 17322 | Lair:2   | XOM: god gift: gluggy white potion
 17371 | Lair:2   | XOM: harmless Trmt miscast
 17570 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant. [evolution]
 17651 | Lair:2   | a six-headed hydra changed into a catoblepas
 17651 | Lair:2   | XOM: polymorph six-headed hydra -> catoblepas
 17665 | Lair:2   | XOM: 6-stop teleportation journey
 17676 | Lair:2   | XOM: repel stairs
 17697 | Lair:2   | XOM: noise
 17708 | Lair:2   | XOM: medium Necr miscast
 17710 | Lair:2   | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 17749 | Lair:1   | XOM: torment (48/100 hp)
 17801 | Lair:1   | XOM: summons 3 hostile demons
 17838 | Lair:2   | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 17841 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 4 in Fighting
 18066 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 18464 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 14 in Maces & Flails
 18531 | Lair:3   | XOM: noise
 18535 | Lair:3   | XOM: mild Trmt miscast
 18536 | Lair:3   | XOM: god gift: 19 stones
 18618 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 18634 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting
 18655 | Lair:3   | XOM: polymorph black bear -> fire bat
 18719 | Lair:3   | XOM: summons friendly iron imp
 18891 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 7 in Fighting
 18956 | Lair:3   | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 19073 | Lair:3   | XOM: give mutations
 19073 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: You are very robust (+20% HP). [Xom's grace]
 19073 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: You can translocate small distances at will. [Xom's grace]
 19073 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: Your tail ends in a poisonous barb. [Xom's grace]
 19073 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: You have hooves in place of feet. [Xom's grace]
 19129 | Lair:3   | XOM: summons 4 friendly demons
 19201 | Lair:3   | XOM: vitrification
 19208 | Lair:3   | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 19580 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 19580 | Lair:4   | XOM: 7-stop teleportation journey
 19620 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 8 in Fighting
 19622 | Lair:4   | XOM: mild Pois miscast
 19638 | Lair:4   | Learned a level 3 spell: Ozocubu's Armour
 19666 | Lair:4   | XOM: mild Divn miscast
 19670 | Lair:4   | XOM: summons 6 hostile demons
 19704 | Lair:4   | the staircase to the Swamp was a mimic.
 19718 | Lair:4   | XOM: harmless Erth miscast
 19753 | Lair:4   | XOM: noise
 19875 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 1 in Ice Magic
 20044 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 2 in Spellcasting
 20303 | Lair:5   | XOM: polymorph blink frog -> formicid
 20308 | Lair:5   | XOM: blink monster(s)
 20312 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 4 in Charms
 20374 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 2 in Ice Magic
 20446 | Lair:5   | XOM: noise
 20451 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 101/128 MP: 21/21
 20566 | Lair:5   | XOM: blink monster(s)
 20734 | Lair:5   | Noticed a five-headed hydra
 20760 | Lair:5   | Killed a five-headed hydra
 20760 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 3 in Spellcasting
 20930 | Lair:5   | XOM: mild Pois miscast
 20975 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 3 in Ice Magic
 21107 | Lair:5   | XOM: noise
 21114 | Lair:5   | XOM: silly message
 21116 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
 21177 | Lair:5   | XOM: give mutations
 21177 | Lair:5   | Lost mutation: You are clumsy. (Dex -2) [Xom's mischief]
 21177 | Lair:5   | Lost mutation: You are very robust (+20% HP). [Xom's mischief]
 21177 | Lair:5   | Lost mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [Xom's mischief]
 21177 | Lair:5   | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [Xom's mischief]
 21276 | Lair:5   | Gained mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [evolution]
 21505 | Lair:6   | XOM: silly message
 21599 | Lair:6   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 21601 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 4 in Ice Magic
 21666 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 4 in Spellcasting
 21715 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 5 in Air Magic
 21780 | Lair:6   | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 21806 | Lair:6   | Got a transparent silver ring
 21807 | Lair:6   | Identified the ring of Surprise {-Cast rF+ Dex+3} (You found it on level 6 of the Lair of Beasts)
 21835 | Lair:6   | XOM: harmless Divn miscast
 21863 | Lair:6   | XOM: noise
 21868 | Lair:6   | XOM: mild Chrm miscast
 21871 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 1 in Conjurations
 21905 | Lair:6   | XOM: blink monster(s)
 21908 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 6 in Air Magic
 21953 | Lair:6   | XOM is BORED!
 21953 | Lair:6   | XOM: mild Divn miscast
 22382 | Lair:6   | XOM: noise
 22562 | Lair:7   | XOM: summons 2 hostile shadow creatures
 23089 | Lair:7   | XOM: harmless Trmt miscast
 23245 | Lair:7   | XOM: silly message
 23379 | Lair:7   | XOM: colour smoke trail
 23449 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 23461 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 9 in Fighting
 23632 | Lair:8   | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 23636 | Lair:7   | XOM: harmless Ice miscast
 23844 | Lair:8   | XOM: cast spell 'Stoneskin'
 23873 | Lair:8   | XOM: noise
 23957 | Lair:8   | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 23971 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 24021 | Lair:8   | XOM: 2-stop teleportation journey
 24104 | Lair:8   | XOM: god gift: scroll of curse jewellery
 24122 | Lair:8   | Noticed Rupert
 24152 | Lair:8   | XOM: summons friendly crimson imp
 24174 | Lair:8   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 24239 | Lair:8   | XOM: give mutations
 24239 | Lair:8   | Gained mutation: You passively map a small area around you. [Xom's grace]
 24239 | Lair:8   | Gained mutation: You can spit moderately strong poison. [Xom's grace]
 24239 | Lair:8   | Gained mutation: Your flesh is very cold resistant. [Xom's grace]
 24289 | Lair:8   | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey
 24362 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 13 in Dodging
 24408 | Lair:8   | XOM: mild Hex miscast
 24450 | Lair:8   | XOM: noise
 24753 | Lair:8   | Noticed a dire elephant
 24897 | Lair:8   | Killed a dire elephant
 25045 | Lair:8   | Noticed a dire elephant
 25045 | Lair:8   | Noticed a dire elephant
 25049 | Lair:8   | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
 25073 | Lair:8   | XOM: summons friendly ufetubus
 25094 | Lair:8   | XOM: mild Pois miscast
 25100 | Lair:8   | Noticed a dire elephant
 25103 | Lair:8   | XOM: noise
 25104 | Lair:8   | XOM: summons friendly crimson imp
 25116 | Lair:8   | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 25119 | Lair:8   | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
 25132 | Lair:8   | XOM: summons friendly ufetubus
 25146 | Lair:7   | XOM: god gift: dagger {god gift}
 25253 | Lair:8   | Identified a +5 rod of fiery destruction (13/13) (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 25369 | Lair:8   | Noticed a dire elephant
 25381 | Lair:8   | Killed a dire elephant
 25381 | Lair:8   | Gained mutation: Your wings are large and strong. [draconian growth]
 25381 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 102/134 MP: 24/24
 25582 | Lair:7   | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
 25899 | D:10     | XOM: medium Summ miscast
 26163 | D:10     | Killed a blizzard demon
 26392 | D:11     | Found Pnycset's Assorted Antiques.
 26432 | D:11     | XOM: colour smoke trail
 26436 | D:11     | Noticed Josephine
 26448 | D:11     | XOM: harmless Pois miscast
 26453 | D:11     | Killed Josephine
 26453 | D:11     | Reached skill level 11 in Fighting
 26647 | D:11     | XOM: silly message
 26657 | D:11     | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
 26707 | D:11     | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
 26742 | D:11     | XOM: noise
 26797 | D:11     | XOM: divination: magic mapping
 26798 | D:11     | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 26848 | D:11     | Got a polished shield
 26857 | D:11     | Identified the +1 shield of the Ditch-Digger {+Rage +Fly rF+ Stlth+} (You found it on level 11 of the Dungeon)
 26944 | D:11     | XOM: divination: detect items
 26946 | D:11     | XOM: harmless Divn miscast
 27302 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 27317 | D:11     | Noticed Sonja
 27329 | D:11     | Killed Sonja
 27358 | D:11     | Noticed Erica
 27366 | D:11     | Killed Erica
 27603 | D:9      | XOM: divination: detect creatures
 27647 | D:10     | XOM: summons 5 hostile demons
 27719 | D:11     | XOM: mild Ice miscast
 27775 | D:11     | XOM: harmless Divn miscast
 27890 | D:11     | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
 28026 | D:11     | Found Psitt's Armour Boutique.
 28028 | D:11     | Found Ghothiff's General Store.
 28045 | D:11     | XOM: cast spell 'Summon Horrible Things'
 28048 | D:11     | XOM: severe Pois miscast
 28199 | D:12     | XOM: blink monster(s)
 28232 | D:12     | XOM: blink monster(s)
 28239 | D:12     | XOM: noise
 28242 | D:12     | XOM: mild Chrm miscast
 28245 | D:12     | Reached skill level 12 in Fighting
 28436 | D:11     | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 28453 | D:11     | Reached skill level 14 in Dodging
 28547 | D:12     | XOM: noise
 28553 | D:12     | XOM: potion effect (brilliance)
 28554 | D:12     | XOM: noise
 28561 | D:12     | XOM: inner flame monster(s)
 28572 | D:12     | XOM: potion effect (brilliance)
 28674 | D:12     | Got a slimy great sword
 28675 | D:12     | Identified the +7,+10 great sword "Vusewuoto" {vamp, rPois SInv} (You found it on level 12 of the Dungeon)
 28693 | D:11     | XOM: mild Divn miscast
 29095 | D:12     | Found Pnau's Armour Emporium.
 29275 | D:12     | Lost mutation: Your tail ends in a poisonous barb. [evolution]
 29369 | D:12     | XOM: vitrification
 29461 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 29537 | Orc:1    | XOM: give mutations
 29537 | Orc:1    | Lost mutation: You can spit moderately strong poison. [Xom's mischief]
 29537 | Orc:1    | Lost mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [Xom's mischief]
 29537 | Orc:1    | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. [Xom's mischief]
 29537 | Orc:1    | Lost mutation: You can spit poison. [Xom's mischief]
 29589 | Orc:1    | XOM: mild Fire miscast
 29630 | Orc:1    | XOM: 2-stop teleportation journey
 29661 | Orc:1    | XOM: god gift: metal-bound book {god gift}
 30155 | Orc:2    | XOM: vitrification
 30668 | Orc:1    | XOM: cast spell 'Cause Fear'
 30744 | Orc:1    | XOM: vitrification
 31012 | Orc:3    | XOM: divination: magic mapping
 31023 | Orc:3    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 31098 | Orc:2    | XOM: colour smoke trail
 31112 | Orc:3    | Noticed Psyche
 31121 | Orc:3    | Killed Psyche
 31204 | Orc:3    | XOM: cast spell 'Dragon Form'
 31235 | Orc:2    | XOM: 2-stop teleportation journey
 31238 | Orc:2    | XOM: vitrification
 31294 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 31355 | Orc:4    | XOM: polymorph orc warrior -> worker ant
 31423 | Orc:4    | XOM: god gift: runed battleaxe {god gift}
 31507 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc warlord
 31509 | Orc:4    | XOM: enchant monster (good)
 31567 | Orc:3    | XOM: vitrification
 31699 | Orc:3    | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey
 31914 | Orc:4    | XOM: divination: magic mapping
 31923 | Orc:4    | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 31927 | Orc:4    | Killed an orc warlord
 31927 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 13 in Fighting
 32048 | Orc:4    | XOM: confuse monster(s)
 32258 | Orc:4    | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey
 32301 | Orc:4    | XOM: swap weapons
 32570 | Orc:4    | Found Ankoq's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 32570 | Orc:4    | Found Zyasin's Gadget Boutique.
 32571 | Orc:4    | Found Waxoasen's Magic Scroll Shop.
 32619 | Orc:4    | Found Esaifogi's Food Shop.
 33086 | Orc:4    | XOM: give mutation
 33086 | Orc:4    | Lost mutation: You can translocate small distances at will. [Xom's mischief]
 33651 | Orc:3    | XOM: god gift: morningstar {god gift}
 33671 | Orc:3    | XOM: vitrification
 33771 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of acquirement for 624 gold pieces
 33989 | D:11     | XOM: silly message
 34075 | D:9      | XOM: give mutations
 34075 | D:9      | Gained mutation: You are highly resistant to hostile enchantments. [Xom's grace]
 34075 | D:9      | Gained mutation: You are covered in thick fur (AC +2). [Xom's grace]
 34075 | D:9      | Gained mutation: Your flesh is almost immune to the effects of cold. [Xom's grace]
 34075 | D:9      | Gained mutation: You are extremely resistant to the effects of hostile enchantments. [Xom's grace]

Vanquished Creatures
  An orc warlord (Orc:4)
  A blizzard demon (D:10)
  2 dire elephants (Lair:8)
  Josephine (D:11)
  5 hydras
  Erica (D:11)
  An anaconda (Lair:8)
  4 death yaks
  4 orc high priests (Orc:4)
  5 centaur warriors
  A catoblepas (Lair:2)
  An unseen horror (D:10)
  A swamp dragon (Lair:3)
  3 hill giants
  An orc knight (D:11)
  3 orc sorcerers (Orc:4)
  3 cyclopes
  2 griffons
  13 elephants
  5 black mambas
  Maurice (D:10)
  Psyche (Orc:3)
  3 feature mimics
  10 spiny frogs
  A fire drake (Lair:8)
  A queen bee (Lair:2)
  A hydra zombie (D:9)
  A blue devil (Orc:4)
  Sonja (D:11)
  A spriggan (D:7)
  5 slime creatures
  2 two-headed ogres
  5 komodo dragons
  4 trolls
  A baby alligator (Lair:3)
  3 blink frogs (Lair:5)
  A boulder beetle (Lair:8)
  A formicid (Lair:5)
  A basilisk (Lair:8)
  A redback (shapeshifter) (D:10)
  2 grizzly bears
  2 wyverns
  An elephant slug (Lair:7)
  2 wraiths
  4 sharks
  47 yaks
  A fire bat (shapeshifter) (Lair:3)
  6 hippogriffs
  A deep elf fighter (D:11)
  A hill giant skeleton (D:9)
  Menkaure (Ossuary)
  30 wolves
  A soldier ant (D:12)
  A freezing wraith (D:10)
  11 porcupines
  A necrophage (D:11)
  A black bear (Lair:2)
  A boring beetle (Lair:8)
  4 giant goldfish
  5 sky beasts
  A yellow wasp (D:7)
  2 phantoms
  12 ogres
  A blink frog skeleton (D:11)
  11 centaurs
  34 orc warriors
  17 crocodiles
  4 ice beasts
  2 big kobolds
  Sigmund (D:7)
  13 giant frogs
  8 giant slugs
  4 water moccasins
  A manticore zombie (D:11)
  7 agate snails
  4 wargs (Orc:1)
  2 eyes of draining
  A wyvern skeleton (D:7)
  10 wights
  23 killer bees
  2 jellyfish (Lair:1)
  9 crimson imps
  A goliath beetle (D:8)
  7 electric eels
  11 hounds
  2 quasits
  7 spiders (Lair:6)
  2 big fish (D:9)
  2 gnoll shamans
  5 jellies
  5 iron imps
  40 orc priests
  18 worker ants
  A hippogriff simulacrum (D:11)
  3 iguanas
  46 orc wizards
  A scorpion (D:9)
  14 sheep
  An ogre skeleton (D:11)
  A worker ant zombie (D:11)
  3 mummies (Ossuary)
  5 orc zombies
  9 gnolls
  59 green rats
  2 lemures
  3 shadow imps
  2 white imps
  20 adders
  3 giant centipedes
  An inept item mimic (D:4)
  2 giant mites (Sewer)
  A worker ant simulacrum (D:11)
  9 worms
  2 ufetubi
  An iguana skeleton (D:11)
  2 grey rats (D:3)
  A scorpion zombie (D:5)
  6 oozes
  4 giant eyeballs
  12 giant geckos
  195 orcs
  A bat skeleton (D:6)
  7 giant cockroaches
  22 goblins
  18 hobgoblins
  A jackal (shapeshifter) (Sewer)
  30 jackals
  15 quokkas
  4 ball pythons
  31 bats
  10 giant newts
  A giant newt skeleton (D:5)
  A gnoll skeleton (Ossuary)
  5 gnoll zombies (Ossuary)
  2 goblin skeletons (Ossuary)
  6 goblin zombies (Ossuary)
  2 hobgoblin skeletons (Ossuary)
  A hobgoblin zombie (Ossuary)
  A jackal skeleton (D:4)
  32 kobolds
  3 kobold skeletons (Ossuary)
  2 kobold zombies
  2 orc skeletons (Ossuary)
  28 rats
  2 rat skeletons (Ossuary)
  A rat zombie (Ossuary)
  2 fungi
  2 plants (Lair:8)
1136 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  A spiny frog (Lair:2)
  A centaur zombie (D:10)
  A troll (Orc:2)
  A yak (D:11)
  2 wolves
  A porcupine (Lair:3)
  An orc warrior (Orc:2)
  A crocodile (D:10)
  3 wights (D:10)
  A big fish (D:9)
  A jelly (D:9)
  3 orc priests
  An iguana (D:10)
  An adder (Lair:3)
  6 orcs
  A quokka (Lair:2)
  A rat (D:10)
27 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A wizard (D:11)
  An orc warrior (D:10)
  An iron imp (D:10)
  A hound (D:8)
  A quasit (Lair:1)
  A lemure (D:9)
  2 shadow imps
  A white imp (Lair:1)
  3 ufetubi
  An orc (Orc:3)
  A gnoll skeleton (Ossuary)
  3 goblin skeletons (Ossuary)
  A goblin zombie (Ossuary)
  3 hobgoblin skeletons (Ossuary)
  3 hobgoblin zombies (Ossuary)
  A kobold skeleton (Ossuary)
  A kobold zombie (Ossuary)
  3 orc skeletons (Ossuary)
  2 orc zombies (Ossuary)
  2 rat skeletons (Ossuary)
  3 rat zombies (Ossuary)
  7 fungi (Lair:8)
  6 plants
49 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 1212 creatures vanquished

I really hope that this is the game that counts for the contest, because this is the farthest I have ever got with a Chaos Knight.

Now I wonder what to train (maybe after a bit of fighting/dodging/evocations): air for tornado or long blades for this awesome great sword? Both seems to be a lot of xp, and long blades seems to be superfluous with maces skill (although maybe it's useful to have more than one weapon skill in case Xom changes your weapon with the enemies' :-) But I see nothing else that worth to train for.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 14:34

sanka wrote:Now I wonder what to train (maybe after a bit of fighting/dodging/evocations): air for tornado or long blades for this awesome great sword?

Ordinarily I would say it's too late to switch weapons, but yeah that is a pretty amazing weapon and it might be worth thinking about using it. To mitigate the xp cost, you could consider switching to a god like Oka (for heroism) or Ash (for skill boost/reskilling).

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 14:40

Unfortunately I try to do the challenge, which means I stay with Xom all game or I die. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 15:12

Well, Xom was certainly frisky on that run, turning the whole game into an episode of Benny Hill starring inner flamed adders and my hapless character. I was only XL2 when I died, so another chance to experience this madness. I hardly ever play CK, so this is knockabout fun.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 15:17

Code:
  2937 | D:4      | HP: 2/48 [poisoned by a scorpion]
  2939 | D:4      | XOM: confusion
  2942 | D:4      | Xom revived you
  2949 | D:4      | XOM: summons 2 hostile demons
  2951 | D:4      | HP: 2/48 [poisoned by a scorpion]
  2951 | D:4      | Slain by an orc wizard

The worst part was, my amulet of stasis wasn't even cursed when I put it on -- I was read-iding scrolls and it got cursed. I guess I need to remember to take off all possibly bad jewellery before doing that; I sure am glad the id game is so fun.

For this message the author wheals has received thanks:
crate

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 19:33

Just got splatted at XL3 with 96% exp. Lucky as hell. Thank you for efficient murder Mr. Orc Priest
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 23:12

JUST WHAT THE DOCTA ORDERED

take it easy

For this message the author Cheibrodos has received thanks:
nago

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 3rd February 2014, 23:20

I tried to escape with the blink mutation xom gave me, but FAILED THE SIXTEEN PERCENT CHANCE and died immediately.

This combo was 2zany4me, maybe you should have considered skipping this roll for the competition. Oh well.
take it easy

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 00:11

Cheibrodos wrote:I tried to escape with the blink mutation xom gave me, but FAILED THE SIXTEEN PERCENT CHANCE and died immediately.

This combo was 2zany4me, maybe you should have considered skipping this roll for the competition. Oh well.

Well, on the bright side CK will not be a background from here on out. So there's that.

On the other hand... Losing Draconian is a bit rough since it is such a good species. Oh well.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 00:27

had an ok start, found a staff of venom on d1 which i thought could be a cool thing to use for the early rPois and possibly poison of my own and a book of wizardry which would come in useful later on.

too bad as soon as i hit XL4 xom decided to teleport me into a pack of orcs. oh, and confuse me too for the heck of it. i died before my confusion even wore off, tried to quaff random potions hoping for a cure but all i got was paralysis. at least xom had a blast...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 00:34

Bah, Xom nailed me too,

After hasting a yak in front of me, then blinking a hill giant behind me in a corridor I was retreating down (On D:10, hadn't found lair yet), I managed to Teleport away with 10 hps, however while fleeing the yak pack (and hippogriff) I ended up next to after teleporting, he blinked me up close and personal with three of them (with the pack between me and the stairs I was headed for), I still managed to take two steps after reading ?tele again, but energy randomization let them catch me and take away my last few hps.

Man, Xom got *active* there at the end:
  Code:
 10163 | D:10     | XOM: vitrification
 10244 | D:10     | XOM: mild Fire miscast
 10414 | D:10     | XOM: colour smoke trail
 10564 | D:10     | XOM: mild Pois miscast
 10565 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 10570 | D:10     | XOM: enchant monster (bad)
 10574 | D:10     | XOM: blink monster(s)
 10576 | D:10     | XOM: medium Divn miscast
 10599 | D:10     | XOM: noise
 10601 | D:10     | XOM: summons 3 friendly demons
 10618 | D:10     | HP: 1/72 [hippogriff (7)]
 10625 | D:10     | XOM: swap monsters
 10626 | D:10     | HP: 3/72 [yak (8)]
 10631 | D:10     | Slain by a yak
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 00:53

and into wrote:On the other hand... Losing Draconian is a bit rough since it is such a good species. Oh well.

The nice side of bad combos is the prospect of being able to possibly win a round of the challenge merely by winning a 3 runer.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 01:13

Or even merely grabbing a rune. One thing is for certain, the win rate will drop a bit after this challenge.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 02:12

Well consider me another victim of Xom's maliciousness. Shortly after xl4 he summoned two white imps in melee. I had no means of escape, so I died. :?

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 06:30

Xom really is taking a toll, he must be so happy this week :D

Made it to lair yesterday (currently XL 12) and decided that I'll try to get the abyssal rune as my first one. We'll see how it plays out...

Does anybody of you guys know if the amulet of clarity prevents Xom's confusion effect? Or is it irresistible?

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 07:25

As far as I know, clarity does help with Xom confusion now.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 07:29

WalkerBoh wrote:As far as I know, clarity does help with Xom confusion now.

A definite answer would be appreciated. It will decide whether it's worth buying the amulet or not...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th February 2014, 07:51

It does.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Tedronai
Next

Return to The Dart Board