Is the Gitorious repository down? (Update: It's fixed!)

Questions, Explanations, Howtos

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 15th July 2011, 02:46

Is the Gitorious repository down? (Update: It's fixed!)

I've had a clone of the gitorious.org/crawl repository working perfectly for months and have pulled updates on a daily basis, but since a few hours ago, all I've been getting is "fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer" interspersed with the occasional "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly". Online git documentation suggests that this can be caused by network connectivity and authorization issues. I've had svn/cvs repositories inexplicably fail before, with the best remedy being to check them out again, but git clone fails similarly for the git:// repository and just hangs for http://. Because nothing has changed on my side (that I can tell), I'm guessing it's on the server.

Does anyone know if Gitorious or the hosted Crawl repository is under maintenance or whether the repository location has changed?

Is anyone else having problems?
Last edited by rriegs on Friday, 15th July 2011, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 15th July 2011, 03:12

Re: Is the Gitorious repository down?

A quick follow up: Turns out that the http:// repository wasn't hanging, but simply taking much longer than I was used to waiting for git://. I've managed to clone it and (after a few submodule adjustments, as suggested in a recent post) it's working fine. Still, though, git:// isn't able to clone or pull.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 15th July 2011, 07:11

Glad to see I'm not the only one... it started yesterday for me, git pull just doesn't work and gives your same error.

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 15th July 2011, 12:36

...and it's fixed. Glad to see it up and running again.

Return to Coding