Weapon Modifications

Questions, Explanations, Howtos

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 00:24

Weapon Modifications

I am currently modding stone soup 0.14.1 for personal purposes and have only a basic idea of what I am doing. Currently I am trying to add to the weaponry as sort of a demo per say to see if I can figure it out. here some examples

{ WPN_CROSSBOW_LIGHT, "light crossbow", 3, 4, 11, 120, 3,
SK_CROSSBOWS, HANDS_TWO, SIZE_MEDIUM, MI_BOLT,
DAMV_NON_MELEE, 10 },

{ WPN_STONEBOW, "stonebow", 2, 3, 10, 120, 3,
SK_CROSSBOWS, HANDS_TWO, SIZE_MEDIUM, MI_STONE,
DAMV_NON_MELEE, 10 },

Is acquire_weight the item rarity or is it the item weight? How is that controlled?

Also an "for idiots" step by step video for compiling would be awesome. I just want to know how to take the source file and turn it into a .exe file, or whatever makes crawl run.

If I can figure this out I will see if I can get help with making more armour slots. (Ex, lower body, upper body (One that takes up both for chain hauberks), hands, feet, head. Also how to make it so certain body parts make certain armour unavailable.)

Any Help would be highly appreciated!

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 03:52

Re: Weapon Modifications

acquire_weight is used to affect how often acquirement gives the weapon.

I suggest you perform your development on an Ubuntu virtual machine, rather than directly on windows. Setting up an environment that can compile DCSS on windows is not particularly enjoyable.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 01:23

acquire_weight is used to affect how often acquirement gives the weapon.

I suggest you perform your development on an Ubuntu virtual machine, rather than directly on windows. Setting up an environment that can compile DCSS on windows is not particularly enjoyable.

If you don't mid telling me EXACTLY how to go about doing this that would be awesome. I hate asking people to spoon feed me, but in this regard I am clueless. I just want to manually write changes in a text file and run the game. Dwarf fortress has spoiled me.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 24th January 2016, 00:57

dmanx500 wrote:Also an "for idiots" step by step video for compiling would be awesome. I just want to know how to take the source file and turn it into a .exe file, or whatever makes crawl run.

Well, it's not in video form, but the instructions for getting the source code and compiling on various systems are in INSTALL.txt.

Return to Coding