Help Porting to 3DS

Questions, Explanations, Howtos

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 14th October 2015, 18:12

Help Porting to 3DS

I've been working on an interface to allow for comfortable full keyboard control on the 3DS, but I don't know where to send the inputs or what data type to use.

I also have no idea how to get it to compile using ctrulib. Pretty sure it can, I just don't know how I'd go about compiling a large project like this to a .3dsx file.

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 01:33

Re: Help Porting to 3DS

Do you mean porting crawl to 3DS? Seems like this is more of a 3DS question then anything relating to crawl; this isn't a general coding forum. I'm not sure people here have interest/experience in 3DS coding. It's been about two weeks so I'd say probably not; try a more specific 3DS forum?

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 5th November 2015, 03:53

Re: Help Porting to 3DS

tasonir wrote:Do you mean porting crawl to 3DS? Seems like this is more of a 3DS question then anything relating to crawl; this isn't a general coding forum. I'm not sure people here have interest/experience in 3DS coding. It's been about two weeks so I'd say probably not; try a more specific 3DS forum?
Most of what I wanted to know was where inputs are accepted(not executed), where display was output for the console version, and some help editing the makefile. EDIT: And to see if there was any general interest.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to port DC:SS cleanly right now. C++ vectors aren't supported by ctrulib, and I've seen them in several places just glancing over the code.

So, unless somebody with a lot of experience wants to do the heavy lifting I've shelved the project for now.

Return to Coding