Post Wednesday, 15th January 2014, 03:48

Developing Roguelikes with libtcod

Hello,

I know this forum is typicaly for modding and coding crawl, but i believe this community knows its stuff when it comes to roguelikes, and their developement. If it doesn't belong or has a more appropriate place, please let me know, so that i may take the proper action.

I would like to work on developing more roguelikes. I haven been developing roguelikes in other languages, mainly in python and java. I have pretty extensive knoledge in programming, but have not done alot of work in C++. I want to port one of my roguelikes to C++ and the libtcod engine, instead of my kinda homebrewed console engine. All of the tutorials that are made for it, are outdated and i cant get the dependancies to work, and i cant get a hello world program up.

I would like to start developing in ubunru, I'm running 13.10 Saucy. If somebody could point me in the correct direction for a setup guide that will get my dependencies working, as well as a hello world program. I will definately try this out and report back. I would like it if you guys could help me out.

thanks.