Looking for a favor

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 29th July 2013, 16:57

Looking for a favor

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to find someone to review a patch submission. It displays monster spells when the monster is examined using the "xv" command. If the monster has multiple books, the message says that the monster "has mastered one of the following books" and lists the spells in each book. (This was to avoid spoiling the player about which version of certain monsters they were facing.)

The patch works and is well-commented. But I'm new, so I could still have missed some detail.

So far, on IRC, I found one person who pointed out some formatting errors, and another who said they didn't have time but I could get back to them in the future. Before bugging person #2 again, I thought I'd try here. :)

For this message the author cjo has received thanks: 2
rosstin, some12fat2move

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 29th July 2013, 17:12

Re: Looking for a favor

Sounds like a great patch, it's likely to get accepted. Post it on mantis, there's a category for patches.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 29th July 2013, 17:33

galehar wrote:Sounds like a great patch, it's likely to get accepted. Post it on mantis, there's a category for patches.

Galehar, it's on mantis: https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=6579 ,but I posted it as a response rather than as a separate entry. Should I repost it?

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 29th July 2013, 20:23

Oh right, I forgot about the implementable. No need to create a new mantis entry then. You did the right thing by posting it here. Keep bugging folks in ##crawl-dev from time to time and be patient :)
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
cjo

Return to Contributions