TR rebalanced.

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 3rd April 2013, 21:42

TR rebalanced.

One of the threads on GDD said TR was overpowered because you ended up building a huge army, and that the monsters requiring corpses to heal would help.
I went and coded it up.
Basically, abominations don't heal over time, but if they combine with a crawling corpse, they heal for 1/10 of their health.
Here's a link:
https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=6871
If there's any problems, please let me know.
EDIT
I just found a problem. The abominations never stop absorbing corpses, even if at full health. I'll probably have to do something about that.
EDIT EDIT
Kay, problem's fixed now.
Last edited by khalil on Thursday, 4th April 2013, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 4th April 2013, 17:24

Re: TR rebalanced.

If you want to contribute to crawl's development, you really need to learn the basics of git. There's some docs in docs/develop/git.
Once configured, creating a patch is incredibly simple.

Code:
hack hack
git commit -a
git format-patch -1
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
BlackSheep

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 4th April 2013, 19:06

galehar wrote:If you want to contribute to crawl's development, you really need to learn the basics of git. There's some docs in docs/develop/git.

Code:
hack hack
git commit -a
git format-patch -1

I tried that when I was making my mummy memories thing and it kept throwing in changes that I didn't want to be bundled with it.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 4th April 2013, 20:31

khalil wrote:
galehar wrote:If you want to contribute to crawl's development, you really need to learn the basics of git. There's some docs in docs/develop/git.

Code:
hack hack
git commit -a
git format-patch -1

I tried that when I was making my mummy memories thing and it kept throwing in changes that I didn't want to be bundled with it.

In that case, either clean up your working directory with "git reset HEAD --hard" or add the files you want to commit with "git add file1 file2", then just "git commit". Or directly "git commit file1 file2".
Seriously, learn it. It's very very useful.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 4th April 2013, 21:59

galehar wrote:
khalil wrote:

Code:
hack hack
git commit -a
git format-patch -1

In that case, either clean up your working directory with "git reset HEAD --hard" or add the files you want to commit with "git add file1 file2", then just "git commit". Or directly "git commit file1 file2".
Seriously, learn it. It's very very useful.

Thanks. I'll try.
At the very least grep will let me find stuff without pestering the fourms once I figure out how to use it.

Return to Contributions