Spiders!

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 25th February 2011, 17:01

Spiders!

I've codded wall clinging for monster spiders. The implementation is finished (barring a few bugs and polishing as usual). I'd like to see it put to good use, so I've requested new portal vaults for spiders. It would be nice to have wall clinging spiders drawn from the side too, so I've requested tiles for that. I haven't coded it yet, but I know how to do it.
Thanks to vault designers and tile artists!
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 25th February 2011, 18:38

Re: Spiders!

Weird, both your links lead to vaults request. I can't find tile request =/

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 25th February 2011, 19:25

oops. Fixed :)
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 26th March 2011, 18:29

I gave giant mites, giant cockroaches and giant geckoes wall-clinging. Basing a sewer map around these monsters (with perhaps a spider "boss" (a normal spider or perhaps a tarntella)) would be doable.

--Eino

For this message the author evktalo has received thanks:
galehar

7hm

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 27th March 2011, 05:33

evktalo wrote:I gave giant mites, giant cockroaches and giant geckoes wall-clinging. Basing a sewer map around these monsters (with perhaps a spider "boss" (a normal spider or perhaps a tarntella)) would be doable.

--Eino

It would make more sense to leave the spiders in Spider wouldn't it?

Or remove spider I guess. If wall clinging is common in sewer and uses the same monsters (with less spiders, but still some) what's the point to spider as it stands? I understand the point if it were to become a branch (cuz it's not like hive is all that interesting / special either), but as a portal it's pretty tame, and this would take away some of the flavour.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 27th March 2011, 14:56

7hm wrote:
evktalo wrote:I gave giant mites, giant cockroaches and giant geckoes wall-clinging. Basing a sewer map around these monsters (with perhaps a spider "boss" (a normal spider or perhaps a tarntella)) would be doable.

--Eino

Or remove spider I guess. If wall clinging is common in sewer and uses the same monsters (with less spiders, but still some) what's the point to spider as it stands? I understand the point if it were to become a branch (cuz it's not like hive is all that interesting / special either), but as a portal it's pretty tame, and this would take away some of the flavour.

There's more to spiders than just wall clinging. And the plan is to have a branch. All new branches start as portal vault.

7hm

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 27th March 2011, 20:39

galehar wrote:
7hm wrote:

--Eino

There's more to spiders than just wall clinging. And the plan is to have a branch. All new branches start as portal vault.

I know. I think the better solution is to leave spiders out of sewer. It has a pretty good theme right now with the rats, the assorted dirty bugs and the kobolds.

Perhaps some sort of low powered (or actual) demonic crawlers would be a good sewer boss fit. Those seem like a better fit for sewer... though maybe a bit high powered.

Return to Contributions