"affirmation" in a macro

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 12th October 2012, 04:24

"affirmation" in a macro

Currently, I use macros for eating. One is 'cey' which I spam over corpses. One thing I make sure of is that my inventory letter 'y' is not assigned to permafood, in case something goes wrong while spamming the macro. If 'y' is something like bread, the macro could accidently consume a large amount of permafood, so I have figured out a way around that. What this macro will not prevent is moving diagonally accidentally. Now, if my character has nausea, if I accidentally hit the macro my character will get the message about not having a corpse to butcher {c}, not having the stomach to eat {e}, and will then move diagonally {y}. What I would like to see is a "/{27}" like command that can be inserted into macros that answers "yes" or "no" to an appropriate question, instead of having to resort to two letters that could incorrectly move the character in a way they don't want to be moved. Nausea preventing eating and breaking a macro is not *that* bad of a thing, but it would be really nice to affirm yes/no questions via macros in ways that do not accidentally cause undesired behavior.

And no, the answer is not "watch out for nausea before you press your macros!!!!!" Eating is sadly still not worth the time it takes up in this game to not macro it.
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 12th October 2012, 08:38

Re: "affirmation" in a macro

or you could just use auto_eat_chunks and easy_eat_chunks
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Contributions