Translations

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 12th June 2013, 10:17

Re: Translations

lordfrikk wrote:The point of an in-game toggle is that the player becomes aware of the option without having to dig through the documentation.

You could say that about all options. Yes, an in-game menu option would be nice, but it's a lot of work. And I don't think it would be good to just hack an in-game toggle for a single option.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 12th June 2013, 10:34

By an in-game toggle I meant a screen that would be shown before the main menu that would allow you to choose language, with a notice that it can later be changed in the config. Hardly would I advocate having an option for things like auto_switch, easy_open, easy_unequip etc. which have an effect on a tiny part of the game whereas language affects the whole game no matter the playstyle.

As I said, I think it would be a good start to document the option and when, and if, multiple translations are finished I'd start considering the language toggle in the game. It probably is too early for that with the current state of translations.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 28th August 2013, 14:49

I don't want to necropost, but I'm an italian native willing to help translating the game. All I need is to be accepted in the italian team.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 28th August 2013, 14:52

pratolli wrote:I don't want to necropost, but I'm an italian native willing to help translating the game. All I need is to be accepted in the italian team.

Done!
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
pratolli

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 20:21

I'd like to help with the Dutch translation, and I've already sent a request to join the team. However, it seems Ziggy (the coordinator) hasn't been active for ~3 months. Could someone else put me in that team?
(my Transifex name is "Lokkij")

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 4th September 2013, 20:24

Lokkij wrote:I'd like to help with the Dutch translation, and I've already sent a request to join the team. However, it seems Ziggy (the coordinator) hasn't been active for ~3 months. Could someone else put me in that team?
(my Transifex name is "Lokkij")

Done.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 00:44

I'd like to request an opening of the Swedish translation on Transifex. I requested this on Transifex, but it looks like I should have come here first. While I'm only able to handle simple conversations in Swedish, my girlfriend is fluent; since she's always trying to push me to learn more (and she likes to keep here fluency in all the many languages she speaks from getting rusty) I'm sure I'll be able to get her on as a reviewer as well. Let me know if I can get to work on this. Thank you much.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 01:08

jackwayneright, your pm on Transifex got through to me. Sorry I missed your request announcement in my feed, I usually catch those. Swedish is started now and you're the head of it. Thanks for contributing and happy translating!

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 02:55

No problem on the delay at all! Thanks for managing everything in general. And thanks for adding Swedish!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 12:58

I usually handle team creation request too on transifex, but I'm a bit busy lately. Your first translations are in trunk now though.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 3rd September 2014, 07:20

I wanted to give a shot in polish translation, because it seems incomplete and a bit outdated, but this ->https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dcss/<- shows me bad link error. Am I doing something wrong?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 5th September 2014, 05:19

Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 6th September 2014, 09:18

I'm interested in helping with greek translation(I'm greek yay!). I'm a little lost right now so if anyone can give me any advice on how to get started and inform me of the way translation is done here, I'd very much appreciate it.
Previous

Return to Contributions