RL Tiles projet

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 15th February 2012, 13:33

RL Tiles projet

Hello everyone

I've tried to contact itakura (as his email was at the bottom of the http://rltiles.sourceforge.net/ page), but he hasn't answer so far

I was wondering why so much tile from crawl was not in the project. Is it on purpose or does the project need to be updated ?
As i plan to use those tiles in a personnal project (I know, it is wrong to post in contribution forum to speak about another project :) ), I am volonteer to update the project myself. But for that I need to know who is in charge and how to contact him to propose my help

Does anyone here know how can i help ? :)

Danakh

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 22nd February 2012, 08:10

Re: RL Tiles projet

I guess the project is just dead (last commit was 6 years ago) and i still get no answers from Itakura.

I wonder if it is possible to resurect it. What's the license of crawl specific stuff ?
The license directory contains 5 of them including and i can't find which ones apply to graphics. The LGPL would allow to create again the project under the LGPL license, which would be fine to have an easy graphic library used by several rogue-likes ?

In addition to the license problem. Do you find such a project interesting or not ?
Is it worth spending some time on it ?

Return to Contributions