Call for Console Screenshots

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Server Admin

Post Friday, 14th January 2011, 10:18

Call for Console Screenshots

Hi there!

As some may have noticed, the screenshots of the Console version found here are rather dull. A bit-mapped courier font (or even worse fixed) at size 8 just doesn't cut it to show the beauty and simplicity of our beloved Console version!

I would like to invite everybody to upload their screenshots to this thread. Screenshots of a game in Console, maybe during some heavy action, maybe an interesting conversation with a unique, or maybe just showing off a cool level design or a nice vault.

Rules for the screenshots: Actually, none. I would say the bigger & nicer the font and the cooler the action the better. Please don't upload screenshots of 200x100 sessions with font size 5 or similar. The forum limits uploads to 10 per post and 5mb per file.

Thank you in advance for helping making the game more appealing! :)
Please report bugs to the bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 14th January 2011, 10:58

Re: Call for Console Screenshots

Two other things:

1. While I personally don't mind them, people have complained about offensive character names in the screenshot section, so please don't upload any of those.
2. Non-gameplay interface screenshots (e.g. of the '%' overview screen, 'Ctrl-O' etc.) can also be interesting.

Thanks in advance!
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 14th January 2011, 15:48

is that centaur, rat, ant, worm, lizard vault real? Because thats awsome. It would probably be weird in tiles if you didn't get the joke though.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 14th January 2011, 18:22

It is indeed real, but it only has a chance of actually spelling it out.

I'd try to capture some interesting situations in my games, but I recoloured a bunch of things, so it might be confusing without explicit note of its deviation from the defaults. Then again, it might be good to show some of the things possible with fancy configuration.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 14th January 2011, 22:50

Though this isn't what you're looking for, I thought this one was hilarious ... What happens if you read a scroll of immolation immediately after a scroll on random uselessness?

For this message the author Moose has received thanks:
Napkin

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 19th January 2011, 17:31

Hit this one last night:

For this message the author Moose has received thanks: 2
evktalo, Napkin

Server Admin

Post Wednesday, 19th January 2011, 18:36

Both nice ones! :)
Please report bugs to the bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Return to Contributions