Request for new extended endgame floor/walls

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd November 2011, 09:58

Request for new extended endgame floor/walls

These branches could really use their own floor tiles (and wall, in the case of pandemonium).

Floor: Currently, all three use floor_tomb (the same floor that is in tomb, and used to be in crypt). Pandemonium occasionally gets floor_nerves (the abyss floor). It would be good if each branch had its own unique floor tiles. Tomb can keep floor_tomb, for obvious reasons.

For walls: Pandemonium uses the same walls as zot on most levels. I think it could use it's own walls, but this is less important than the floor issue. Dis and tartarus already have good walls.

Note that in console, pandemonium gets random colours for walls/and floors, so it would be good to keep that in mind for whatever tiles you make. It will be enough to submit them in one colour; the game can handle the rest.

On the subject of theme:

Tartarus is the undead / negative energy hell. The floor should be something that reflects the dark, decaying nature of the branch. Something that would be appropriate for crypt or tomb would be appropriate for here too.

Dis is the "metal" hell. Something metallic would be the obvious choice. Not too bright, though.

Pandemonium is made of "weird stuff" (this is actually what the game calls it), so you have a lot of freedom for what to do with this. If you make a floor out of "weird stuff", make sure it isn't too weird though - we don't want floors that are "busy" looking (otherwise it becomes hard to see items/monsters).

If you would like to contribute tiles for these branches, please do so! Hopefully we can give these branches a unique look. (you can upload tiles to the mantis item that I have linked at the top of this post).

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 4th November 2011, 07:20

Re: Request for new extended endgame floor/walls

New dis tiles are now in, thanks to Denzi.

This leaves tartarus (only a new floor is needed here), and pandemonium.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 5th November 2011, 04:47

Tartarus is now done. Dunno if anyone is actually following this thread, but I figure I'll keep it updated.

For this message the author evilmike has received thanks: 4
dpeg, Grimm, MyOtheHedgeFox, nicolae

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 6th November 2011, 09:44

Alright. Tartarus, Dis, and Pandemonium are all done. Big thanks to Denzi, who created all of the tiles (and actually created more than I could find a use for)!

That's everything. I think we can now say that all branches in crawl have a distinct look in tiles.

For this message the author evilmike has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Return to Contributions