TILE REQUEST: Moth of Delusion

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2011, 20:01

TILE REQUEST: Moth of Delusion

I'm making a few new moth monsters, and I'm dissatisfied with the current moth tiles. Specifically, their wings are too small, making them look more like dragonflies. I'd like to see a moth tile with an emphasis on wing size, without being absurdly out of proportion.

For this first round, I'm asking for a tile for the moth of delusion, a new Zot monster. Here's my current in-game description:
A rarely-observed species of moth, radiating a faint magenta-tinged luminescence. Upon its wings are ornate geometric patterns that seem to shimmer and shift with every beat, their vivid colors coruscating in a dozen dazzling hues.

Don't worry too much about the colors, as long as it is predominantly pink/magenta. The wings should be large, and include some sort of texture to them. If it also had a faint semitransparent pink aura, that would be great.

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 31st October 2011, 01:09

Re: TILE REQUEST: Moth of Delusion

moth_of_delusion.png
moth_of_delusion.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 2730 times

moth_of_delution_2.png
moth_of_delution_2.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 2730 times

I took a shot at it. Do you like either of these?

-cjo

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 10th November 2011, 03:21

cjo wrote:
moth_of_delusion.png

moth_of_delution_2.png

I took a shot at it. Do you like either of these?

-cjo

Hmm... color it green, clean up the patterns on the wings, and give it a well-defined outline and I'd be happy to use it for my next moth, the Moth of Frailty. :)

In this round, however, the ever-indefatigable Denzi beat you to it by four days, with new tiles for both the Ghost Moth and the Moth of Delusion (which I have since renamed to Carousel Moth):

For this message the author Wensleydale has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 13th November 2011, 16:57

Ah, those are lovely. I will have a go at revising mine later today. I got sidetracked my pursuing my first ever win!

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 14th November 2011, 15:48

That second moth by Denzi is the sort of thing I was trying to do, but wasn't skilled enough!

I made a green moth... I tried to add a pronounced "eye" pattern to the wings, but I don't think the perspective is quite right. I will submit it to mantis, but if you get a better submission, I won't mind. :)

Anyway, here it is:
Attachments
moth_of_frailty_submission.png
moth_of_frailty_submission.png (3.54 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

For this message the author cjo has received thanks: 2
MyOtheHedgeFox, Wensleydale

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 02:29

Awesome, I like it. :) You don't need to submit it to the mantis, I'll submit it as part of my Moth of Frailty patch (which might not be for a while, though).

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 20th November 2011, 20:15

Wensleydale wrote:Awesome, I like it. :) You don't need to submit it to the mantis, I'll submit it as part of my Moth of Frailty patch (which might not be for a while, though).

Cool :)

I actually thought I was supposed to submit via Mantis, so I did that right after posting here... another person submitted a slight revision with a little additional outlining, which I like. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

Return to Contributions