How long do pull requests take to get accepted?

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 17th December 2017, 19:57

How long do pull requests take to get accepted?

I'm a bit confused.

Some time ago, I decided to fix a minor tiles bug reported on Mantis. After a bit of trying, I managed to do it, issued a pull request, got some feedback on "d'oh it's so obvious in retrospects" minor issues, fixed those, and... waited.

Two weeks ago I asked if there was anything else I had to do, and didn't get any feedback since.

So... is it normal? Do pull requests take a back seat within a month from a major release, or when primary contributors are busy (there were huge changes recently, what with wand stacking and food simplifications...)?
Or did I miss something vital?

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 18th December 2017, 20:10

Re: How long do pull requests take to get accepted?

Sorry it took so long: there have been so many pull requests recently that it's easy to lose track of old ones. amalloy just merged it.

Edit: If you want to get our attention about a pull request that's being neglected, your approach (post here) is probably a good one. IRC (##crawl-dev on irc.freenode.net) might be quicker, though, since most devs are on IRC more often than Tavern.

For this message the author neil has received thanks:
Filip Michalowski

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 18:03

Re: How long do pull requests take to get accepted?

neil wrote:Sorry it took so long: there have been so many pull requests recently that it's easy to lose track of old ones.

Understandable.

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully, I'll contribute more bugfixes in the coming year. :D

For this message the author Filip Michalowski has received thanks:
neil

Return to Contributions