DCSS stat utility

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 3rd October 2017, 13:54

DCSS stat utility

Hi all,

I've created a tool (in alpha stage ...) to gather stats from morgue files.
I hope this project will both improve my python and DCSS skills ..
An example of output of this tool is here : https://gist.github.com/oschwab/850fad890bcd1ce6ab24582a14a81385
Scores can be exported to csv and then in spreadsheet :https://i.imgur.com/3gQbqkB.png

I'm looking for

* people with thick morgue folder, who are interested in sending me their morgue and see the result (I've never escaped with the orb, so I expect some troubles when parsing morgues of tough players)

* people with python installed (on any OS)
    or
    * people with good DCSS knowledge

to help me improve statistics, and the program itself.

The project is on Git here https://github.com/oschwab/dcss_stats

Thanks for your attention.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 3rd October 2017, 16:52

Re: DCSS stat utility

I downloaded my online webtiles morgue files and uploaded them to google drive, it's a pretty thick folder but the files seem to be saved slightly differently then the way the offline version saves them, i hope it's not a problem.
Link

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 3rd October 2017, 18:13

6 first files, already 3 "issues" ... don"t expect the final result too quickly ;)

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 3rd October 2017, 19:39

I just realized, that first folder is only the games i played on one of the servers, since games from different online servers are saved separately, here is my other online morgue folder.

Ready for more headache?

This server saves the files in the offline style :lol:

On the other hand maybe that means less errors.

If you end up not being able to match the morgues or cant get data from the other save style don't worry about it.

Also, some of these games are from much much older versions, and some are from fresh versions, that might be the cause of some errors. Feel free to clip out super old games if that helps.

For this message the author braveplatypus has received thanks:
lepoulpe303

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 3rd October 2017, 23:04

You can download all morgues from all online servers pretty easily. Here's the link for CPO for example: https://crawl.project357.org/morgue/

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 4th October 2017, 01:28

It may or may not help you, because the code is a bit of a mess and doesn't get updated that much, but dcss actually has a built-in morgue parser that you could use as a reference, in wiz-dump.cc. This is used to try to construct a character from a morgue file for testing or fsim purposes in wizmode. (Parsing these in python would be a lot better than in c++!)

I think the online vs. offline morgue discussion in the above comments is a slight red herring: there's a whole bunch of options that can affect your morgue file and IIRC they have different default settings online vs. offline, or maybe per server. But the settings all work for both cases, so the source of the morgue doesn't really determine the details of the morgue, and the format is (unfortunately for someone trying to parse it) quite flexible. See section 4 of the options guide, especially the dump_order setting.

chequers wrote:You can download all morgues from all online servers pretty easily. Here's the link for CPO for exampl

uh if you do this, probably check with the server admin, it is sort of easy to accidentally DOS the server (as I understand it basically because the directory listings are really cpu intensive to generate), which can impact crawl games on the server. Usually throttling your downloader some is enough. (chequers is CPO admin so I guess you're ok for that one?)

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th October 2017, 08:16

braveplatypus wrote:I downloaded my online webtiles morgue files and uploaded them to google drive, it's a pretty thick folder but the files seem to be saved slightly differently then the way the offline version saves them, i hope it's not a problem.
Link

First draft is ready.

Apparently no private messages possible on this board.
Do you want me to put it in a public repository ?

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th October 2017, 08:22

advil wrote:It may or may not help you, because the code is a bit of a mess and doesn't get updated that much, but dcss actually has a built-in morgue parser that you could use as a reference, in wiz-dump.cc. This is used to try to construct a character from a morgue file for testing or fsim purposes in wizmode. (Parsing these in python would be a lot better than in c++!)

I simply can't C++. I avoid it even at work.

I think the online vs. offline morgue discussion in the above comments is a slight red herring: there's a whole bunch of options that can affect your morgue file and IIRC they have different default settings online vs. offline, or maybe per server. But the settings all work for both cases, so the source of the morgue doesn't really determine the details of the morgue, and the format is (unfortunately for someone trying to parse it) quite flexible. See section 4 of the options guide, especially the dump_order setting.

chequers wrote:You can download all morgues from all online servers pretty easily. Here's the link for CPO for exampl

uh if you do this, probably check with the server admin, it is sort of easy to accidentally DOS the server (as I understand it basically because the directory listings are really cpu intensive to generate), which can impact crawl games on the server. Usually throttling your downloader some is enough. (chequers is CPO admin so I guess you're ok for that one?)

braveplatypus' morgue already gave me a lot of ToDo.
I will try online morgues after that, but thanks for the advice !

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th October 2017, 18:36

braveplatypus wrote:I just realized, that first folder is only the games i played on one of the servers, since games from different online servers are saved separately, here is my other online morgue folder.

Ready for more headache?

This server saves the files in the offline style :lol:

On the other hand maybe that means less errors.

If you end up not being able to match the morgues or cant get data from the other save style don't worry about it.

Also, some of these games are from much much older versions, and some are from fresh versions, that might be the cause of some errors. Feel free to clip out super old games if that helps.

Drum roll ...
https://gist.github.com/oschwab/a9d27253a02a0ccec0cb7dd5c8751a46

I merged both morgues you gave me.

There are still some abnormal things (like the fact you died a couple of times in dungeon n/a:n/a ) and presentation got to be improved, but that's quite usable I think ...

For this message the author lepoulpe303 has received thanks:
braveplatypus

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 4th October 2017, 20:30

Two things i notice right away

It doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between "Escaped" and "Escaped with the orb"

Monsters and some of their effects are separate in the kill listings (adder's poison) (jelly's acid) (large rock thrown by a cyclops)

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 4th October 2017, 20:45

braveplatypus wrote:Two things i notice right away

It doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference between "Escaped" and "Escaped with the orb"

Monsters and some of their effects are separate in the kill listings (adder's poison) (jelly's acid) (large rock thrown by a cyclops)

- Escaped vs Escaped with the Orb is in my todo list
- Monster & effects => bug reported https://github.com/oschwab/dcss_stats/issues/2

I don't know what to with quit (I honestly even did not know that you can quit a game)

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 5th October 2017, 11:15

New report :
https://gist.github.com/oschwab/e1cf0a4d28d8ee56bf42056c1b9a5ca6

Escaped from dungeon (n/a:n/a) not listed in Dungeon stats anymore
Monsters effects ignored (adder's poison => adder)

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 10th October 2017, 14:48

New report :

https://gist.github.com/oschwab/7884cac ... 20e4075385

(+) Escaped with orb stat

For this message the author lepoulpe303 has received thanks:
chequers

Return to Contributions