Blood splat tiles

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 24th July 2011, 16:41

Blood splat tiles

Currently, the blood splats have a different colour than the blood puddles from corpses. The latter is more brownish and much better than the bright red of the blood splats IMO. It would be nice to change the blood splats to use the same colour as the puddles.
We also have a bunch of new blood splat tiles submitted by Omndra. As I have commented on mantis, they have the same colour issue as the other ones, but they also have no shade and no transparency, they are completely monochrome. The end result isn't great, they stand out and look weird.
I would fix them myself, but I my gimp skills are rather poor compared to my coding skills. if one of you guys could do recolour the current splats and improve the new ones, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 24th July 2011, 17:45

Re: Blood splat tiles

Reminder, here is how it looked like in 0.7.

They do have a better colour, but they are just puddles. But I agree that the new ones don't look that great. They have bright lines too visible. Something in-between could work, with smaller puddles and drops. OK, so let's try something else.

Blood splats can use improvements. The old ones weren't satisfactory, and the new ones aren't either. What is good is the old colour, some more varied shapes than the old ones and some with wall dripping like the new ones. A few with hand written inscriptions like Omndra submitted could be very nice.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Contributions