purple demonic/undead looking thing tile. also minotaur

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 18:39

purple demonic/undead looking thing tile. also minotaur

this was originally designed as an updated shadow imp (taking a large amount of inspiration from the classic Doom imp) but I got lazy and it was left unfinished for some time. this is my first tile I've ever made, but it looks alright to me so I thought I'd slap it up here for critique and to be available for possible use for a future monster, or something of that nature. probably not as the shadow imp it was intended to be (far too different from the other imps, totally unbefitting the imp feel) but maybe for some other demon or undead looking thing.

if necessary, i am completely alright with modifying the tile.

e: as requested, an edit featuring more discernible facial features, achieved by using brighter colors for the mouth and teeth (also on some of the spikes), and using a lighter purple for the bridge of the nose. or where a nose would be on this thing's face. also now it features glowing eyes, which i found suitably demonic, as well as helping to distinguish the face.

e2: and why not, have one with a bigger mouth
Attachments
updatedShadowImpBigMouth.png
updatedShadowImpBigMouth.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
updatedShadowImp.png
updatedShadowImp.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
ShadowImp.png
ShadowImp.png (4.61 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
Last edited by lingerstink on Wednesday, 4th May 2011, 18:54, edited 3 times in total.

co

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 19:51

Re: purple demonic/undead looking thing tile

Very, very good!
The only thing i can think of is the face. It's a little hard to make out the features of the face.
If you make the eyes and mouth larger I think the tile would be even better.

I would love to see this tile in-game.
Good Job!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 4th May 2011, 03:27

Re: purple demonic/undead looking thing tile

thanks for your comments - i'll work on modifying that face to see if i can't get the details to come out more.

in the meantime, since i got a positive response, i decided to give a tile that's really irked me for a while a makeover. it's the minotaur, and no offense to the original tile creator, but it just kind of looked rushed. also, since you normally only see minotaurs in labyrinths, and they're standing directly on top of a pile of loot, they usually pick some random weapon up. i'm not sure if i placed it correctly, but i think this tile could feasibly display a wielded weapon. if not, like always, i can modify it. this is, after all, a work-in-progress (i need to tweak the colors to match the fleshy color of other humanoids, it looks too pale now).

also i seem to have subconsciously applied a slightly trollish stature to his stance.

edit: now updated with a new, less sickly looking minotaur (straight up jacked the old one's color scheme).
Attachments
minotaur2.png
minotaur2.png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
minotaur.png
minotaur.png (5.04 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

Return to Contributions