Where can I get the source code and compiler?

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 3rd March 2015, 11:57

Where can I get the source code and compiler?

I want to try to improve a few spells, but I have no experience with DCSS local code, so (the way I see it, at least) the most productive way I can think of for for me to learn it AND to test it locally would be to get the source code of the whole game somewhere, modify the spells as needed, compile it locally (on my PC) and test it locally, and only then share the chunks of code I have modified with public.

Is that possible? Can someone point me in the direction where I can get the source code and the compiler, if yes?

P.S. I tried looking for links in the stickies, but no luck. I guess I missed something.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 3rd March 2015, 16:41

Re: Where can I get the source code and compiler?

http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/downloads (That's the 'downloads' button on the main page)

The instructions/source links are at the bottom, probably post in 'tech support' when you have questions like this.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 5th March 2015, 14:57

Re: Where can I get the source code and compiler?

Better use git. INSTALL.txt has instructions: http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a= ... xt;hb=HEAD

Return to Contributions