Wiki editing permission?

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 6th July 2014, 22:17

Wiki editing permission?

Hello everyone,

I've been playing the game a bit and using the wiki quite often to find information. However, some entries are out of date and I wish I could update them accordingly to what is on the trunk version of the game. Is there a way to request a wiki account to be able to do so? If not, one of the pages that need an update is the "Book of maledictions" one, since Invisibility is not a spell available in that book anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help,
soadzombi.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 6th July 2014, 23:29

Re: Wiki editing permission?

If you are referring to the wiki on crawl.chaosforge.org, that is not officially part of the project and is not maintained by the dev team. You have to email the admins to get an account: see the link at the top of their front page.

(I had an account once, but then the wiki moved, all the old accounts were deleted, and account registration over the web was disabled to combat spam)

For this message the author neil has received thanks:
soadzombi

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 7th July 2014, 00:15

neil wrote:If you are referring to the wiki on crawl.chaosforge.org, that is not officially part of the project and is not maintained by the dev team. You have to email the admins to get an account: see the link at the top of their front page.

(I had an account once, but then the wiki moved, all the old accounts were deleted, and account registration over the web was disabled to combat spam)

Thank you. Is the IRC channel (learndb) the official crawl source then?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 7th July 2014, 00:23

soadzombi wrote:
neil wrote:If you are referring to the wiki on crawl.chaosforge.org, that is not officially part of the project and is not maintained by the dev team. You have to email the admins to get an account: see the link at the top of their front page.

Thank you. Is the IRC channel (learndb) the official crawl source then?

Technically the learndb isn't official either, it's just more likely to be up to date because ##crawl is high traffic, open for editing by everyone, everyone can see when an edit is made so vandalism is unlikely, etc

Return to Contributions