Odd vault error / Sprint WIP

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 22nd November 2013, 16:43

Odd vault error / Sprint WIP

I'm working on a Sprint map, and while it's coming along fairly well, I just started getting a strange error concerning one of its subvaults, "the_charnel":
Lua error: ...crawl/crawl-ref/source/dat/dlua/fnwrap.lua:30: Could
not resolve 'callback.sealing_stone' to a function x100
Lua error:
crawl/crawl-ref/source/dat/des/sprint/kobold_mines.des:20:
Could not fit 'the_charnel' in (9,27) to (45, 43).

(these error messages repeat themselves three times)

What's very strange is that this error only appears around 20% of the time; most games the error does not appear at all.
Stranger still, the error seems harmless. Not only does the_charnel get placed in (9, 27) to (45, 43) just fine, but the callback.sealing_stone function triggers exactly as expected. There doesn't seem to be any different between the games when these errors appear and the games when they don't, both play exactly the same.

The .des file is at http://bpaste.net/show/152139/

I'd also appreciate any comments on the map in question. It's slower-paced than most sprints, and probably easier too--I'd appreciate comments on how to adjust the difficulty curve. I'm worried that EEs, formicids, and merfolk will have an unfair advantage, but I'm not sure. It's not complete, so there's just a bunch of empty space near the bottom.
One feature I was unsure about was including a Pikel band. On the one hand, freed slaves can upset the balance a little bit, taking out an early "boss" or opening doors before you're ready. On the other hand, it's kind of a fun question whether to try to free them to soften the upcoming enemies a bit, or kill them so that they don't ruin your stealthy approach. And it's nice flavor, too. I'm a bit split.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 23rd November 2013, 02:07

Re: Odd vault error / Sprint WIP

Your functions such as callback.sealing_stone need to be at the beginning of the file, before any map definitions; otherwise they're considered to be part of a map definition.

For this message the author sgrunt has received thanks:
Whales

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 26th November 2013, 21:19

Re: Odd vault error / Sprint WIP

Thanks sgrunt.

I corrected that error, did lots of tweaking, and "completed" the map to the point where it's beatable; still needs some difficulty scaling I think, and maybe diversification of enemies.
Updated version at http://bpaste.net/show/153375/

Return to Contributions