Webtiles

Announcements and information

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 06:08

Webtiles

casmith789 already mentioned it in the tournament thread, but I think this deserves its own thread. You can play tiles online! It's not the full featured tiles interface (no mouse, no minimap, no command panels and no icons in menus) but it's fully functional and you can play in a browser. You need a browser which support websockets. Only firefox 4 and chrome do now.
There's also someone who has started working on a different client/server implementation. This is still very early, but there's actually some work being done :)
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 06:58

Re: Webtiles

i know someone who just won't get any work done today. (and it's not me.)
great work, people. great, great work! i just cannot stress it enough.
i might even get some guys who've been meaning to give it a go hooked in time for the tournament.
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 16:47

I saw this and couldn't get it to go, but I guess I gotta Chrome up.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 20:33

Wow, great stuff.

galehar, one of the first things I did was try this in my browser on Android! Unfortunately it doesn't support WebSockets - as I'm sure you're well aware! (I recall you mentioned an android tablet port...)

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 3rd May 2011, 21:40

I gave this a whirl last night on Chrome for Mac and, other than the understandable lag, it worked like a charm for me. Two daggers up!
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 4th May 2011, 07:04

Regnix wrote:Wow, great stuff.

galehar, one of the first things I did was try this in my browser on Android! Unfortunately it doesn't support WebSockets - as I'm sure you're well aware! (I recall you mentioned an android tablet port...)

It wouldn't have been very usable anyway since it's keyboard only. And yes, I still have plans to port crawl to android, but it's a lot of work and not my highest priority right now.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 4th May 2011, 21:31

This is the announcement forum. I've moved all the technical questions to a new thread in Interface & Software. I'm locking this thread.

Server Admin

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2011, 16:27

Please report bugs to the bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Return to Bulletin Board