Generic Brainstorming!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 22nd February 2015, 12:56

Re: Generic Brainstorming!

It's a feature, not a bug.

For this message the author bel has received thanks:
Sar

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 18th April 2015, 14:53

Unwanted Unrands
Arbablade: An impracticle weapon for an improbable hero. When wielded normally it behaves as a great sword, but it can also fire bolts as an arbalest.
Miror Shield: A large shield with a reflective surface. Has the reflection ego, but also causes Stlth-- due to it constantly reflecting light.
Rubber-Soled Boots: Boots with rubber soles. Grants rElec, Stlth+ and Running.
Scourge of Hell: A demonic whip with a randomised brand for each hit: flaming/freezing/draining/crushing.
Vampire's Cape: A cape once worn by a vampire. Some of his power still resides in it. Grants rN++ and ability to evoke batform.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 19th April 2015, 19:22

Wow, big necro.
Lord of Lignification, we bow down to you.

...why aren't you bowing? Stop reading this and bow.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 21st April 2015, 01:25

DiBergi's Tap of Annihilation (Level 11 Conjurations)

"Years of study into a string of strange and inexplicable drummer deaths resulted in the accidental discovery of this most terrible of incantations. Only theoretically castable by mortals, this hideous destructive force causes a chosen victim to explode messily, and is rather unhealthy for any bystanders."

Deals 121 irresistible smite-targeted damage to any target within your line of sight, 11 irresistible damage to all adjacent targets, and 1 damage to everything on the current floor. Creates infinite noise. Corpse-generating creatures defeated in this way leave chunks a la Disintegration. Cannot target opponents standing at the edge of your line of sight, unless you worship Vehumet, who allows you to crank it up to twelve.

Has a cooldown after casting similar to an elemental evoker, during which you are waiting for the sense of hearing to return to everything within the Dungeon.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 4th November 2015, 09:02

treerex5 wrote:Wow, big necro.

That's not a necro, THIS is a necro!

But seriously, I got directed here by the thread about rules/etc of GDD, and since this is a totally bare-bones idea:

God of wands and evocations. Possible names include Pontarfynach, Inverurie and Ulst, which are (I think) Welsh/maybe Scottish/Irish locations but more thematically are the names of wand shop shopkeepers in NetHack (so edit them a bit because I know NetHack is awful but I was just looking at its list of shopkeeper names and thinking "Some of these would fit as crawl gods!")

I honestly have no idea what said god would do, which is why I am posting this here and not in GDD.

EDIT: just heard Pakellas is a thing.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 5th November 2015, 23:42

psymar wrote:God of ... evocations.

Sounds like Nemelex

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 6th November 2015, 18:16

But plays like Trog.
Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner